Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East (29009 Views)

Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway / Anambra Police Forces Transporters To Obey Covid-19 Safety Directives (Photos) / Lagos Government Seals Off Chisco, Ifex, GUO, Other Transporters' Office (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by nlugliest: 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
I find it difficult to believe the Igbo will be able to govern themselves if they triumph in their agitation for secession considering their ethnic background and their pre-colonial system of running societal affairs.

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
cstr44:

[b]My friend, i am tired. I don't know if you are just trying to play dumb.
That is not a failure of government. It is just a driver taking advantage of a naive passenger. The same passenger can sue if he wants to. I doubt if there is any legal basis for such in Nigeria
There is no government regulation in Nigerian transport prices in the first place.
Unlike in developed climes, where prices for distance travelled is controlled by the government, there is no such thing in Nigeria.
The passenger and the driver already knows that the prices he would pay for the mileage is regulated by a fair system. It is left for the passenger to ensure that he/she does not use beyond the necessary mileage.
In nigeria on the other hand, there is no appropriate price for mileage , which is supposed to a function of government regulation. Anybody can fix anything, which is no real fault of theirs anyway. It is a national failure more-or less.
Bring american taxi drivers here and exposed them to unregulated capitalism, they would do the same thing.
There is a reason why the greatest fraudsters in the world like maddof and co are not igbo men or African for that matter.[/b]

Hmm. So you blame the government of Nigeria for the greed of the Ibo man. Instead of you people to tell each other the truth and stop exploiting your customers.

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by samijay8(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
These people said they make Lagos lively and was nothing wen they left whereas Yoruba people left for their hometown so I think they're not coming back. they won't try sha else na poverty go end most generations
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by psalmsjob: 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
pasol4real:

Where have u bin all dis while
Am sure Togo or sudan.
Cos all through gej's regime we celebrated the yuletide with fuel n Light ,until bubu came n it all stopped .
2015 yuletide ,no Light no fuel.

If you had been in Aso rock during GEJ time you can say that but quite frankly I wish I was in Togo or Sudan throughout his time in office I probably won't experience the sufferings I experienced when the clueless man increase the price of fuel from 65 to 150 on new year's day because he wanted to start sure-p.

And if you are not in Aso rock during his time or other PDP times you must be breastfeeding at those times then.
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by brightalo17: 12:43am On Jan 11, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Useless thread. See them cavorting all over the thread like kids.

Its simply demand and supply. The same thing happens to air transportation. Did you check the cost of flights? They increased by over a hundred percent during this period. How come nobody complained?
Using this an excuse to agitate for the continued existed of your useless country called Nigeria is nothing but stupidity and ignorance.
Igbos don't hate themselves. Nigerians as a whole hate themselves. That's why there's mass poverty and destruction all over the place.
Now get a life
. my friend say common truth that God gave you for free so that your days will be long. we IBO's hates each other more than any other tribes in Nigeria.....in other man's country where I based come see how your fellow IBO brother will sabotage you for few cash and favor.I don't want to say much because It's a painful truth that we hates each other.

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by Sweetguy25: 1:42am On Jan 11, 2017
brightalo17:
. my friend say common truth that God gave you for free so that your days will be long. we IBO's hates each other more than any other tribes in Nigeria.....in other man's country where I based come see how your fellow IBO brother will sabotage you for few cash and favor.I don't want to say much because It's a painful truth that we hates each other.

You are very mad to say such nonsense. Hausa people that love themselves so much, where has it taken them? With all the love Hausa and other tribes claim to have for themselves, are they better off than Igbos?

Igbo people like you make me angry. You people are just myopic, ignorant, hypocritical and stupid. Why don't you go and become an Hausa man and love your Hausa man. Onye orianya.

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by Yorobastard(m): 2:22am On Jan 11, 2017
Sweetguy25:

You are very mad to say such nonsense. Hausa people that love themselves so much, where has it taken them? With all the love Hausa and other tribes claim to have for themselves, are they better off than Igbos?

Igbo people like you make me angry. You people are just myopic, ignorant, hypocritical and stupid. Why don't you go and become an Hausa man and love your Hausa man. Onye orianya.

Don't quote him again...He is not Igbo
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by kzubyar(m): 3:35am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by miredia(m): 4:15am On Jan 11, 2017
nonsobaba:
As an Igbo, i won't support this biafra thing until i see a real change in attitude amongst our people. Forget social media, the level of distrust amongst igbos in real life is very high.
You have spoken intelligently sir.

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by estie92: 7:53am On Jan 11, 2017
hmmmmmm. I don't believe this poster. from nnewi to Lagos is 4,500 even till today.
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by smiling(m): 8:11am On Jan 11, 2017
The truth is that even the igbos are not complaining... na we the Yorubas dey complain for them. when I was serving in Enugu state.. one of our Corp member(igbo) was very sick, she can hardly stand. I(Yoruba) was asked to take her home(Owerri).. when we got to park.. the keke man(igbo) said tfare to hospital is #350 last, we beg her to take #300. he refused, saying he is the only one that know the place... one man(hausa) overheard our conversation, unknown to us, he is a keke rider as well. He challenged the igbo man, saying, you can't help your dying sister because of #50... what a shame! he took us to the place and collected the #300, even with so much care.. i told her, na Yoruba and hausa saved your life today oo.. even when your own Biafran left you to die.. to those it may concern, pls change. i love igbo girls.

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by brightalo17: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Sweetguy25:

Ibo's hate ourselves ....if you like vex enter river naija of course truth hurts as you just demonstrated by name calling.if you like call me name 1 billionaire times it will never stop me from adding this hurting and painful truth about how we IBOS hate ourselves with pure passion.
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by cstr44: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=ziddy post=52702404]
So when MTN rips you off it is the igbo man i should blame, or MTN, and not the government that failed to regulate things properly?
So the likes of bernie madoff(the greatest scammer in history), otedollar( the yoruba billoinaire criminal) are igbo men?
Go and get some brain cells.
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=cstr44 post=52723353][/quote]

Wow. your mental process is so haphazard I won't bother trying to argue with you. . . .
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by laudate: 12:46am On Jan 12, 2017
dragonking3:
How can you be referring to NL posts when the main center of attention is the facebook post. Ngozi, it is you that is filled with hypocrisy.. Your people are complaining and accusing their fellow brethrens who are ready to sell them to make money and you are here to look for people that will comment on NL while avoiding the main issue on ground. How dumb and cowardly. That's the exact same thing you and that other guy did on one other thread. This is very shameful what you did. SMH

You should know their modus operandi by now. undecided Any negative thing that happens to them or their kin, even when they are the direct cause or their brethren... must always be blamed on an external 3rd party. sad

They will always leave the root cause of a problem, and chase its symptoms, or vilify those who have called their attention to the problem, instead of taking steps to address it, themselves. Some people have attributed this syndrome to selective amnesia. It afflicts most IPOBians. sad

Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by Shainamotors(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Permit me to say sumtin,airfare increased from 35k to 65 k,is it d easterners DAT owns airlines? During salah prices of rams doubles,same as chicken during festive seasons, is it d easterners DAT r responsible? From when I was a child till date,during festive periods, prices of goods and services triples,its not an Igbo tin,but DAT of demand and supply,d poultry farmer increases prices,same as d tailor, painters car dealers rentals etc,and it is not particular to only Nigeria. D transporters r businessmen,just like every other business people all trying to make a killing during d period,that is y sum companies giv bonuses to cover ,d poor suffers agreed,but pls r transporters d only business people that increase prices during festive periods?
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by laudate: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
Shainamotors:
Permit me to say sumtin,airfare increased from 35k to 65 k,is it d easterners DAT owns airlines? During salah prices of rams doubles,same as chicken during festive seasons, is it d easterners DAT r responsible? From when I was a child till date,during festive periods, prices of goods and services triples,its not an Igbo tin,but DAT of demand and supply,d poultry farmer increases prices,same as d tailor, painters car dealers rentals etc,and it is not particular to only Nigeria. D transporters r businessmen,just like every other business people all trying to make a killing during d period,that is y sum companies giv bonuses to cover ,d poor suffers agreed,but pls r transporters d only business people that increase prices during festive periods?

Did you read the entire thread from beginning to the end, before you rushed in head first with this headless comment? shocked Transport fares by road (not air, o!) in other parts of Nigeria, only increased by a minimal sum. In some cases, there was no increase.

But transport fares in Ala Igbo increased by 100% to 500% during the Christmas and New Year holidays. sad What is that called? Exploitation! angry And the commercial bus operators were Igbo, not Lebanese! That is the reason why commuters are angry! sad
Re: Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East by nellaluv(f): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
estie92:
hmmmmmm. I don't believe this poster. from nnewi to Lagos is 4,500 even till today.

Not true. On this same day 11th january at Nnewi, i boarded orizu motors,bus N8,000, their sienna was N7,000, GUO was 8,500 Okeyson was 7,000 but their bus was not looking good sha tongue

Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria / Trailer Accident In Apapa Lagos State This Morning! (Photos) / Motor Accident Kills 3 In Abuja (Photos)