Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,880 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman (30348 Views)

Buhari Appoints 3 Dead Men As Board Members: Francis Okpozo, Christopher Utov / Adedotun Tejuoso, Funmilayo Tejuoso's Son Furious At Governor Ambode / Adedotun Niyi Adebayo And Morenikeji's Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by hardbody: 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
2n2k:

The Governance Code is not a law but just a regulation issued by the FRC in October 2016. There is nothing involving the legislature there.

Those who says the 'law' had been in existence since Jonathan time are just being mischievous. The law that was passed in 2011 by the legislature is the establishment of the FRC itself. One of the functions of the FRC as provided in that law is to regulate the corporate governance in Nigeria. It is in execution of that function that FRC now administratively issued the governance code in 2016.

Dead on point, you are smart. I couldn't have better expressed it. Just that unlike other codes, this code was meant to be sanctionable. Codes are to be complied with or explain why non compliance but not legally sanctionable for non compliance. This Code took a totally different hue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by barcaboi(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
axeman10:
Goes to show how powerful these churches are.
nawa o....dem work...una go talk...dem no work.....wetin happen
Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by middlebelter(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
deleyi20:
Mr. Adedotun is one of the Proteges of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu... I know The Jagaban still has a lot of influence in this government. smiley smiley

Kai, Nigerians!. Please just read the profile of man once again and you will agree that he's a thorough breed professional.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by midol: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
buygala:

No one is talking. About Biafra Oga.... it's not like if Awo had taken sides with Biafra to achieve their goal of disintegrating nigeria, they would have been forced to join Biafra.... Yorubaland would have been a clean separate entity of its own and virtually free of all the Northern Vices which have become the hallmark of the present "One Nigeria" angry

We yoruba muslims hereby call you an 'ipod' for hammering us with this bitter truth. Even though we know are a yoruba who have been fighting ipod. We just can't take truth.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by mickool(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
I think this action is purely taken by the VP,Osibanjo as way to fight for his GO sudden resignation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by seguntijan(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2017
Change or continuity? If Ya'adua fired Ribadu for doing the right things GEJ fired Sanusi for doing the right thing House of Representatives fired Jubrin for doing the right things And PMB followed suit and fired someone who enforced a law of a country Then my friends I'm heartbroken but my patriotism is intact sill
Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by axeman10(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2017
dfrost:

Kindly explain how his appointment reflects influence of the churches.

Not only in Nigerian context. Religious organisations worldwide are powerful. You'll agree with me the amount of influence the Catholic have, not only in Rome, but in most nations of the world.

Redeem don't have to make noise, but who are the policy makers...? They are you and I, who have religious affiliations, who intend to raise their children in a religious setting. They listen to yearnings of people and can mount pressure to reverse unpopular policies no matter how laudable it is.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by dfrost: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2017
axeman10:

Not only in Nigerian context. Religious organisations worldwide are powerful. You'll agree with me the amount of influence the Catholic have, not only in Rome, but in most nations of the world.

Redeem don't have to make noise, but who are the policy makers...? They are you and I, who have religious affiliations, who intend to raise their children in a religious setting. They listen to yearnings of people and can mount pressure to reverse unpopular policies no matter how laudable it is.

The man in question does not have an affiliation to any religious group.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman by Phobia1: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
Igbos:
Marginalization. angry angry
OLOFO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bombs Rain On Maiduguri As Boko Haram Fighters Attempt To Overrun The City / Reno Omokri At The Age Of 6 (Throwback Photo) / Delta Youths Burn Down Houses Of Opposition After Death Of Chairman. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.