Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy (24514 Views)

The Identity Of Murdered CRUTECH Student In Calabar Revealed (graphic Photo) / Wife Of Murdered JUMIA Delivery Man: "Our Children Still Expecting Their Daddy’ / Soldiers Beat Redeemed Pastor Into Coma For Refusing To "Frog Jump" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by DONSMITH123(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2017
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The police have arrested a cleric, Pastor Timothy Adigun, of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Shere Koro, Bwari Area Council, Federal Capital Territory for allegedly assisting a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Olaoye, to bury a boy that died in their home.

The couple had reportedly fled with the body of Ayomide Samuel, who died at their residence in the Zone B area of the community on December 25 last year.

The primary four pupil was said to have given up the ghost after he was allegedly hit on the head with an object by the housewife on Christmas Day.

The police had embarked on a manhunt for the couple for fleeing with Samuel’s corpse after they were directed to report the incident at the Bwari Divisional Police Station.

A source who was familiar with the investigation told Northern City News on Friday that Adigun was arrested by the police for assisting the wanted couple to bury the deceased in an unmarked grave in Shere Koro at night.

It was gathered that the couple had earlier taken the corpse of the boy to a clinic, but the workers reportedly asked them to bring a police report before they would admit the body.

The source said, “The workers at the clinic refused to admit the body when they saw blood all over the vehicle. Mr. Olaoye then approached the Chief of Shere Koro community to purchase a piece of land for the burial of the boy, but the chief refused, so he contacted Pastor Adigun, one Kayode and two police officers who are members of the church to assist with the burial.”

But following rigorous investigation by the police, all the people that participated in the internment of the deceased were identified, leading to the arrest and detention of the cleric for allegedly leading the burial team.

The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Manzah Anjuguri, confirmed that investigators had arrested Adigun for involvement in the illegal burial of Samuel.

He added that efforts were ongoing to apprehend the Olaoyes, who, he said, were the prime suspects in the homicide case.

“We have a suspect in custody in respect of the case; he assisted the couple to bury the deceased. The police are on the trail of the prime suspects, we are working hard to get them,” Anjuguri said.

http://punchng.com/police-arrest-redeemed-pastor-involved-burial-murdered-boy/
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by stephnie1(f): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2017
Say NO to child abuse

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by pyyxxaro: 8:29am On Jan 09, 2017
I nor get power to ŕead this text book now

I never chop since december sad

MAKE I go show una New Daddy G.O

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2017
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:31am On Jan 09, 2017
see gobe

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by DONSMITH123(m): 8:57am On Jan 09, 2017
pyyxxaro:
I nor get power to ŕead this text book now

I never chop since december sad

MAKE I go show una New Daddy G.O

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
end time is near may God help us undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by jeeqaa7(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Adeboye.. Be like u go come back oh

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by shammah1(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nawa o for this country

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Ovakpo5: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by prince9851(m): 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Mskrisx(f): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Witches in his home town be like

"Iz awa work o, soft work."

Rip to that innocent child. Again, I say to fellow Nigerians that some people's crime in hell would be because they gave birth to kids they know they can't take of. Dem no dey use pikin get award ehhhh! If na one u fit train, born and train am well you self go get rest of mind. But no! Dem no go gree "We go must born how many we want- na God they train pikin."

E beta to born and train one Ng.Iweala than to born and train seven Aninis. Make una reason am ooo my contri people.
Mtcheeeeew angry e just waste that boy nau.

Quote me wrongly and see hell already. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by gabazin080(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
A
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by prince9851(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
stephnie1:
Say NO to child abuse
You!!!
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by virginboy1(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Most Religions in Nigeria are Ponzi Schemes.
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Cutezt(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Redeem, Hitting Nairaland Frontpage For The Good And Bad Reasons, Nice Church Tho.
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by abdulaz: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
pastor why na?
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by donfemo(m): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
I don't understand this story, 2 police officers were involved though members of the church. Are they saying this officers participated in the illegal burial? If so they should also be arrested and detained unless they are clean and cannot be charged with anything. The Pastor is also a suspect until he is proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by onnenka: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
All their pastors are Yoruba due to tribalism, therefore the pastor is Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
Fear jobless Housewives angry
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by yaksdavirus: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
So this is how the life of the poor boy was ended, the hospital could have admitted the boy since its an emergency situation and letter involve the police. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Cmoyor: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmmmm....
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nigerian Christians......

We have a problem

1.Child being mistreated by Christian parents....when the bible has many verses saying we should not mistreat children.

2.Pastor agreeing to cover up crime. You bury a child just like that to cover up what?

3.How do you explain to God your stewardship of the child.

Nigerian Christianity....we spend time shouting about external enemies.....but do nothing about the enemy within.

2 Chronicles 7:14- If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
No comments....
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Seun4FastLoans(f): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
It's serious
Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by psalmsjob: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
onnenka:

Now tribalism has been taken to the church.

What happens to all their members are Yoruba?

Like how many Yoruba pastors will you find in lord's chosen church?

But if it's Jesus you went there for you probably won't notice which tribe the Pastors are.

Ethnicity and tribalism is the bane of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by dyabman(m): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
onnenka:

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
onnenka:

I have seen non-yoruba pastors in Redeemed....so what is your point?

And why do you go to church? To count tribes?

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by lonelydora: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Why is RCCG always in the news?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Redeemed Pastor Involved In Burial Of Murdered Boy by Olateef(m): 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
I don't want to talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timothy Adegoke's Two Autopsy Reports Spark Controversy / Auchi Polytechnic Student, Isaac 'Fela' Missing In Edo. Photos / Two Bank Workers, Eight Others Die In Modakeke Osun State Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.