Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws (506 Views)

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by truthmans2012: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
The Christian Leaders should not succumb to laws orchestrated by forces of darkness through the government. Bible history makes us to know that governments of nations were always used in attempts to truncate God's will. If God's servants before us were succumbing to their laws, their would be no worship of God today.

Although the Bible enjoins us to submit to government authority but not when their intention is to stop the work of God. The new law limiting Church leaders to 20 years in service is anti-God. It is God who calls people to His service and replaces them at His own time, mostly at death. When did Nigerian government become God who replaces his servants?

I'm so sure that any law that opposes islam in Nigeria cannot stay. Many attempts have been made by the National Assembly to eradicate child marriage, which were thrown off.

Therefore, Christians should not rush into obeying government laws from the pit of hell to truncate the Gospel.
Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by felixomor: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
Very well said, bro

1 Like

Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by jumpandpas(m): 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
My take is that any politician that have been in active politics for 20 years should resign from politics.

1 Like

Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by Tocheagle(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
I support. This govt knows what it is up to

1 Like

Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by truthmans2012: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
jumpandpas:
My take is that any politician that have been in active politics for 20 years should resign from politics.

Buhari has been in government for how many years now. With his age what is he still doing in government?

1 Like

Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by Heavance(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
jumpandpas:
Like say you know my mind o.
Or if they are 70yrs and above, they should hand over to someone else who isn't a family member, shikena

1 Like

Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by Biodun37: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=Tocheagle post=52671749]I support. This govt knows what it is up to[/quote

This same law that was put together by a govt led & dominated by xtians? Anyway, it's selective implementation ( only on business organisations esp banks) then now make it strange, OK.
Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by truthmans2012: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: Church Leaders Should Not Obey Government Laws That Contravene God's Laws by truthmans2012: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Why is Pastor Adeboye in a hurry to comply with that regulation? Why are meetings not held first at CAN and PFN levels to deliberate on the matter? Does Adeboye want all Church leaders to follow suit? Doesn't he know the implications? Something is wrong somewhere.

When God called a man for his work, he has a reason. How can a carnal organization now wants to compel him to handover to someone who is not the choice of God? It is satanic attempt to kill the Church. I wonder what Adeboye is thinking, because I know him very well, as a very intelligent man. I was a senior pastor in RCCG for many years before now, so I know him well.

Although many Church leaders see Pastor Adeboye as a model, but this time.around it is not going to be so.

(1) (Reply)

THE WORD: 10 Ways To Underatanding The Voice Of God / Highly Religious People Are Less Motivated By Compassion Than Are Non-believers / 7 Destructive Effects Of Evil Associations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.