Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back (1931 Views)

Honda Accord 2006 For Grabs@730k(negotiable) / The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming / Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2017
The car is Honda accord 2006, Whenever am driving at speeds below 30mph I feel the car kind off wobbling from the back, but once i speed up, I don't feel it any more, I just changed my tires and I did alignment about 2 weeks ago, please what could be the cause
gazzuzz
honmusa
luvinhubby
nurey
mayor2013
kingreign

MODIFIED
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dbkk:
Whenever am driving at speeds below 30mph I feel the car kind off wobbling from the back, but once i speed up, I don't feel it any more, I just changed my tires and I did alignment about 2 weeks ago, please what could be the cause
gazzuzz
honmusa
luvinhubby
nurey
mayor2013
kingreign

It is essential you state the type of vehicle you use, with full description (4wheel drive, front wheel etc) als the type of tyres you bought (brand new, toks, nigerian used wink ) that way I know what to rule out in a query this vague.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

It is essential you state the type of vehicle you use, with full description (4wheel drive, front wheel etc) als the type of tyres you bought (brand new, toks, nigerian used wink ) that way I know what to rule out in a query this vague.

Oga GAZZUZZ It's tokunbo tyres and the car is Honda accord 2006, front wheel drive....
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Lexusgs430: 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dbkk:
Whenever am driving at speeds below 30mph I feel the car kind off wobbling from the back, but once i speed up, I don't feel it any more, I just changed my tires and I did alignment about 2 weeks ago, please what could be the cause
gazzuzz
honmusa
luvinhubby
nurey
mayor2013
kingreign

Checked your springs for any break?
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Checked your springs for any break?

Shocks?
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Lexusgs430: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dbkk:

Shocks?

Semantics. All nah 'S'

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Semantics. All nah 'S'

Alright Bro.. Will check that, overlooked it because I felt it should make noise if broken
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Lexusgs430: 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dbkk:

Alright Bro.. Will check that, overlooked it because I felt it should make noise if broken

Imagine how wobbley the back would be, with a broken spring. The rear would simply sway and wobble....
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dbkk:

Oga GAZZUZZ It's tokunbo tyres and the car is Honda accord 2006, front wheel drive....

check for twisted tyre in rear wheels.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

check for twisted tyre in rear wheels.

Thanks but how do I identify a twisted tyre? And any remedy?
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
Dbkk:

Thanks but how do I identify a twisted tyre? And any remedy?

put car on a stand, release parking brakes, turn by hand really fast and watch wheel. Or take tyres for wheel balance "again"
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
If it's wobbling that you can feel then I bet that it's a bad tire.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by kumari089(m): 4:42am On Jan 11, 2017
Will advice you check the four hubs. This will require you remove the four tires but i suspect that's where the problem lies
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 9:38am On Jan 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

put car on a stand, release parking brakes, turn by hand really fast and watch wheel. Or take tyres for wheel balance "again"

Thank you sir will do that
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thanks will check the tire
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 9:44am On Jan 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Did not do wheel balancing before, could that be the cause?
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by erico2k2(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2017
Dbkk:
The car is Honda accord 2006, Whenever am driving at speeds below 30mph I feel the car kind off wobbling from the back, but once i speed up, I don't feel it any more, I just changed my tires and I did alignment about 2 weeks ago, please what could be the cause
gazzuzz
honmusa
luvinhubby
nurey
mayor2013
kingreign

MODIFIED
Ok I have had same expirience with one of my BMW back in the days, mine was bellow 60mph, it was as a result of waht is called death wobble.U can search on youtube and see how it relates to your car, could be Hub or bearing.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 11:13am On Jan 11, 2017
erico2k2:

Ok I have had same expirience with one of my BMW back in the days, mine was bellow 60mph, it was as a result of waht is called death wobble.U can search on youtube and see how it relates to your car, could be Hub or bearing.

Hahaha Bros, after researching on the death wobble.. I don't think mine is that serious.. Any way thanks for your input... Learnt something new
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
Dbkk:

Did not do wheel balancing before, could that be the cause?

No sir
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by erico2k2(m): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dbkk:

Hahaha Bros, after researching on the death wobble.. I don't think mine is that serious.. Any way thanks for your input... Learnt something new
Trust me U got death wobble that's how it starts . The fact that your vibration stops b4 and after a certain speed each time means something is lose amongst your suspension . It took me nearly 9 months to fix this.it could be as simple as replacing a bushing.it would get worse if you fail to.fix it.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Dbkk: 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
erico2k2:

Trust me U got death wobble that's how it starts . The fact that your vibration stops b4 and after a certain speed each time means something is lose amongst your suspension . It took me nearly 9 months to fix this.it could be as simple as replacing a bushing.it would get worse if you fail to.fix it.

EgunMogaji:

GAZZUZZ:

Lexusgs430:

Semantics. All nah 'S'

Thanks everyone.. One of my rear tyres was twisted or "wonble" as the vulcaniser called it.. I replaced it temporarily with one of the old tyres I changed..
But please what is the cause twisted tyre, is any defect on the car a factor? Or just defective tyre
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dbkk:

Thanks everyone.. One of my rear tyres was twisted or "wonble" as the vulcaniser called it.. I replaced it temporarily with one of the old tyres I changed..
But please what is the cause twisted tyre, is any defect on the car a factor? Or just defective tyre

In my opinion it's less of manufacturing defect and most likely a result of hitting a pothole.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dbkk:

too much air pressure. Do not exceed 32psi in your tyres.

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Drive Home Piaggio (ape) Tricycle Van Available For Sale / Experian's Autocheck Vehicle History Report - N2,000 / www.autosandcartalk.com ; An Automotive/Vehicle/Car Forum That Pays Its Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.