Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,330 members, 7,839,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge (18210 Views)

Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest / FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / Buhari Orders Return Of Egbesu Sword For Niger-Delta Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by saintkel(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2017
Niger bridge
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Dexema(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2017
How I wish the current administration under Bubu can finish this project.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by iamdynamite(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ermacc:
I thought I saw that image in 2015. all propaganda Congress. https://www.nairaland.com/2099282/pictures-progress-2nd-niger-bridge
did they tell you work as started on it....please read and comprehend ok
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Demoore(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
Was the 2nd Niger bridge contract awarded under the GEJ admin to Julius Berger/NSIA Consortium revoked?

How can the Fed Govt award a new contract to an ongoing project? Why wasn't Lagos - Ibadan expressway project re-warded?

The Govt should simply provide funds to continue the ongoing 2nd Niger Bridge Project. They should desist from this silly childish propaganda.

We don tire for propaganda abeg.....just do you work.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Ermacc: 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
iamdynamite:
did they tell you work as started on it....please read and comprehend ok
you should adhere to your very own advice and read the crap you wrote before posting it.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by TeamSimple(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Horlufemi:

Easy na, why would you say someone's madness is fully baked. Haba.
oboi the kind badmouth nairalanders get ehn,i wonder what will happen if all nairalanders makes up the house of reps and senate.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by iamdynamite(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ermacc:
you should adhere to your very own advice and read the crap you wrote before posting it.
you said the you saw this attached picture way back in 2008 and i said from the report you read were was it written that work has started on the project......
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Bmcc(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
why dont you wait till 2019. are you guys praying for him (Buhari) to fail? if he does and Nigeria fails then what is your gain, bragging right or what? in 2015 easterners did not vote for Buhari and he still won. rather than pray for him to fails why not pray he builds the bridge as promised and then then still vote him out if you dont like him. you guys needs to start thinking out of the box and help yourselves and generation to a better Nigeria. after all a supposedly easterner(GEJ) was the president for 6 years and nothing was done on the bridge. guys give yourselves brain. I will continue to support Buhari.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Bmcc(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
owobokiri:
The politics of the second Niger bridge has ran its full course... If anybody thinks that because of the emotional attachment of the everage easterner to the reconstruction of that bridge, he can now perpetualluy use that as some kind of politcal bait to lure easterners into enjoying a poltical kiss with a desert iguana come 2019, that person is living in a fools paradise.. You want to biuld oo, you biuld..., you dont want to biuld ooo. na your wahala... At the appropriate time, full consequences will be metted out for the unparralled level of political/economic victimization directed at the igbo by a litany of grossly inept Abuja governments.

why dont you wait till 2019. are you guys praying for him (Buhari) to fail? if he does and Nigeria fails then what is your gain, bragging right or what? in 2015 easterners did not vote for Buhari and he still won. rather than pray for him to fails why not pray he builds the bridge as promised and then then still vote him out if you dont like him. you guys needs to start thinking out of the box and help yourselves and generation to a better Nigeria. after all a supposedly easterner(GEJ) was the president for 6 years and nothing was done on the bridge. guys give yourselves brain. I will continue to support Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by walozanga(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
dosk:

Must you Comment? How else would you continue an abandoned project if you don't re award it, Na ur madness dey fully baked.
u need help
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by PHIPEX(m): 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Can they first explain what happened to the original contract and what makes this one different? Does this govt really think we are daft?
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by walozanga(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
if u want reward an already awarded contract, if the normal niger bridge fall na igbos go still enjoy am pass because una go dey pay well well to use flying boats when aba made boats land onitsha na we go set the price
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by haske7(f): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
Yeebos continue waiting for Biafra..........
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by kelvd4real(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
owobokiri:
The politics of the second Niger bridge has ran its full course... If anybody thinks that because of the emotional attachment of the everage easterner to the reconstruction of that bridge, he can now perpetualluy use that as some kind of politcal bait to lure easterners into enjoying a poltical kiss with a desert iguana come 2019, that person is living in a fools paradise.. You want to biuld oo, you biuld..., you dont want to biuld ooo. na your wahala... At the appropriate time, full consequences will be metted out for the unparralled level of political/economic victimization directed at the igbo by a litany of grossly inept Abuja governments.

How much of the IGBO votes got PMB elected in the first place? Can you all stop all this delusional thoughts of self-importance already!.
The foolishness of some of you has succeeded in making Igbos alienate itself to political oblivion. You better shape in or remain irrelevant politically. You allow your hate to rule your brain. Have you not heard of "No permanent enemy in politics"? How do you think Igbos will get relevant politically without forming alliance with either Yorubas or the North? God! I feel so ashamed to identify with you people. The ignorance is mind boggling.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Bmcc(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
PHIPEX:
Can they first explain what happened to the original contract and what makes this one different? Does this govt really think we are daft?

if you are the present president what will you do. continue with the over inflated contract. guys as Nigerian we need to start looking forward rather than backwards. once a contract is stopped and you want to continue you will do what is called re award. hmmm.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by PHIPEX(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
Bmcc:

if you are the present president what will you do. continue with the over inflated contract. guys as Nigerian we need to start looking forward rather than backwards. once a contract is stopped and you want to continue you will do what is called re award. hmmm.
Until the govt comes forth with tangible information regarding what they did differently, I'll take it as another election gymnastics. Enough of these old men in power toying with sensitive parts of our lives and thinking they are smart. What assurance do we have that this will not be abandoned again?

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Bmcc(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
PHIPEX:
Until the govt comes forth with tangible information regarding what they did differently, I'll take it as another election gymnastics. Enough of these old men in power toying with sensitive parts of our lives and thinking they are smart. What assurance do we have that this will not be abandoned again?

guy, your best option is to wait till 2019 which is the only assurance you have or till God decide to take Baba's life before then. nothing in life is certain.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by SillyMods: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
RZArecta:
why is your mother so useless, why is your father a mor0n ? The world is tired of you
When I say some mods are indeed silly, you'd think I exaggerate it. How can a post as this be allowed to stay even without calling on them to hide it and ban the poster?

Seun and Lalasticlala and Mynd44 are turning Nairaland into a forum where everything goes.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Benjom(m): 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
SillyMods:

When I say some mods are indeed silly, you'd think I exaggerate it. How can a post as this be allowed to stay even without calling on them to hide it and ban the poster?

Seun and Lalasticlala and Mynd44 are turning Nairaland into a forum where everything goes.

My dear, these guys have a lot on their hands. You can simply make their job easy by clicking on the report button below the person's comment and I assure you they'll take action on it immediately. I've done that several times and it works.

* I've already done that anyway.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by obailala(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
RZArecta:
How can you award a contract that had already been awarded long ago These APC people sha, their madness is fully baked cool
Obj at some point also awarded this contract; same way he awarded contracts for benin-sagamu road, lagos-ibadan road, ph-enugu road and onitsha-enugu road. Similarly, obj also awarded the contract for the recently completed abuja-kaduna rail, but still, all these contracts were awarded again by his predecessors.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by seguntijan(m): 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2017
For 16 years, PDP campaigned with 2nd Niger Bridge, only GEJ campaigned with the drawings.
Muhammadu Buhari is doing it in recession
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Chrisharry(m): 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
Story. Until I see it working out, I won't believe.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by DisGuy: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
PLENTY MUMU IN HERE

THIS IS NOT THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE EVERYONE GETS A BONNER ABOUT. this is the Normal old niger bridge

everyone dey reddd eye for this forum
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by SillyMods: 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Benjom:

My dear, these guys have a lot on their hands. You can simply make their job easy by clicking on the report button below the person's comment and I assure you they'll take action on it immediately. I've done that several times and it works.

* I've already done that anyway.
When you use the "report" button, the post is only hidden from you but available to every other person on the thread.

If you want to confirm it, check that same thread using another person's moniker or viewing as a guest.

So, what's the point?
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by ETA1968: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
Where is lie mohammed
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Benjom(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
SillyMods:

When you use the "report" button, the post is only hidden from you but available to every other person on the thread.

If you want to confirm it, check that same thread using another person's moniker or viewing as a guest.

So, what's the point?

Thanks, that's an eye-opener to me. I never knew it's like that. I'll find out. If it's true, what's the point of reporting then?
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by DisGuy: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Benjom:

Thanks, that's an eye-opener to me. I never knew it's like that. I'll find out. If it's true, what's the point of reporting then?

its actually works most times, takes a while as you'll appreciate they have a lot of posts to go through

plus most have full time jobs hence not on here 24.7

they are volunteers afterall
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by SillyMods: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Benjom:

It's exactly that way. The only effective way is quoting the post and cc the mods who may or may not act.

Imagine that post in question still left like that despite my complaining.
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by Benjom(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
DisGuy:

its actually works most times, takes a while as you'll appreciate they have a lot of posts to go through

plus most have full time jobs hence not on here 24.7

they are volunteers afterall

SillyMods:

It's exactly that way. The only effective way is quoting the post and cc the mods who may or may not act.

Imagine that post in question still left like that despite my complaining.

I actually logged-out to ascertain the veracity of your claim... Shockingly, the posts were still there. You're right, they were only hidden from me. Henceforth, I have nothing to report again. I've activated my "Silence is golden" mode grin
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by vicknoel(f): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Na wao, had Jonathan continued beyond 2015, he would have really dealt with this country. check out the cost of the same bridge under Jonathan's PDP. Mind you, things were very cheap at that time.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/02/second-niger-bridge-to-gulp-n117-billion-fg.html

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/19375-we-have-spent-n10-billion-on-second-niger-bridge-jonathan

https://www.naij.com/346739-2nd-niger-bridge-costs-4-times-more-than-supposed-to-be.html
Re: FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge by noucompact(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
I HOPE IS NOT LIKE OGONI CLEAN SCAM ABI NA CLEAN UP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Appoints Fatima Waziri-Azi As DG NAPTIP / Melaye: You Cannot Promote, Defend Or Campaign For Tinubu Without Looking Stupid / Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.