Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Reflecting The Fatherhood Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reflecting The Fatherhood Of God (419 Views)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? / 10 Ideas: Reflecting The Fruit Of The Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reflecting The Fatherhood Of God by Thentrance1: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
"To understand fatherhood you need to understand the fatherhood of God" 

The word Father means Source, Originator, Producer, Generator, Sustainer. All of these should be what fathers should reflect or show to their children. We need to learn fatherhood from God our heavenly Father. He originated fatherhood and we need to learn Fatherhood from Him. We may not become good fathers unless we see from how He Father us as His people. Lets see how to reflect the fatherhood of God 

1. THE FATHER GIVES LIFE

"Fathers ought to give life to their children like God gives life to us by nurturing their children with the life of God"

We understand by the word of God that God gives life to Jesus to have life in Himself just like the Father has life in Himself. 

John  5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

This tells that first the Father has life in Himself before He could give life to the Son to have life in Himself also. It means  we can't offer the life of God that we don't have to our children. We need to tap life and stay with the source of life so that we can give life to our children. Homes do not bear life because the father in the home has no life of God in him. We need to stay in fellowship with the Lord so that we can access the life of God and then give life to our children. 

2. The Father loves 

"When fathers love their children it is one of the greatest security that the children have"

Fathers need to know how God the Father loves His church and how the love measure for His Son Jesus Christ and we His children is so the same and they expect us to continue in that same love measure. 

John  15:9  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

We see that the Father loves truly and we need to love our children so dearly that we care so much about them. For us to understand the love that the Father has for us, John said what manner of love the Father bestowed or lavished upon us to be called sons of God just like Jesus is called the Son of God. 

1 John  3:1  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

We see that fathers need to lavish love on their children for this will build confidence of Sonship in them like it did to us His church 

3. He secures or watches over us

"Fathers love their children jealously by also watching over them in prayers"

There is a way that when the father of a child shows up or when the Father of a child follow his child to a place where the child was being beaten for example, that brings out confidence in that child to fight because of the father. Fathers activate confidence in their children with their presence especially when they are with them. God does the same, His eyes are always on us

1 Peter  3:12 FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE OVER THE RIGHTEOUS, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Isaiah  41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Our eyes need to watch over our children as God does to us, we do this by watching over them in prayers. 

4.He instructs, teach and guide us

"Children will always need direction and fathers are needed to show the path to go for their children"

We need fathers that can instruct, teach and guide the children and truthfully this is inherent in all males, that ability to teach the family. There is a way that what fathers teach their children stays in the heart of the children more than what anyone can ever teach them. It's so nice to hear your children say "it's dad that instructed me on this path, or it's dad that taught me that" we see the Lord by mercy teaching us also and instructing us His people 

Psalms  32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Fathers need to do this to their children, to instruct, to teach and to guide them. 

5. God knows our needs

"We can learn to discern the need of our children by providing them ahead before they request for it"

Jesus was speaking about the things that the gentiles seek after and then He said "your heavenly Father knows that you have need of these things" 

Matthew  6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER KNOWETH THAT YE HAVE NEED of all these things.

What's more sweet than us as fathers providing for the needs of our children before they ever asked of it. 

Matthew  6:8  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

"Everything we need He supplies, You've got this figured out. -Travis Greene"

The providing part of fatherhood is very important and we need to pay attention to their needs and also meet them. We need to care for them and also watch over them in prayers. We sustain our children and reflect the fatherhood of God by loving them, instructing them, watching over them. We will only become award winning fathers before God by reflecting the fatherhood of God to our children. 

Source: http://www.thentrance.com/reflecting-the-fatherhood-of-god/

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If I Intentionally Kill In The Process Of Self Defense? / Girl Disowns Church Over Suit Against Her Conversion To Islam In Katsina / How Can I Take Control Of My Thoughts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.