Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu (1542 Views)

Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / Justice Binta Nyako Threatens To Withdraw From Nnamdi Kanu’s Case / Abuja Judge Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by Kamanuozuzu: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
A Federal High Court judge has accused security operatives of creating tension over the trial of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu.

Justice Binta Nyako’s backlash on the security operatives came after Kanu’s counsel Ifeanyi Ejiofor alleged harassment and threat to life of his counsel, relatives and visitor by men of the Department of State Securities.

Nyako accused the DSS and the security operatives of creating unnecessary tension over the ongoing trial of the IPOB leader.

Meanwhile, there was unusual security presence at the Federal High Court today, January 10.

The court was filled with hundreds of security officials including DSS operatives, Nigerian police officers, officers from the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, scores of prison officials, security officials in mufti and four security dogs.

Also, entrance into the court premises was highly limited with series and interrogation from some of the operatives stationed at almost every point.

However, in dismay, Justice Nyako said: “And to the security operatives, there is absolutely nothing special about the first defendant or this case, they (the defendants) are just like any other defendant.”

“Don’t create all these tension because of one person.

During the last case I watched you all through the CCTV in my office and I was disappointed; this is just an ordinary criminal trial,”
 Nyako said.

“Don’t let us add sensation into this case let us not create tension because this case, it is only a criminal case like every other one,”
she added.

https://www.naij.com/1081828-there-absolutely-special-nnamdi-kanu-judge-tells-dss-others.html

1 Like

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by okosodo: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
It is obvious that buhari is monumental failure of epidemic proportion

4 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by Splinz(m): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
However, in dismay, Justice Nyako said: “And to the security operatives, there is absolutely nothing special about the first defendant or this case, they (the defendants) are just like any other defendant.”

“Don’t create all these tension because of one person.

During the last case I watched you all through the CCTV in my office and I was disappointed; this is just an ordinary criminal trial,” Nyako said.

“Don’t let us add sensation into this case let us not create tension because this case, it is only a criminal case like every other one,” she added.

In zombies voice: IPOB is a terrorist organization and Nnamdi Kanu should be hanged for treasonable offenses.

But here, Justice Nyako is saying "there's nothing special about the case".

So what? Simple. It is a case of creating a mountain out of a molehill!

3 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by ThinkSmarter: 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
I guess the Security Operatives re being controlled.
I am baffled at their Sensitiveness over KANU's case that have not killed anyone but only allegedly made hate speech but if it were to be BokoHaram kingpins and members that hv destroyed lives n ppties, displaced some people, made some women widows and many children orphans and disrupted the peace of the country, u wouldn't hv heard any fuss about it.
Something z fishy Here.

2 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by Samirana360(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Biafra actualization is imminent

2 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by idupaul: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
okosodo:
It is obvious that buhari is monumental failure of epidemic proportion

True

3 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by Dcomrade(m): 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
There's nothing special about the case, so why make it a secret trial. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by ShakaZullu(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
Buhari has a date at Hague

cc
ngeneukwenu omenka sarrki/mrkayusfit

2 Likes

Re: Justice Binta Blasts DSS, Other Security Agenices Over Nnamdi Kanu by mykeljosef: 12:36am On Jan 11, 2017
I'm tired of this kanu - buhari beef...
let them do a round table

(1) (Reply)

Riot In Lagos As Hausa Man Allegedly Killed Yoruba / Presidents Wife Is Mute Over The Health Status Of Her Husband / A Commissioner Uselessing A Police Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.