Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip (28007 Views)

Buhari, Others Pray For Yusuf Buhari's Quick Recovery At Friday Jumat / Buhari, Others Have 101 Presidential Aides; Buhari 24, Osinbajo 52 (Full List) / Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by onatisi(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Is situations like this that gave birth to Ecowas
Mark my words, if Jammeh refused to hand over,troops will be deployed. Gambia will be easier than Cote de voire
who will send troops? U think buhari will send troops? Or Ghana that just has a new president?what will happen if the casualty figure rise among ur troops?how will u justify ur actions? What happens if the war prolongs ,and ur casualty keeps rising ? Who will bear the cost? Ppl don't just send troops like that o.
The biggest economies in west Africa are Nigeria,Ghana and cote de voir, ivory coast is very important to France and that was why they sent troops in and remember genocide was already ongoing by then,the war had already started. Ecowas has learnt their bitter lessons in Liberia and they wont repeat that mistake again

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by doctimonyeka(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2017
martineverest:
ur ignorance eludes me.....educated illiterate everywhere
you really sound immature and archaic...
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by onatisi(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2017
wirinet:

Take it from me. Ecowas lead by Nigeria will send troops to Gambia if Jammeh refuses to step down voluntarily. After the 19th of January, Jammeh will be running an illegal government and hardly any foreign government will recognize his government. Ecowas cannot afford another civil war on its door step.
Bros forget any war in Gambia. It seems you don't understand Gambia politics . Who will fight jammeh in Gambia? How will buhari convince the senate and Nigerians about the reasons he is sending troops to go and die in Gambia ?who will support him?
The simple questions pppl will ask is "what economic importance has Gambia to Nigeria enough to warrant the death of our soldiers?

3 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by felixlovu: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2017
softMarket:
buhari is asking Gambia's president to obey ECOWAS orders while he did not obey the same ECOWAS orders

Now let's put ourselves in that gambia's president shoes___if u were him and they sent buhari to you, will u listen to the buhari? ..............
.I don't know why ECOWAS decided to wake up now!
During the regime of Gadaffi, where were they?
Very soon now they will start sending soldiers there!
And bubu will deploy more soldiers than other states will......someone will just be forming Saint!!!
. Wat was ecowas order dat buhari did nt obey.dnt tell me about jazkakry or wat his name and dat army deal scandal thing because is never a problem of ecowas.u know is better u know wat ecowas is really for and how it interact wit countries
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by softMarket(m): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2017
felixlovu:
. Wat was ecowas order dat buhari did nt obey.dnt tell me about jazkakry or wat his name and dat army deal scandal thing because is never a problem of ecowas.u know is better u know wat ecowas is really for and how it interact wit countries

Release Dansuki and free Nnamdi Kanu!
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by ogunboss: 10:40am On Jan 11, 2017
Unintelligent people everywhere, so because Nigeria has its problems, West Africa should be left to stew its juices? We forget that if the situation gets out of hand, we might have to deal with migrant crises. We forget that Buhari is not there as Buhari, he's there as Nigeria. Your dear brother that just joined the NA might be sent to die in another man's country as peacekeepers. And many other consequences. Nigeria is the giant of Africa and West Africa's 'guardian angel'. Every country runs into problems sometimes, but the onus is on us to be proud of our country, not to shirk our duties to the continent, for the common good.
God bless me,
God bless you,
God bless PMB,
God bless FGN,
God bless Africa.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by ayindejimmy(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2017
onatisi:
who will send troops? U think buhari will send troops? Or Ghana that just has a new president?what will happen if the casualty figure rise among ur troops?how will u justify ur actions? What happens if the war prolongs ,and ur casualty keeps rising ? Who will bear the cost? Ppl don't just send troops like that o.
The biggest economies in west Africa are Nigeria,Ghana and cote de voir, ivory coast is very important to France and that was why they sent troops in and remember genocide was already ongoing by then,the war had already started. Ecowas has learnt their bitter lessons in Liberia and they wont repeat that mistake again

Tell me where it had occurred and if necessary troops were not sent?

Sending troops is the last resort.
I pray it doesn't come to that

But when it does....

I'll bookmark this page to remind you
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by solid3(m): 10:43am On Jan 11, 2017
SirJeffry:
sadShame is one thing buhari needs to borrow since it's obvious he doent have one.

Stick your ass at home and fix your house godammit. angry

If you understand how much civil unrest in a neighboring west African country will cost Nigeria, you wouldn't have said the above.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by GrandMufti: 10:45am On Jan 11, 2017
wirinet:

There is something called supplementary budget, besides nobody budgets for war. The cost of a military intervention will not be borne solely by Nigeria. Ecowas as a whole, the US and the EU including Britain would contribute money and equipment.

grin you mean Donald trump will contribute money? Keep dreaming. Syria has opened people's eyes. With the way buhari is spear heading the delegation, Nigeria will bear most of the cost which is totally avoidable.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by onatisi(m): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Tell me where it had occurred and if necessary troops were not sent?

Sending troops is the last resort.
I pray it doesn't come to that

But when it does....

I'll bookmark this page to remind you
If you have been to Gambia before u will understand what I am saying. Until the ppl inside Gambia rise up against jammeh, nothing will happen. The whole of Gambia is not even up to oyo state or even ibadan. In international politics it is interests that matters and friendship. If troops are sent,who will bear the cost? Is it Nigeria that is in recession? If the fight prolongs and our soldiers are been killed ,how wil buhari defend his decision?don't forget 2019 is just around the corner. What happens if the civilian casualty rises ? Believe me even Gambians will tell ecowas solders to leave .

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by onwuakpachris(m): 10:51am On Jan 11, 2017
justscorchone:

Die well
don't let out ya frustrations on a b.d boy..u hear
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by onatisi(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2017
GrandMufti:

grin you mean Donald trump will contribute money? Keep dreaming. Syria has opened people's eyes. With the way buhari is spear heading the delegation, Nigeria will bear most of the cost which is totally avoidable.
Syria is important ,leadership change in Syria will deal a big blow on terrorist activities. Then the oil factor is there and lastly the middle east peace process. If not all these USA will not send troops there . Why didn't they send troops to Rwanda and Burundi on time ?

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by pumpz(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=justscorchone post=52711906]

Die well [/quote cry
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 11, 2017
onwuakpachris:
don't let out ya frustrations on a b.d boy..u hear

I don see you na voltron defender of the universe,you no see say na hin use him own mouth dey swear say him wan die,I dey cheer am on na,na bad I do?
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by kuboy: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2017
Kabir2Mohammad:
I hope this man will not hold our President hostage
my broda dat will be de best news of 2017
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by nwamehn: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2017
softMarket:
buhari is asking Gambia's president to obey ECOWAS orders while he did not obey the same ECOWAS orders

Now let's put ourselves in that gambia's president shoes___if u were him and they sent buhari to you, will u listen to the buhari? ..............
And bubu will deploy more soldiers than other states will......someone will just be forming Saint!!!

Gaddafi isn't a perfect example because Libya was never a member of ECOWAS.

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Jan 11, 2017
onatisi:

Bros forget any war in Gambia. It seems you don't understand Gambia politics . Who will fight jammeh in Gambia? How will buhari convince the senate and Nigerians about the reasons he is sending troops to go and die in Gambia ?who will support him?
The simple questions pppl will ask is "what economic importance has Gambia to Nigeria enough to warrant the death of our soldiers?

Well January 19th is just a few days away, lets wait and see.

What is there to understand about Gambia's politics besides the fact that people voted Jammeh out. Adama Barrow and his supporters will fight Jammeh. A Barrow has to do is leave the country and form a government in exile. His government will be recognized by ECOWAS, AU and UN, that's all that is needed for foreign troops to come in and remove Jammeh.

About senate approvals, the president can send troops to a foreign country without senate approvals, he only need to seek their approval within 7 days, and the senate thereafter has 14 days to approve or deny;

Chapter 1 part 2 Section 5
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (4) of this section, the President, in consultation with the National Defence Council, may deploy members of the armed forces of the Federation on a limited combat duty outside Nigeria if he is satisfied that the national security is under imminent threat or danger:

Provided that the President shall, within seven days of actual combat engagement, seek the consent of the Senate and the Senate shall thereafter give or refuse the said consent within 14 days.

Besides, APC has majority in the senate.

As i said earlier Nigeria and ECOWAS cannot afford to allow Gambia to be unstable. We already suffered greatly from instability in Libya, Mali and ivory coast.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by onatisi(m): 11:01am On Jan 11, 2017
wirinet:

Well January 19th is just a few days away, lets wait and see.

What is there to understand about Gambia's politics besides the fact that people voted Jammeh out. Adama Barrow and his supporters will fight Jammeh. A Barrow has to do is leave the country and form a government in exile. His government will be recognized by ECOWAS, AU and UN, that's all that is needed for foreign troops to come in and remove Jammeh.

About senate approvals, the president can send troops to a foreign country without senate approvals, he only need to seek their approval within 7 days, and the senate thereafter has 14 days to approve or deny;

Besides, APC has majority in the senate.

As i said earlier Nigeria and ECOWAS cannot afford to allow Gambia to be unstable. We already suffered greatly from instability in Libya, Mali and ivory coast.
Look if barrow is arrested today,nothing will happen. The worst will be a few pockets of riots which will be ruthlessly crushed by jammeh. Their best bet is to go for another election and win,or make a power sharing formulae with jammeh. If barrow has left Gambia that is because he knows what jammeh is capable of doing. And that even makes it easy for jammeh to crush the remaining opposition voices remaining in Gambia. You don't seem to understand how African leaders think
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by Cityguy: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2017
Jammeheehh should just have mercy, ignore the messenger and listen to the message.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by GrandMufti: 11:17am On Jan 11, 2017
onatisi:
Syria is important ,leadership change in Syria will deal a big blow on terrorist activities. Then the oil factor is there and lastly the middle east peace process. If not all these USA will not send troops there . Why didn't they send troops to Rwanda and Burundi on time ?

Syria is important, yes. But the strategy used in Syria will not be used in Gambia. I.e arming rebels and opposition forces.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by Charly68: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
Despots don't listen to voice of reason..this man is playing to the gallery
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by Codes151(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
SirJeffry:
sadShame is one thing buhari needs to borrow since it's obvious he doent have one.

lol!! It's actually funny to me how he wants to go ask another to step down lol!! Same person that disobeyed Ecowas order! Sha ecowas na joke!
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
Buhari needs to go to that country and make sure the will of the people count. We must do all we can, despite our domestic problems to help others who cry for help. It is not our responsibility as a country, it is our obligation as a people.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by King44(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
SirJeffry:

stupid, you don't know anything but just for d sake of likes u kip dishing out rubbish, saying buhari should stick his nose... is like questioning d existence of ecowas, Why don't you ask ur self dis question why is buhari part of d delegates and find ansas to it sincerely your comment is annoying as buhari himself
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
see as this Oloshi take fall he hand

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by wirinet(m): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
Codes151:
lol!! It's actually funny to me how he wants to go ask another to step down lol!! Same person that disobeyed Ecowas order! Sha ecowas na joke!

Ecowas court has no jurisdiction over Nigerian courts. Even the world court does not have jurisdiction over Nigeria courts.
The Jammeh impasse is no a legal issue, it is a political issue. Jammeh is carrying out a coup against the Gambian constitution and ECOWAS and AU can intervene to thwart the coup.

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by fujirice: 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
softMarket:

Oga, Wetin concern Libya with ECOWAS?
Make una get sense before una go comment na?
Na wa o!
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by fujirice: 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
wirinet:

Ecowas court has no jurisdiction over Nigerian courts. Even the world court does not have jurisdiction over Nigeria courts.
The Jammeh impasse is no a legal issue, it is a political issue. Jammeh is carrying out a coup against the Gambian constitution and ECOWAS and AU can intervene to thwart the coup.
Oga, he who comes to equity must do so with clean hands.
Besides, ECOWAS court ruling and that of Nigerian are in accordance.
There is no contradiction whatsoever. So get your facts right
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by APCmyheart(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
SirJeffry:

Shut up if you don't know anything about what makes someone be a leader, Are you waiting for war to start before he start sending troops to Gambia?

Son of 8
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by adimsmt: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ayodeleseyi65:
Jammeh, The Earlier The Better Meanwhile What Buhari Is Doing Is Part Of His Responsibility As A Head Not Just A National Leader

National leader my foot, charity they say begins at home. A leader who does not obey his own country's constitutions has no moral justification to tell another how to obey the laws. I want see Jammeh disgraced, but Buhari should go and seat down.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip by ayindejimmy(m): 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
onatisi:

If you have been to Gambia before u will understand what I am saying. Until the ppl inside Gambia rise up against jammeh, nothing will happen. The whole of Gambia is not even up to oyo state or even ibadan. In international politics it is interests that matters and friendship. If troops are sent,who will bear the cost? Is it Nigeria that is in recession? If the fight prolongs and our soldiers are been killed ,how wil buhari defend his decision?don't forget 2019 is just around the corner. What happens if the civilian casualty rises ? Believe me even Gambians will tell ecowas solders to leave .

What do you have to say?

You people know very little about politics or international treaty but you just want to argue on something without any precedent

https://www.nairaland.com/3580061/officers-jets-naf-deployed-senegal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Celebrates Dolapo Osinbajo On Her 55th Birthday / Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday / What Is Your Take On President Buhari's Independence Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.