Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss (1173 Views)

PHOTO: CHINA Execute 26 Corrupt Politicians / Britain Set To Seize Assets Of Corrupt Politicians, Others / Tinubu: 8 Things Buhari's Government Must Do For Nigerians. See List... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by oswaggiee(m): 1:54am On Jan 11, 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday regretted that some Nigerians still see politicians who steal from the treasury as heroes.

Also, the National Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, Mr. Ekpo Nta, has said corruption has become a big and lucrative in Nigeria despite the war being waged against the scourge.

Osinbajo also noted that many others did not see anything wrong when the politicians involved in stealing the nation’s commonwealth were their kinsmen.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, the Vice-President spoke while granting audience to a delegation of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption led by its Chairman, Prof. Itse Sagay, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said to correct the wrong perception by Nigerians on corruption, all anti-corruption agencies in the country must step up their engagement with the public.

He said, “How we communicate what is going on regarding corruption is important. There are still those who think a politician who steals, is some kind of Robin Hood, instead of being vilified.

“Some people believe that if ‘my kinsman steals it is ok.’ It is important to completely delegitimise corruption especially through the way it is communicated.”

Osinbajo however commended the committee which he said had done very well removing skepticism on whether anti-corruption initiative can work well in the country.

In his comments at the meeting, Sagay said PACAC had engaged with all anti-corruption agencies in the country, including the police and the judiciary.

The ICPC boss, who was represented by Mr. Kingsley Obi, at the see more http://kleeqers.com/forum/politics/3048-nigerians-see-corrupt-politicians-as-heroes-osinbajo-icpc-boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Sweetguy25: 1:59am On Jan 11, 2017
They even elected one to be President in 2015 and you're his vice, plus you're a pastor. LMAO. Foolish clowns!

Nigeria is a country filled to the brim with useless and hopeless hypocrites like those in this thread.

Buhari and most northerners see Abacha as a hero even though he's officially the most corrupt head of state Nigeria has ever produced. Buhari even said Abacha didn't steal. But nobody talks about that...

Buhari is a coupist who abused power, disregarded the rule of law and sentenced Nigeria to sixteen years of military dictatorship. Nigeria lost sixteen years of democracy and development because of Buhari but he was democratically elected as president in 2015.

Pastor Osinbajo you are a hypocrite and if hell was real, you will be sent there after you die.

Honestly, I can't stand Nigerians anymore. The hypocrisy and ignorance in this country is disgusting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Tolexander: 3:27am On Jan 11, 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday regretted that some Nigerians still see politicians who steal from the treasury as heroes.
Yes!

Example is the popular saying by some posters on Nairaland, "GEJ my their hero"!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Adminisher: 3:36am On Jan 11, 2017
It is only a particular generation of Nigerians that celebrate corruption. The Generation that grew up (childhood to early teens) during the reign of IBB/ Abacha have very faulty moral compasses. They also have not seen Nigeria at its glory so they can accept poor quality leadership and infact accept it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Adminisher: 3:43am On Jan 11, 2017
It is only a particular generation of Nigerians that celebrate corruption. The Generation that grew up (childhood to early teens) during the reign of IBB/ Abacha have very faulty moral compasses. They also have not seen Nigeria at its glory so they can accept poor quality leadership and infact accept it.

There is something about growing up without good electricity, pipeborne water and going to poor quality schools and pay for grade universities that destroy completely your expectations for good leadership.
These feelings can become strongholds in the mind and before you know it the strange becomes nornak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by tit(f): 4:10am On Jan 11, 2017
Sweetguy25:
They even elected one to be President in 2015 and you're his vice, plus you're a pastor. LMAO. Foolish clowns!

Ask the pastor about the blood money he got from pfizer for the heads of kano childrens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by loomer: 4:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Pot calling kettle names
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by jumpandpas(m): 4:49am On Jan 11, 2017
Tolexander:

Yes!

Example is the popular saying by some posters on Nairaland, "GEJ my their hero"!

Tell me one politician that's not corrupt.
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by nnachukz(m): 4:51am On Jan 11, 2017
When he and his boss talk, you would think they are clean. They are the same with limited understanding of what corruption entails. CBN, FIRS and Custom Recruitment come to mind. Sing on VP.
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by KINGwax007(m): 5:45am On Jan 11, 2017
Actually, Biafrans see corrupt politicians as heroes.

Shey people wey dey worship someone wey leave their ancestors for war front, carry all remaining money and enter Abidjan to begin bang Bianca, na dem no go dey carry guns and cutleries because of corrupt politicians.

Pls, Mr, VP, rephrase, abeg.

Nigerians get brain, regardless of the tribe, but those Biafrans,...well, I no finish my statement o, make one yeye boy wey never write WAEC no come here dey insult his grandfather o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by ShakaZullu(m): 5:46am On Jan 11, 2017
[s]
KINGwax007:
Actuallyz Biafrans see corrupt politicians as heroes.
[/s]
of course just like you cone heads worships the Kings and Lords of corruption like Obasanjo, Tinubu, etc.

kiss the truth
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by ShakaZullu(m): 5:49am On Jan 11, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:

Yes!

[/s]
another example is some posters worshiping corrupt bastards like Amaechi, buruntashi, tinubu, Obasanjo, lair Muhammed the charlatan bastard, rochas, Buhari, etc
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by KINGwax007(m): 5:55am On Jan 11, 2017
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s]
of course just like you cone heads worships the Kings and Lords of corruption like Obasanjo, Tinubu, etc.

kiss the truth
if yu keep putting, 'kiss the truth' after your stupid statements, I go warn u before u begin enter psychiatric ward, dey look for cure cheesy

Tinubu was the pioneer of the new Lagos that you are so proud of, such that u can run 100meters without gallops on its highway, selling gala and lacasera.

OBJ remains the president, who, and only, during his time as president (military and democratic), left Nigeria with no debt but huge foreign reserve, despite historic low revenue. And during his time, there is always a growth in the economy.

Your hat wearing dullard and the frog eyed NOI, announced with pride that they left $30billion, even though they met with $60billion, and they earned more than half of what every Nigeria president's ever earned since the advent of oil, just in 5yrs of his dark and corrupt tenure.

Guy, to study for jamb. I have no time for kids. Ask your elders to come confront me with facts! I dey wait una

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by ShakaZullu(m): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2017
[s]
KINGwax007:
if yu keep putting, 'kiss the truth' after your stupid statements, I go warn u before u begin enter psychiatric ward, dey look for cure cheesy

Tinubu was the pioneer of the new Lagos that you are so proud of, such that u can run 100meters without gallops on its highway, selling gala and lacasera.

OBJ remains the president, who, and only, during his time as president (military and democratic), left Nigeria with no debt but huge foreign reserve, despite historic low revenue. And during his time, there is always a growth in the economy.

Your hat wearing dullard and the frog eyed NOI, announced with pride that they left $30billion, even though they met with $60billion, and they earned more than half of what every Nigeria president's ever earned since the advent of oil, just in 5yrs of his dark and corrupt tenure.

Guy, to study for jamb. I have no time for kids. Ask your elders to come confront me with facts! I dey wait una
[/s]
like i said you cone heads worship kings and Lords of corruption like Tinubu, Obasanjo, Amaechi, etc. and you just confirmed it by your shameless hypocrisy cheesy
you know the truth and it will surely set you free
i can list for you uncountable achievements of Gej that Buhari destroyed within a year

kiss the truth
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by ShakaZullu(m): 6:17am On Jan 11, 2017
[s]
KINGwax007:
Actually, Biafrans see corrupt politicians as heroes.

Shey people wey dey worship someone wey leave their ancestors for war front, carry all remaining money and enter Abidjan to begin bang Bianca, na dem no go dey carry guns and cutleries because of corrupt politicians.

Pls, Mr, VP, rephrase, abeg.

Nigerians get brain, regardless of the tribe, but those Biafrans,...well, I no finish my statement o, make one yeye boy wey never write WAEC no come here dey insult his grandfather o
[/s]
while some people worship someone that supposed to stand his ground when it matters the most but instead he took solace in rat poison inorder to end his miserable life.

or

what can you say to those that worship the people that annulled their hero's election and killed his wife on top of it.

such people are brainless, shameless cone head bastards ever lived isn't it mate? cool

kiss the truth

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by omowolewa: 6:19am On Jan 11, 2017
It's normal.
In a politics where FG which holds larger percentage of Nations revenue and not close to people, whoever fights to such height is an hero.

A situation where the tribal person determines what you get at the National level and the size of your community's share of 'National Cake'.
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by KINGwax007(m): 6:30am On Jan 11, 2017
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s]
while some people worship someone that supposed to stand his ground when it matters the most but instead he took solace in rat poison inorder to end his miserable life.

or

what can you say to those that worship the people that annulled their hero's election and killed his wife on top of it.

such people are brainless, shameless cone head bastards ever lived isn't it mate? cool

kiss the truth
in the YORUBA culture, so also obtained in the Japanese or Chinese culture, whenever mam lost, he must take his own life as a sign if bravery. The Japanese fall on their swords, the Vikings submit themselves to be killed and so many more around the world. Now, someone causing trouble and running away from it would have been labeled a coward in these brave cultural lands and not celebrated as heroes. The Greek would castrate such idiot so that he leaves no offspring that would populate the world with seeds of cowardice. cool

Now, when ojukwu returned to naija to beg OBJ, OBJ shld av caateated him, but he was too nice. Non of ojukwu's offspring is brave enuff to continue their father's lost cause. Instead, they were fighting their father's mistress for property. cheesy grin cool

Even Nnamdi kanu, that albino, wey dey deceive una, dey fight to get bailed after shouting it's Biafra or death. grin grin no be death even face am o, na simple incarceration dey shake am so o.

Did you remember his statement, 'if I am arrested, the zoo will fall's? grin grin

Chai...you Biafrans are a bunch of pea-size-brained-rejected individuals grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by kingwax7007: 7:24am On Jan 11, 2017
Guy, I dey wait u o
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Jesusloveyou: 7:41am On Jan 11, 2017
jumpandpas:

Tell me one politician that's not corrupt.
and why do you always sing their praise for be corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by jumpandpas(m): 7:48am On Jan 11, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
and why do you always sing their praise for be corrupt?

Sing whose praise?

All my praise goes to God and not to man.
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Stalwert: 8:04am On Jan 11, 2017
Cc ipoop and wailing zombies
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by owobokiri(m): 8:07am On Jan 11, 2017
Sweetguy25:

Nigeria is a country filled to the brim with useless and hopeless hypocrites like those in this thread.

Buhari and most northerners see Abacha as a hero even though he's officially the most corrupt head of state Nigeria has ever produced. Buhari even said Abacha didn't steal. But nobody talks about that...

Buhari is a coupist who abused power, disregarded the rule of law and sentenced Nigeria to sixteen years of military dictatorship. Nigeria lost sixteen years of democracy and development because of Buhari but he was democratically elected as president in 2015.

Pastor Osinbajo you are a hypocrite and if hell was real, you will be sent there after you die.

Honestly, I can't stand Nigerians anymore. The hypocrisy and ignorance in this country is disgusting.

I cant say it better... muchas gracias for this..
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by focus7: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2017
This is typical of Igbos and the South South people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by Sweetguy25: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2017
Adminisher:

There is something about growing up without good electricity, pipeborne water and going to poor quality schools and pay for grade universities that destroy completely your expectations for good leadership.
These feelings can become strongholds in the mind and before you know it the strange becomes nornak

Bullshit. Nigeria does not have any glory. Nigeria has always been a poor country lacking basic infrastructure. How many percentage of Nigerians had access to pipe borne water in the 60s, 70s and 80s? Actually, less than 20 percent. The same with electricity. Don't make up baseless arguments.
Re: Nigerians See Corrupt Politicians As Heroes – Osinbajo, ICPC Boss by ShakaZullu(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
[s]
KINGwax007:
in the YORUBA culture, so also obtained in the Japanese or Chinese culture, whenever mam lost, he must take his own life as a sign if bravery. The Japanese fall on their swords, the Vikings submit themselves to be killed and so many more around the world. Now, someone causing trouble and running away from it would have been labeled a coward in these brave cultural lands and not celebrated as heroes. The Greek would castrate such idiot so that he leaves no offspring that would populate the world with seeds of cowardice. cool

Now, when ojukwu returned to naija to beg OBJ, OBJ shld av caateated him, but he was too nice. Non of ojukwu's offspring is brave enuff to continue their father's lost cause. Instead, they were fighting their father's mistress for property. cheesy grin cool

Even Nnamdi kanu, that albino, wey dey deceive una, dey fight to get bailed after shouting it's Biafra or death. grin grin no be death even face am o, na simple incarceration dey shake am so o.

Did you remember his statement, 'if I am arrested, the zoo will fall's? grin grin

Chai...you Biafrans are a bunch of pea-size-brained-rejected individuals grin
[/s]
Nonsense trash

(1) (Reply)

See This Open Letter To Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello / Obasanjom/tinubu Destruction: The Military Strength Of The West To The North / Lets Forget Nnamdi Kanu Friends In Prison IPOB Urges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.