Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Top 5 Android Skins - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Android Skins (1963 Views)

5 Android Smartphones Ridiculously More Expensive Than Iphone / Top 5 Android Apps To Stream Live Sports In 2020! / Alcatel Pixi3(4.5)android,supports Glo LTE... 10k SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Android Skins by Abdstrakt(m): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2017
Smartphone companies leave their mark on Android by altering the design of Google's mobile operating system.
Get two Android devices from different brands and put them next to each other, and you can easily notice they don't look alike, I'm not talking about hardware but software. Turn on the screen and you'll see that each operating system has it's own distinct style.
Most of the top OEMs -- HTC, Tecno, Xiaomi Samsung, Sony, Huawei, LG and Motorola -creates its own UIs for the Android phones that they build, aiming to give customers a special experience.

Here are my top 5 android skin in no particular order.

1- MIUI-Xiaomi
2- EMOTION UI- Huawei
3- HIOS- Tecno
4- TOUCHWIZ- Samsung
5- AMIGO - Gionee

That said, every Android skin has its fans. Some like to tinker and alter the look of the phones and the prefer the Custom Android skins as they offer tons of customizations, while some users would prefer to avoid them completely and go for the stock Android UI.
Tell us what your preferred Android Skin is.

Re: Top 5 Android Skins by faruz: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2017
.. .
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by excanny: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2017
I have never used the other brand you mentioned, but the HiOS on my Tecno Boom J8 is really cool and easy to navigate interface.

It was actually my first time using an android phone with a customized UI. And I wasn't disappointed the least.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by shiftback: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2017
I am a customization junkie.
Some days i could change the theme/wallpaper/fonts on my phantom 6 like 3 times depending on my mood.
OP no mention of HTC's sense UI? it has matured over the years and now looks polished.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Freelancerx: 8:59am On Jan 11, 2017
There are many more beautiful user interfaces. All designed to add interesting features to the device. Tecno launched their HiOS with the release of some devices last year and it's cool too.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by MizMyColi(f): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2017
@Abstract
You already know, so why asking me still cheesy

It's HiOS off koss!!
cheesy
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by scarycuteface(m): 9:30am On Jan 11, 2017
OP go need add to this list o. But the ones listed aren't bad either. I use infinix and the XOS is not bad. Stumbled on the HiOS on Google Play Store and I downloaded it. Mahn, I've been hooked. I hardly switch to my XOS anymore.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Abdstrakt(m): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
MizMyColi:
@Abstract
You already know, so why asking me still cheesy

It's HiOS off koss!!
cheesy

grin grin my bad.

HIOS is sharp.
I like the dark theme that comes default with the phantom 6, the Amoled display makes it all the more stunning.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Abdstrakt(m): 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2017
shiftback:
I am a customization junkie.
Some days i could change the theme/wallpaper/fonts on my phantom 6 like 3 times depending on my mood.
OP no mention of HTC's sense UI? it has matured over the years and now looks polished.
HTC sense is dope too. Their blinkfeed feature is the highpoint, just like BlackBerry Hub.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Abdstrakt(m): 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
scarycuteface:
OP go need add to this list o. But the ones listed aren't bad either. I use infinix and the XOS is not bad. Stumbled on the HiOS on Google Play Store and I downloaded it. Mahn, I've been hooked. I hardly switch to my XOS anymore.
Haven't really played with XOS.
Theirs an HIOS launcher on play store? Nice.
Does it have downloadable themes?
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Baroba(m): 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
HTC Sense does it for me..
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by investigator007: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2017
For me its the HIOS, its simple to understand
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Behankey(m): 11:10am On Jan 14, 2017
It will be hard to pick but I'll give it to the HiOS. Haven't really experienced others but it's dope.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Techm8: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
Abdstrakt:

There is a Hios launcher on the playstore and yes it has a lot of downloadable themes.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Android Skins by scarycuteface(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Abdstrakt:

You should o. The launcher is cool. It does
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Worksunlimited: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
#TeamMIUI..

XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4 PRO ON POINT..
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by excanny: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
Worksunlimited:
#TeamMIUI..
XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4 PRO ON POINT..
How does this compare to the HiOS?Any one used both ?
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Worksunlimited: 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
excanny:

How does this compare to the HiOS?Any one used both ?

Well.. You can't mention the MIUI and the HIOS in the same breathe..

The two of them no be mate at all at all.. MIUI rom is arguably the best in the world.. It's features can arguably be said to be the progenitor of rom customization..
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by excanny: 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Well.. You can't mention the MIUI and the HIOS in the same breathe..

The two of them no be mate at all at all.. MIUI rom is arguably the best in the world.. It's features can arguably be said to be the progenitor of rom customization..

Have you used both? Or you are just talking for crap“s ” sake.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Worksunlimited: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
excanny:

Have you used both? Or you are just talking for crap“s ” sake.

I have used both..
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by donbee(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
Amigo is the best, mostly are going for HiOS because they haven't use others
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by excanny: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Worksunlimited:

I have used both..
I don't agree with you because my HiOS is great.
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Worksunlimited: 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
excanny:

I doubt you have tried miui before...
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Dam5reey(m): 10:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
excanny:

how old is HiOS...?
Tecno still dey learn, my be when HiOS 6.0 comes out.. grin
Re: Top 5 Android Skins by Baroba(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
MIUI is a rip off of iOS in my opinion, thank God for launchers.. am not a fan at all.. I like HTC sense..

(1) (Reply)

Airtel 3gb Subscription Is A Scam / Enjoy Airtel Smartrecharge 10x More Voice And Data / Mid-range Phone Compatible With Glo 4G LTE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.