Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency (26998 Views)

Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? / Libya Returnee Rejects Obaseki’s Monthly Stipend; Libya Best Place To Work (pic) / Fayose Is Right! Federal Govt Lied about the N5,000 Stipend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Lilimax(f): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
obyrich:
I thank God non of the South Eastern states is on the list of 'the most poverty stricken states' in Nigeria. Chukwu Okike Abiama ekele m gi o. cheesy
grin grin
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Bograd83(f): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
. a
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
this government needs to buckle its shoes and stop making things look odd to nigerians, m getting vexed already and m finking i should have to join the IDGAF crew, please is there anyway i create an account to join embarassed
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by SmartyPants(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

There is. Only one thing we Need In Nigeria that will sort both the poor and the rich
We need ELECTRICITY
Even if it takes the FG 2 years to achieve %20 I say go for it.see if people don't get employed . This is not an issue of now. And then FG . It's an issue of leadership . We need the Engine of Nigeria to start and that needs power . The FG is buying into the idea of welfare states when the Rich nations are trying to get out of it.

Are electricity and welfare mutually exclusive? Is there a reason why we can't have both? Is it not clear that the FG is working on power supply at the moment? Is it not also clear that even when power supply is fixed it will take some time for the effects to trickle through? And is it not also abundantly clear that until the effects have trickled through a move to provide an economic cushion is both smart and considerate?

What you need to understand is that every society goes through stages and where at a point the most advanced will be better served by being done with welfare, the less advanced might be better served by starting it.

Btw i said tell me what the previous administration did better in regards to solving the problem of the needs of the poor.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by rose54321: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
If no one on nairaland benefited or was captured then the process is ...
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Jean2(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
rerhji:
a good move by Mr. president if dis works out nd d punishment for trying to disrupt d programme Shd b severe.....FTC after 8yrs of struggling....dedicate dis to all my fans

cheesy

may your fans blow cool air on you forever! Ah ah ah
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by mapet: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
pressplay411:

Truth be told, the N5000 was promised to the youth during campaign.
Guess they realised it was better suited for the poor, bearing in mind youths inclusive.

The level of poverty sweeping across the nation is apocalyptic. Hopefully this project isn't mismanaged as usual.
N5000 was NEVER promised to "youth" during election. You lot just twist and modify facts. N5000 was promised to the "poorest" and the "most vulnerable"
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by refiner(f): 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
dharmiedrums:
I'm amazed...you made so much sense, I thought you were... lipsrsealed
angry
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by mapet: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
In summary:
1. The 5000 naira is per household and not per individual
Yet again another poorly thought out intervention. This is not a Conditional Cash Transfer because i cannot see any condition the beneficiaries have to fulfill other than being poor and destitute in order to receive the 5000 naira. Ideally, A CCT intervention is designed to lift the household out of poverty by encouraging them to perform some sort of poverty alleviating activity in exchange for payment. 5000 naira cannot lift a household out of poverty!!!
A well thought out CCT programme would ideally have two components: A Basic Income Guarantee (B.I.G). This can be the 5000 naira given per household however after they have satisfied certain conditions i. e must have Children in school or must be involved in some income generating activity already. This can be given for 2 years or whatever duration of time and it basically guarantees the household a basic income...as the name implies. After 2 years, the second phase, a Poverty Reduction Accelerator Investment (PRAI) is given to households. This will be a bulk sum of money to be used to boost their business or start one. This could be a sure way of lifting households out of poverty...in theory

Have you read the conditions of the scheme before this your needless write-up?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
vhickky:
No sir, you obviously didn't get the process, the poor households would be identified by the Community members themselves, using the parameters that define poverty in their area..... Poverty is relative, a man can have 10,000 naira and claim to be poor, another can have 10 naira and still claim to be poor..... The question is how do they define poverty in that community?, is is about the number of times they eat in an household, or the number of times firewood fumes comes out in their Compound, in a typical poor community this is a sure indication that they are actually cooking in that household...... Please read more on community based targeting to understand sir.......

... NB: an household can also be defined as a family.....
from your own analysis you can tell this is all a big joke, those who worked had not been paid how do you expect those that had not worked to be paid, more so should the FG no make sure those owed get paid forst to elevate thier own poverty? or waht do you think?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Enyimbamercedes: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
mapet:

Have you read the conditions of the scheme before this your needless write-up?

Yes mum, i read it and the only condition is that they are poor and destitute
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
mapet:

N5000 was NEVER promised to "youth" during election. You lot just twist and modify facts. N5000 was promised to the "poorest" and the "most vulnerable"
plz paste the quote to ur assumptions
This si what he said
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/02/29/despite-campaign-pledge-buhari-jettisons-n5000-stipend-to-unemployed-youths/
Now who is twisting things?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dabossman(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
The only comments I'm really interested in is that of those who may have benefitted from this program. Everyone on Nairaland is supposedly rich and 5k is beneath them. It's seemingly lunch money or recharge card money for many.

But in the words of the song "Mr. Wendall" from Arrested Development;

"Two dollars means a snack to me, but it means a great deal to you"
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dabossman(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
Except the conditions have changed, this scheme was tied to enrollment of your child in school and immunization right from the onset during election campaign. That's what was in the APC manifesto.

Enyimbamercedes:
In summary:
1. The 5000 naira is per household and not per individual
Yet again another poorly thought out intervention. This is not a Conditional Cash Transfer because i cannot see any condition the beneficiaries have to fulfill other than being poor and destitute in order to receive the 5000 naira. Ideally, A CCT intervention is designed to lift the household out of poverty by encouraging them to perform some sort of poverty alleviating activity in exchange for payment. 5000 naira cannot lift a household out of poverty!!!
A well thought out CCT programme would ideally have two components: A Basic Income Guarantee (B.I.G). This can be the 5000 naira given per household however after they have satisfied certain conditions i. e must have Children in school or must be involved in some income generating activity already. This can be given for 2 years or whatever duration of time and it basically guarantees the household a basic income...as the name implies. After 2 years, the second phase, a Poverty Reduction Accelerator Investment (PRAI) is given to households. This will be a bulk sum of money to be used to boost their business or start one. This could be a sure way of lifting households out of poverty...in theory
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Teawhy2011: 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
It's January: Any hope for 2nd batch Npower applicants?
1st batch selected applicants have been receiving Dec. Allowance, do 2nd batch will collect Dec allowance as well? Or they wont collect 24 months allowances?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dharmiedrums(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dabossman(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by mapet: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:

Yes mum, i read it and the only condition is that they are poor and destitute

Then you have not, because if you had you will not only be writing the needless post, but you will be discussing how the conditions (chiefly School enrolment and evidence of immunisation for their children) are positive additions to the societal well being. These conditions were stated right from the days of campaign

Some of you guys are just ignorant and you don't know how ignorant you are
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
dabossman:
The only comments I'm really interested in is that of those who may have benefitted from this program. Everyone on Nairaland is supposedly rich and 5k is beneath them. It's seemingly lunch money or recharge card money for many.

But in the words of the song "Mr. Wendall" from Arrested Development;

"Two dollars means a snack to me, but it means a great deal to you"
True but 5K can never epp anyone on nairaland FACT
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by mapet: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

plz paste the quote to ur assumptions
This si what he said
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/02/29/despite-campaign-pledge-buhari-jettisons-n5000-stipend-to-unemployed-youths/
Now who is twisting things?

I am telling you, this is twisting of what was campaigned. 5k was never promised to youths..........
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by vhickky(f): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

from your own analysis you can tell this is all a big joke, those who worked had not been paid how do you expect those that had not worked to be paid, more so should the FG no make sure those owed get paid forst to elevate thier own poverty? or waht do you think?
I don't know if this was actually implemented or a consultant just drew this up, but if this was actually done, if u go to those communities and see the people identified as poor, you would thank God for your own case, and understand the difference between poverty and being better off
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
mapet:

I am telling you, this is twisting of what was campaigned. 5k was never promised to youths..........
It was, as I personal heard him saying it on NTA, That link posted there I see you ignored it fine, why dont you post me one to debunk what I just showed.Lets we forget vonorability is not exactly poverty
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
vhickky:
I don't know if this was actually implemented or a consultant just drew this up, but if this was actually done, if u go to those communities and see the people identified as poor, you would thank God for your own case, and understand the difference between poverty and being better off
I cant go to them states and thats fact,there is poverty everywhere.Even in the Uk we have people who sleep on the street and beg to eat.Im sure we have people from the 9 listed pilot states, now my question for tehm lot, did they withness or k now anyone who bear witness to the CBT?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by mapet: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

It was, as I personal heard him saying it on NTA, That link posted there I see you ignored it fine, why dont you post me one to debunk what I just showed.Lets we forget vonorability is not exactly poverty

The credible source is the Party's manifesto. You heard it on NTA, give the link. As per the link you posted, the party had come out to deny that they never promised to pay 5k to unemployed youths
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dabossman(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

This is actually the campaign promise that was made in January 2015 before the elections:

"All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has promised to provide allowances to discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes, if elected in 2015. There is also the pledge to provide One Meal a day for all Primary school pupils.

Buhari/Osibanjo administration also vow to create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability.

“As a nation and the Sub Saharan Africa’s leading energy producer, we had in the past squandered the opportunity to build functional infrastructure to better the lives of the average Nigerian. We can no longer afford this luxury of inactivity.

We must revive our public and private sectors in order to provide functional services and secure the good of the individual Nigerian and his or her family,” Buhari said in a document that reveals some of his plans for 2015.

http://www..ng/2015/01/05/free-meals-allowance-jobless-youths-n5000-poor-families-buhari-promises/
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
mapet:

The credible source is the Party's manifesto. You heard it on NTA, give the link. As per the link you posted, the party had come out to deny that they never promised to pay 5k to unemployed youths
Seriously??
I have asked you to paste any link where they
1 Deny it
2 promised something different from waht I just posted os wrote.No need to just come up here and counter waht I have said, back it with at least half evidence in print/media.or you want a youtube clip as well, might B hard as Im on my fone in 9ja but Im sure I can do that.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
dabossman:

This is actually the campaign promise that was made in January 2015 before the elections:

"All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has promised to provide allowances to discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes, if elected in 2015. There is also the pledge to provide One Meal a day for all Primary school pupils.

Buhari/Osibanjo administration also vow to create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability.

“As a nation and the Sub Saharan Africa’s leading energy producer, we had in the past squandered the opportunity to build functional infrastructure to better the lives of the average Nigerian. We can no longer afford this luxury of inactivity.

We must revive our public and private sectors in order to provide functional services and secure the good of the individual Nigerian and his or her family,” Buhari said in a document that reveals some of his plans for 2015.

http://www..ng/2015/01/05/free-meals-allowance-jobless-youths-n5000-poor-families-buhari-promises/
YOUR LINKS DO NOT WORK , YOU CAN TRY IT YOURSELF plz try again
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dabossman(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

YOUR LINKS DO NOT WORK , YOU CAN TRY IT YOURSELF plz try again

Here's another link from Vanguard. Check item 12. It reads:

12. Create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability. 13. Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/

This is the previous link: http://www..ng/2015/01/05/free-meals-allowance-jobless-youths-n5000-poor-families-buhari-promises/

Modified: It keeps shortening once i post. Don't know why.

If we must hold Buhari's government accountable to their promises, we must do so by questioning them on what they promised and it's implementation. We don't need to embellish their words.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by googlepikins: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Khd95:
may day!

Wailing wailer spotted,i repeat wailing wailer spotted
to them bubu can never achieve any good,but they shall be shamedgrin
Zombie spotted

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
dabossman:

Here's another link from Vanguard. Check item 12. It reads:

12. Create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability. 13. Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/

This is the previous link: http://www..ng/2015/01/05/free-meals-allowance-jobless-youths-n5000-poor-families-buhari-promises/

Modified: It keeps shortening once i post. Don't know why.

If we must hold Buhari's government accountable to their promises, we must do so by questioning them on what they promised and it's implementation. We don't need to embellish their words.
Same Vanguard http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/payment-of-n5000-to-unemployed-youths-begins-next-year-fg/
ABUJA — The All Progressives Congress, APC-led Federal Government, yesterday, said the payment of the N5,000 stipend to the unemployed Nigerian youths will commence next year.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/payment-of-n5000-to-unemployed-youths-begins-next-year-fg/

And this is thier manifsto
http://www.allprogressivescongress.org/manifesto/
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by yaki84: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
The way laolu explained the parameters used in determining the poorest of the poor, the monies used in getting the data fit cost ten times what will be dispensed to the people!

Imagine 3groups sampling each coMmunity.........

Wahala dey ooooOooooo
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by MrSly(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Khd95:
may day!

Wailing wailer spotted,i repeat wailing wailer spotted
to them bubu can never achieve any good,but they shall be shamedgrin
Those who believed that bubu could do something good have been shame countless times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Okpe Denis Ijoko In Benue, Burn 50 Houses / Sanwo Olu Commissions Dr Aisha Buhari Mother And Child Hospital. PICS. / El-Rufai Dares NLC To Return To Kaduna For Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.