Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan (13683 Views)

Food Concepts Plc (Chicken Republic) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment / KPMG Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / First Bank Of Nigeria Limited Latest Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by yungdavo: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello peeps job interview scammers are many out there and they are using motivational talks method.
I experienced mine at Apex Solution limited Iwo road, emiloju house monaatan Ibadan. I received a message to come for the interview, I got to the interview all the way from kwara. We were asked to answer some interview questions, after that we were led to a small room containing chairs. We all sat down then we began to listen to motivational talk that was delivered by a lady named fisayo just like the way GNLD people does and this took us for like 2hrs in fact my butts were already paining me and i was also feeling very hungry but we couldnt talk because we dont want to be screened out. Then they played us pastor oyedepo video which is a motivational talks also, after that we were told that those that are selected will receive a message and will come on Monday to meet with the CEO. I receive the message and I went there at the mentioned date. When I got there our message was checked and we were directed to same room. Guess what! Another video was played again by Mensa Toboli ( power of vision) , we watched it and this took us 1hr. Later after, the CEO was welcomed into our midst with standing ovation hoping that he will just come and give us a brief details about the company and tell us when to resume but what did he do? He started talking about those videos we watched and also told us his life story with more motivational talks which took us like 3hours.
Moreover he told us what the company is all about and he told us the positions available which are "representatives" and "experts".
Representatives will be paid #20000 monthly and expert will be paid #60000 after 3month of duties, they told us that the work is a consultant work which deals with health under an international bodies. ( CDC, ADA, WHO, Bla bla bla). Then he emphasized mainly on the experts
1) He said when an expert work for a year plus, he or she will be invited for 4days training sponsored by the foreign people in Lagos at lekki in which he/she will be entitled to a token after the training, he will be properly taken care of, by then he will be collecting close to #200000 and he will have the privilege to start his own company which would be registered under CAC. For example the apex solution is under CAC but I searched for the name under CAC nothing is found.
2) He said if he has spend close to 3yrs he will be invited to UK for 5days international training and by then he will be collecting close to #600000.
But what freaked me out Is what I'm about to tell you now:
The so called CEO said anything pertaining to health is related to a hospital work I.e someone that studied anything related to medicine and such person must have the certificate before working as a doctor or nurse.
For example I studied geology, he said we will undergo a 3weeks training and we will pay #15000 each for the acquisition of the certificate or licence in which they said it is a permanent licence, not a monthly renewal licence. Then he said if you know that you won't be able to go for the experts job signify and guess what only 2 people signify and they were asked to go and meet the receptionist immediately. I'm sure that's his joy assuming we all signify and just one person did not, he will not be happy because he said one that doesn't have a vision will go for the representative work.
But to be frank with you reader, someone that comes for an interview seeking for job, not knowing what brought such person to that place and not knowing his/her financial status was asked by those company to pay the licence money immediately, at that same moment. They even asked us the mode of payment either by check or bank transfer, I was sensitive enough to reason it well then I left but the rest really wanted to pay the money but as for me, they are scammers.
How will you pay money to get work, you can be asked to pay but the money won't be collected directly from you but it will be deducted from your first salary and you would be told before then.
SCAMMERS MOUTH DEY SWEET O
DONT BE DECEIVED BY THEIR MOTIVATIONAL TALKS NOR STORIES.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THEY ARE MIGRATING FROM ONE STATE TO ANOTHER

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Femolacaster(m): 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for this enlightenment, I fell for this crap in Crystallite Care Venture, New Gbagi, Ibadan, in 2014. I passed through all the stages highlighted above. It was really a sorry experience.

3 Likes

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Apos2kay(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
Smiles, I am also a victim of that apex ltd, I was selected as an expert, which I paid #15,000, it was very painful that with the little I had on me because I stay at oluyole, and from my side to that side, I spend nothing less than #1,000 per day for fueling my car, now think of it,I went there for like 6times, what actually pissed me off was for the fact that I will have to pay #56,000 to purchase some drugs, I said I was looking for job, u are telling me to purchase drugs, how is that sensible? What I just think we should do is to tell people about this so call organization because many of them exist.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by saxwizard(m): 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Chai for this ib too ooo boy I fear oooo
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by amicable09(f): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
Experience is a teacher indeed! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks for the enlightenment OP. To those who have fallen victim of this unfortunate extortion, sorry.
Job seekers, be properly guided.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by agrovick(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
amicable09:

Experience is a teacher indeed! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks for the enlightenment OP.
To those who have fallen victim of this unfortunate extortion, sorry.

Job seekers, be properly guided.

Nl woman crush of the week. Always chipping in a word of cheer. Your sense of humor plus optimism is 100/100

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by DrObum(m): 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Just like Burch Consults in Abuja here.
Got their text and decided to check it out.
You need to see the so-called MD/CEO. One uncouth lady who lacks professional speaking habits and was raining insults on everyone gathered there.

I almost burst out in laughter from her utterances and when I couldn't hold it again. I carried my self home.

Like GNLD, like Burch Consults!
Don't just waste your t-fare to that place except you are really interested in those their marketing and representative shit.

1 Like

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Apos2kay(m): 12:11am On Jan 11, 2017
They are GNLD, just that they market there products in an advanced way

3 Likes

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Yewandequeen(f): 12:20am On Jan 11, 2017
I was almost a victim of these ill-fated set of people. I got the interview invite from P &C consult at the building Sijuwola building adjacent Jaiz bank dugbe in Ibadan. I got there that morning 3rd floor where they are situated. I stated having a funny feeling when i saw spoilt roof tops alongside woods and blocks at the so called lobby. In my mind i was like hehe this better be a joke to make matter worse I met with one of them who looked like he could use some feeding allowance.

He told me to read what's pasted on the wall, It read no talking to other applicants or sharing of phone etc so funny a day. I just excused myself and left.

3 Likes

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by yungdavo: 12:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Any interview in which they ask you to pay money, such people are scams beware
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Apos2kay(m): 12:45am On Jan 11, 2017
Yewande long time, how is work?
Yewandequeen:
I was almost a victim of these ill-fated set of people. I got the interview invite from P &C consult at the building Sijuwola building adjacent Jaiz bank dugbe in Ibadan. I got there that morning 3rd floor where they are situated. I stated having a funny feeling when i saw spoilt roof tops alongside woods and blocks at the so called lobby. In my mind i was like hehe this better be a joke to make matter worse I met with one of them who looked like he could use some feeding allowance.

He told me to read what's pasted on the wall, It read no talking to other applicants or sharing of phone etc so funny a day. I just excused myself and left.
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by amicable09(f): 6:53am On Jan 11, 2017
agrovick:

Nl woman crush of the week. Always chipping in a word of cheer. Your sense of humor plus optimism is 100/100
I should just smile right?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I crush back!
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by MyGeneration(m): 7:39am On Jan 11, 2017
I experienced same in Ph.
They would tell you to bring the money immediately so that you wont have time to rethink ur action.
The moment i was told that i paid a small token of 1k then told them i was going to take it.
While on my way i kept thinking nd thinking about it and i declared it a scam and i backed out.
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by osolee(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2017
GNLD everywhere grin grin
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Opistorincos(m): 10:36am On Jan 11, 2017
The hustle is real
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by deolu2000(m): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2017
The truth of the matter is that these GNLD ppl are everywhere and their modus operandi are the same,when you get an invite for an interview/accessment which you didn't apply for and they usually quote a Ref No: just know they are the one. Sorry to all the victims, others should be more careful, never part with your money all in the name of a licence to a get a job.

3 Likes

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Kobidave1(m): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2017
I also go one opposite police headquarters eleyele. I was furious dat day. Going there prayed in the morning dat I'll get a job but reaching there it was something funny.
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by agrovick(m): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
amicable09:

I should just smile right?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I crush back!

Thanks

A smile will definitely suffice, I bet you've got the type that can lit a dark alley.

Hahaha at the bold.

Trust you are having a swell day
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by MyGeneration(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Please let the mods take this to front page.
Let the whole world know
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by macanthony25(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
Same happened to me in Owerri, can't remember their funny name again, we were asked to pay 12500. I told them I'm coming... And went home.

1 Like

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by amicable09(f): 3:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
agrovick:

A smile will definitely suffice, I bet you've got the type that can lit a dark alley.

Hahaha at the bold.

Trust you are having a swell day
Yes, I am. Swell day it is.

My smile, cheesy, better seen than described grin
Enjoy your day too.

I have a feeling your name is Victor.
I'm right about that, yea?
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by agrovick(m): 5:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
amicable09:

Yes, I am. Swell day it is.

My smile, cheesy, better seen than described grin
Enjoy your day too.

I have a feeling your name is Victor.
I'm right about that, yea?

Aha! Be careful what you wish for tongue

Sherlock Holmes, someone can not stay anonymous again abi, 2 grin emoticons means your 'feeling' is off the mark grin grin grin

Is your moniker a clue to your name?
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by amicable09(f): 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
agrovick:

Aha! Be careful what you wish for tongue

Sherlock Holmes, someone can not stay anonymous again abi, 2 grin emoticons means your 'feeling' is off the mark grin grin grin

Is your moniker a clue to your name?
Hahahaha.
Oh, I see! cheesy
I'll try again later, I usually get it right after one, at most two guesses cheesy

Nah, my moniker is no clue to my name.
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by perrol(m): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Please don't pay anybody money, no matter the genuineness of that job, once is it your time you will surely get a good job. As you are waiting for job, be busy serving God.

3 Likes

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by agrovick(m): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
amicable09:
Hahahaha. Oh, I see! cheesy I'll try again later, I usually get it right after one, at most two guesses cheesy

Nah, my moniker is no clue to my name.
Hehehehehe
Revisit my penultimate post, you missed something wink
Now I'm shy to ask of your name considering I took you on a trip for mine embarassed
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Ken4agent(m): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Based on CV review,you're invited for an interview to hold on -/1/17 by 9am at 56B Moleye str off Herbert Macaulay behind Total,Spencer B/S Sabo-Yaba.A22

pls can this b GNLD... d sender is "B Services" which I never applied to. pls anybody with me on this??
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by perrol(m): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Please don't pay money to anyone, no matter the genuineness of the job. Your time cannot pass you

1 Like

Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Ken4agent(m): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Based on CV review,you're invited for an interview to hold on -/1/17 by -am at 56B Moleye str off Herbert Macaulay behind Total,Spencer B/S Sabo-Yaba.A22

pls can this b GNLD... d sender is "B Services" which I never applied to. pls anybody with me on this??
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by jnrremedy(m): 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
that same fisayo is here on nairaland and she is still scamming people
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by Apos2kay(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
How do you know?
jnrremedy:
that same fisayo is here on nairaland and she is still scamming people
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by amicable09(f): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
agrovick:

Hehehehehe

Revisit my penultimate post, you missed something wink

Now I'm shy to ask of your name considering I took you on a trip for mine embarassed
Lol.
I got it! cheesy
Almost missed it though.

Please remain shy. Keep the shamefacedness grin... Although unlike you, I can't boast of anonymity any longer.
Re: How I Experienced Job Interview Scamming Method At Ibadan by jnrremedy(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
Apos2kay:
How do you know?
she still post same job advert in Ibadan job thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? / Discrimination Against Contract Staff During Interviews. / Error In Npower Test Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.