Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Canada Immigration Wahala - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Immigration Wahala (1097 Views)

Canada Immigration Express Entry / Crystal Services,canada Immigration Bariga Lagos / Canada Immigration Lawyer David Cohen Helps Nigerians Get Permanent Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Immigration Wahala by Herak: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
I applied for Canadian Immigration Visa last year and listed my wife and two children as dependents. Early this year my wife gave birth to a baby girl and later in the year we were asked to refill the forms by CIC, unfortunately, I did not list my last child as a dependent thinking wrongly that since she was not in the original application, she will only be added after the visa was granted. In October, we were asked to go for Medicals and going through the instructions I discovered my mistake and quickly sent a mail to CIC informing them of the new dependent, I was asked to bring her details which I did, now, I have received a mail from them asking me to explain why she was not included in the forms early this year, I intend telling them the truth about my mistake but will like people to tell me what their response is usually like in a situation like this.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by tanimz(f): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
I guess you should tell the truth, cos if they find out. You could get deported ( I know someone with a similar experience and thats what happened)
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by tunnytox(m): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
Well the mistake has been made, feel free to explain to them that you excluded your new born baby by mistake, the worst that could happen is for them to request a DNA. You are human and anyone could make a mistake.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by tanimz(f): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
tunnytox:

Well the mistake has been made, feel free to explain to them that you excluded your new born baby by mistake, the worst that could happen is for them to request a DNA. You are human and anyone could make a mistake.

Yep, tookk the words out of my mouth.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Herak: 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2009
Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated. I was afraid they might say I misrepresented.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by mamagee3(f): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
Canada is a difficult country. tongue
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Delta007(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
Herak:

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated. I was afraid they might say I misrepresented.
It depends on the IO handling your case. If he/she has any other evidence that proves otherwise, your application can be rejected based on deception/fraud and misrepresentation. On the other hand, he may be satisfied with your explanation and ask you to go ahead with the medicals for the kid (if he has not done one). Keep your fingers crossed.

Be rest assured that your waiting time has been somewhat elongated. Good luck!
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Herak: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2009
I was the one that brought it to their notice, anyway, I will tell them the truth, if the IO is not convinced, there is really nothing I can do about it but to accept the decision. Life Continues.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Herak: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
I was the one that told them i have a new dependent, they did not find out. I have also given them the birth certificate and paid for the processing fee. I will abide with whatever decision is reached by the IO, I do not have any choice anyway.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by omega25red(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
like everyone has said, tell the truth and if it's meant to be it will be.
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Kafin(m): 1:11am On Nov 24, 2009
Herak:

I was the one that brought it to their notice, anyway, I will tell them the truth, if the IO is not convinced, there is really nothing I can do about it but to accept the decision. Life Continues.

You have to tell them exactly what happed. (When you got the request to re-submit, you made an exact copy of the old application).
The interview normaly starts you on a clean slate, unless they find issues, and I dont think the explanation you gave qualifies as an issue.
Even if the IO is trying to make a big deal out of this, insist that it was a honest mistake. Dont ever accept the negative decision without a strong fight.

I dont see any reason why they will think negative but if they do, remind them that you had an earlier application that you copied and moreover you promptly informed them when you realised the error.

The real question however is why were you requested to re-fill the forms?
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Delta007(m): 4:48am On Nov 24, 2009
Kafin:

You have to tell them exactly what happed. (When you got the request to re-submit, you made an exact copy of the old application).
The interview normaly starts you on a clean slate, unless they find issues, and I dont think the explanation you gave qualifies as an issue.
Even if the IO is trying to make a big deal out of this, insist that it was a honest mistake. Dont ever accept the negative decision without a strong fight.

I dont see any reason why they will think negative but if they do, remind them that you had an earlier application that you copied and moreover you promptly informed them when you realised the error.

The real question however is why were you requested to re-fill the forms?

I do not think he'd have any issues either. He may have been asked to re-fill the forms so as to update his file, just my guess!
Re: Canada Immigration Wahala by Herak: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2009
I have finally responded to them, waiting for their response. I wish to extend my gratitude to all those who contributed to this thread. I will post their response here when I get it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help, Problem In Booking Flight Ticket! / Qatar Travel / Nigeria, 18 Other Countries Barred From US Visa Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.