Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) (19351 Views)

Mom And Daughter Steal And Sell Baby For N250k In Anambra / Woman Jumps Into Lagoon From Maza-Maza Bridge In Lagos (Photo) / Men Steal Two Bicycles Worth N3m In Lagos, Sell One For N10,000 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by dre11(m): 7:18am On Jan 11, 2017
•’I found baby under Oyingbo bridge’

The police have arrested a house painter, Jamiu Jimoh, and his birth attendant daughter, Yetunde Osin, for allegedly stealing a two-month old baby girl from its mother.

Jimoh, a 65-year-old divorcée, and Osin, a 35-year-old spinster, were arrested in possession of the baby by a team of police detectives from the Igbgbo Police Station, Ikorodu, Lagos following a tip off.

The police source said the suspects are part of a child stealing and selling syndicate.
The Nation learnt that Osin practices her birth attendant trade at her 4, Kadara Street residence in Oyingbo.

It was learnt that on November 9, Osin helped a 28-year-old woman, Stella to deliver a baby girl at her home. She was said to have told the woman that the child was dead and even showed the mother a dead child. She then brought the baby to her father in Ikorodu.

But Osin disputed the story, saying she found the baby under a bridge near her Oyingbo home.
She said: “On November 9, I was walking along the road in Oyingbo. I found a baby on the ground. It was a female child, so I took it. That was the mistake I made. I should have gone to report to the police, but because it was a female baby, I liked it. That was how I took the baby home. But when I saw how everyone was behaving, gossiping, I brought the baby to my father in Ikorodu, so that I could be taking care of her from there. Even when I couldn’t come to Ikorodu from Oyingbo, my father was there to take care of her. On Sunday after leaving his home, someone called me at night that my father had been arrested.

“I am a hairdresser, but I am also a traditional birth attendant. The baby wasn’t born at my place. I wasn’t the one that helped the mother of the child deliver the baby. But when the police heard that I was a traditional birth attendant and questioned me about whether I assisted the baby’s mother during delivery, I said yes.

“I found the baby under the bridge on Apapa Road, Oyingbo. The baby has been with me since November.”

Jimoh, who lives on 4, Aro Street, Ikorodu, also denied having knowledge that the baby was stolen.

He confirmed to Lateef Akinborode, Executive Director, Community Women’s Rights Foundation (CWRF), Igbogbo, Ikorodu that the baby was found in his possession.

In an audio interview with Akinborode, made available to The Nation, Jimoh said: “She (Osin) is not the baby’s mother. She was not pregnant. I don’t know the baby’s mother. My daughter has never brought children to me to take care of before.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/man-daughter-steal-two-month-old-baby/

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by obembet(f): 7:24am On Jan 11, 2017
First to comment but I was disappointed with the names... They are fake afonja

4 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:26am On Jan 11, 2017
Afonjaz shocked

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by LifeofAirforce1: 7:26am On Jan 11, 2017
Good news
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by zicoswagg(m): 7:27am On Jan 11, 2017
Both Of 'Em Needs To Be Beheaded And Banished undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Gbese re o shocked shocked
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by oscaruzie(m): 7:28am On Jan 11, 2017
a maternal test on the alleged mother would verify both claims nah...too much paparazzi sef

10 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by lokotowers(m): 7:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Hmmmmmm emblemlembe
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by anonymuz(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
Ahhhhhhh...... fonjaaaaaaaa

17 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
Only God knows the truth behind this story...!

2 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by koolguy88(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
This story is controversial.
@lalasticala, why is this trash in FP?
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by silasupdc(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
We're the photo na
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by kingwax7007: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
Oloriburuku, u fall my hand. Now, una no let me join the name checker's association today...

Go punish u and ur father for stealing that baby ...

4 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by kossyablaze(m): 7:31am On Jan 11, 2017
I see
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by MrGreenMavro: 7:33am On Jan 11, 2017
Na family business?
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 11, 2017
Okay...next lie would be...pikin just drop from heaven
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by dpete1: 7:35am On Jan 11, 2017
Na dis kain people dey make other tribes diss we brown roof

Mtchew

7 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by sakalisis(m): 7:35am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by iukpe: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2017
angry I have an idea!

DNA TEST!!! wink

I think I am a genius grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by agadez007(m): 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017
thank God the baby was found,if not Afonjas aka brown roof dweller for done use d kid for rituals

13 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017
This is serious. It is well.
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by Opeedo(m): 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017
lokotowers:
Hmmmmmm emblemlembe
olololoooooo grin grin grin
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by dpete1: 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by dpete1: 7:37am On Jan 11, 2017

Mtchew
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by YeyeGirl(f): 7:43am On Jan 11, 2017
Na dem afonjas.. ndi owambe... sad

18 Likes

Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by curvilicious: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2017
From d above story she stole d baby even a mugu will know.
D baby has been with her since November1
She took d baby to her father2
She didn't assist d mother3
When police asked she said yes she assisted d mother4
D father said she never brought children for him5

She no sabi lie
Re: Man, Daughter ‘steal’ Two-month Old Baby In Lagos (photo) by surrogatesng: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2017
I wonder in these modern times people prefer to steal babies instead of going for adoption or IVF

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-DIG, Parry Osayande Says Police New Dress Code Is Illegal / Edo Housewife Hacked To Death By Father, Son While Separating A Fight / Residents Blast A Policeman For Getting Drunk Again In Ikorodu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.