Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? (1855 Views)

Mario Balotelli Faces FA Investigation Over 'Racist' Instagram Post / Pep Guardiola Is A Racist / Man Utd And Liverpool: Which Is A Racist Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? by harmeenut: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2009
ZAKI RULES OUT POMPEY SWITCH
Former Wigan striker Amr Zaki has sparked controversy after ruling out a move to Portsmouth on race grounds.
Zaki was believed to be a target for Portsmouth when the transfer window reopens with club shareholder Sulaiman Al-Fahim expressing an interest in bringing the Egyptian to Fratton Park.
However, Zaki has revealed he has no interest in moving to Portsmouth as he is unwilling to link up with Israeli duo Avram Grant and Tal Ben Haim as well as Algerian Nadir Belhadj.
There is bad blood between Egyptians and Algerians following last week's controversial World Cup play-off between the two countries, while some Arab Muslims do not see eye-to-eye with Israelis.
Speaking on his personal website, Zaki claims a switch from Zamalek to Pompey is no longer an option because of the fact Grant, Ben Haim and Belhadj are all at the club
"I refused their offer before, but now joining Portsmouth is no longer an option for me," Zaki said.
"After Portsmouth signed an Israeli player and also hired an Israeli football director (Avram Grant), a possible move was ruled out.
"On top of that, no way could I play at Portsmouth with an Algerian within their ranks."
culled from: [url]http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5713379,00.html[/url]

Algeria deserved to go to the world cup because they did their homework from the beginning unlike the Egyptians who started late. Egypt was lucky to beat Algeria at home with a last minute goal despite all the pre-match incidents. The Algerians won on a neutral ground. So what's the problem with Egyptians for God sake?
Re: Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? by mukina2: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2009
If he said that, then he is stupiiiid.
Re: Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? by FBS: 11:24am On Nov 24, 2009
In this age and time? If he actually said that, then he is verrrrryyyyyyyyyy stupiiiiiiiiddddd!
Re: Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? by harmeenut: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2009
I have also read it on some other websites. The guy is absolutely STUPID to have said that. Why are these Arabs nations bad losers? In actual fact they were lucky to beat Algerians at Cairo; may be I should say the Algerians were lucky because they wouldn't have come out of that stadium alive if the game had not been forced into playoff. Come to think of it, Sudan was Egypt choice for the playoff, I think Algeria chose Tunisia while Egypt chose Sudan which made FIFA to kind throw the coin. If he can say this, then only God knows what would have happen if Algeria had defeated them at Cairo or if they were cheated out in Henry's style cheesy in France Vs Ireland
Re: Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? by vikiviko(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
He is Pharaoic
Re: Amir Zaki - Racist Comment - Should He Be Punished? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
Yeye Guy! Shame on him.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Seal Deal For Brazilian Super Starlet Lucas Piazon / World Best 11 For The Season 2011/2012 From Goal.com / Chelsea(3) Vs Fulham(1) On Saturday 2nd May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.