Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Review Of The Air Compressor I Won - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Review Of The Air Compressor I Won (1565 Views)

A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car / 2016 Mercedes Benz S550: Review Of Dr. Bukola Saraki's Official Car / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by nurey(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thank you Autojosh, for keeping to your word, i followed his web page and gave a good comment, liked the facebook page as stated and i was awarded an AAA air compressor. In order not to be selfish, i decided to give an unbiased review of the product i got.

I am sorry if pix of actual usage isnt shown cheesy but two of the pix are real unit cool while the remaining two were to show full disclosure. thanks

The product is a 300psi (physics students understand this) 12V 10amp unit. the first thing i did was to read the manual, it specifically says power rating shouldnt be more than 12V for those of you that will like to do surgery on the cord and use it to blow malu(cow) for ileya(muslim festival), kolewerk grin also the source rating shouldnt be less than 10amp could be more. Also i found that the unit coudnt be used for more than 15minutes as stated cause it would overheat. it also needs 30minutes to calm down tongue from excessive overheating shocked

I was a bit skeptical this unit will work because the size is so portable compared to the vulcaniser shit, also is it strong enough to blow my tire, i was doubting it, but a trail will convince me. to be on the safe side, i decided to use my extra tyre which i have not touch nor inflate for upto a year now.

1. put the tyre on a flat surface, remove only the valve cover leave the pin inside
2. Drop the Air compressor on the floor (this thing vibrates so dont place on tire, holding it, or place on smooth ground, i think the best place would be placing it on sand) if placing on floor ensure to use your leg softly to pin it or look for stones to pin it.
3. The power cord is very long, a plus there but the air hose is a bit short but still convenient not comfortable.
4. place the air hose on the tire valve using the pin on the air hose pull the pin down to fasten the hose on the valve, this is extremely innovative as you dont even have to hold the hose in place, the pin those that cool
5. push the button from off to on, and the pumping begins grin
6. I dont understand the air reading as it didnt move like it should, it was below 20 and the tyre was already hard, it didnt still get to 20, so i tried to read one other tyre already guaged to 40 and i got a reading of 28 from the unit at cold, so my verdict on the guage is probably not working or the reading is for another region.

so my verdict 8 star out of 10, i removed one star for the improper guage reading, one star for the extreme vibration.

conclusion: the unit is well built, doesnt look like a chinese clone, i used it for 3minutes and it wasnt even hot, did a good job in inflating my tyre (195/60R15) and very portable, but i wont keep in my car, it can easily be stolen without you noticing early, buying a small digital tire guage device along with it is also a plus.

Caution: The device shouldn't be an alternative to sharp practice please if you notice a tyre going down regularly using this device to top up could be a disaster waiting to happen, remember always use the recommended manufacturer guage/pressure.

2 Likes

Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by Whizpeter(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nice... Really nice...

Don't know which I love most now.. Whether it's the unbiased review or the product itself...

Nice one Nurey
Nice one AutoJoshNG
Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by AutoJoshNG: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thanks for the insightful review.. I have been enjoying my air compressor for 4 years now.. and with it, I have been able to assist a number of stranded people on the road.
Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by b2212(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Thanks for the insightful review.. I have been enjoying my air compressor for 4 years now.. and with it, I have been able to assist a number of stranded people on the road.

autojoshng.

how much?
Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by AutoJoshNG: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
b2212:

autojoshng.

how much?

I have 1 left for N20k

1 Like

Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by Aliyah9: 6:42am On Mar 08, 2018
Thanks for the detailed guidance! What air hose would you advise to use in this case? Or everything will suit an air compressor? I am just choosing a best air hose reel and tend to Flexzilla L8250FZ, seems like it is the best model of nowadays because it is made of extremely durable materials, it's bracket can swivel up to 180 degrees and it has anodized aircraft aluminum fittings that will last.
Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by benmyers: 4:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Hello Nurey,
After reading this article, it seems that the company is brave enough to give a compressor for reviewing. I am amazed to see the star count and mentioning of why your reduced two stars; But, I am sorry, it looks like a one that is made in China ( my brother used that). However, I want to know one more thing; do any air hose suit this compressor? Please suggest me your next review. Thanks in advance.
Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by nurey(m): 8:36am On Jan 07, 2019
benmyers:
Hello Nurey,
After reading this article, it seems that the company is brave enough to give a compressor for reviewing. I am amazed to see the star count and mentioning of why your reduced two stars; But, I am sorry, it looks like a one that is made in China ( my brother used that). However, I want to know one more thing; do any air hose suit this compressor? Please suggest me your next review. Thanks in advance.

it comes with its hose already and mouth for different valve application (ball, bicycle, vehicle etc). Its was a good unit but my neighbour spoilt it. He used it for more than 15 minutes at a go, it works now but doesn't pump tire.
Re: Review Of The Air Compressor I Won by thebigkendo(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2019
Aliyah9:
Thanks for the detailed guidance! What air hose would you advise to use in this case? Or everything will suit an air compressor? I am just choosing a best air hose reel and tend to Flexzilla L8250FZ, seems like it is the best model of nowadays because it is made of extremely durable materials, it's bracket can swivel up to 180 degrees and it has anodized aircraft aluminum fittings that will last.

benmyers:
Hello Nurey,

Click bait.. If you know you know � �

(1) (Reply)

Contact Us Today For Genuine Car Parts. / This Toyota "Tj Cruiser" Could Be The Ugliest Toyota You've Ever Seen (photos) / See The Top Twelve Cars That Reigned And Are Still Reigning In Nigeria(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.