Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? (14596 Views)

Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? / Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? / "My Husband Smells My Panties Anytime I Come Back From A Journey" — Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by SNIPER123: 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
cheesy
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by LecciGucci: 4:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Virginkpekus:

Did she state to you that she is a Muslim? Na wa o
Hmm v.kpekus tongue.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
airminem:
I found it excruciatingly painful to breastfeed my baby even though they told me I was doing everything right and my baby was latching on correctly. After a few weeks of crying more than my baby, I finally switched to formula. But now I'm consumed with guilt. Everywhere I look, even on formula packages, breastfeeding is touted as best.
Have i made peace with my decision?

But you allow your husband who is 50 years old to still suck on your breast. You are mean!
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by tunde1200(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
ashewo okunrin why bolded that alone? grin

[quote author=ademoladeji post=53249735][/quote]
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by hapheeyxz: 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
olapluto:
Islamically, you should breastfeed for 2 years. Keep trying, even though your child is taking formula. It helps. Nothing stops your baby taking formula and breast milk, even if 5% of your baby's food is breast milk, then it is something.
Read the rest of that verse, yes it is but not on compulsion.... My daughter stoped by herself when she was around a YEAR, 4 MONTHS.. i was even telling her mum to continue breastfeeding her until 2-year that I'll pay her but what can I do when the young lass stop by herself? WOMAN DEY TRY JAWE... I GIVE IT ALL TO U... MAY ALLAH CONTINUE TO HELP THE MOTHERS AND BLESS WE FATHERS TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by dee02(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
airminem:
I found it excruciatingly painful to breastfeed my baby even though they told me I was doing everything right and my baby was latching on correctly. After a few weeks of crying more than my baby, I finally switched to formula. But now I'm consumed with guilt. Everywhere I look, even on formula packages, breastfeeding is touted as best.

One of the reasons why you have those two bosoms is to breastfeed your baby... you have no excuses!!!!
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by Ritaokafor(f): 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
OP plz don't scare me. Seeing babies suck happily,one would conclude its pleasurable to their mothers. Endure it if u wish to continue. Sorry dear.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by sleekdre: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
airminem:

Normally, you are advised to start using nipple cream a week before your due date.. It softens the nipple so that it won't crack. It's the crack on the nipple that makes it painful while breastfeeding your baby.. Try it for a week before you start again.. Good luck.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by emsco(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
I don't know why some male folks are contributing to a female related post,they are no medical expert or have important contribution to make.. Stop displaying your stupidity for the world to see

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
I would advice the Op to ignore them if she knows better undecided
emsco:
I don't know why some male folks are contributing to a female related post,they are no medical expert or have important contribution to make.. Stop displaying your stupidity for the world to see
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by karryn(f): 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
airminem:

I had my son @ UCH in ibadan and we were advised to clean our nipples with olive oil @ least 6 times a day bcuz it softens d nipples so u don't feel pain wen u feed
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by mrsfavour(f): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
I exclusively b\fed all my kid upto 6mths and i add formula, then b\f till 12mths. its the best. so my dear its not easy every mum experienced breast pain in one time or the other, its motherhood, but let us see love in place of pain.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by ladel(m): 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
get breast pump. pump the milk out as much as you can. refrigerate it and serve it to your baby whenever she needs it
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by Elle277(f): 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
Breastfeeding is the best,well breast fed child is always unique, intelligent and healthy,,I have seen myself
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by kay9(m): 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
eyinjuege:
Get an electric breast pump and use to express milk. You can always express in a bottle and give the baby.

The above is the best advice.

Lol @ crying more than the baby... grin I feel for you sha, my wife passed through same.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by kay9(m): 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2017
pocohantas:
One week one trouble.
The other time, you were complaining your man doesn't suck you boobs...now baby is sucking it, you're complaining of bruises.
Considering that you said your baby was biting your nipples, this should be a relief

The baby is 8mths+ , some mothers don't go that far. I pray I have the patience to go this far. Rub vaseline on it, heard it helps.

Being a good mum transcends beyond breastfeeding, don't feel bad.

Wicked!!! grin grin
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by jamesbridget13(f): 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
If d baby is months old already then u shouldn't be having cracked nipple. Since u re experiencing pains it implies something is wrong, go n see a doctor please.

In my case, in d first few weeks, I had cracked nipples. So so so painful. I never pray for sucking time to come those weeks but it healed very fast. I applied d breast milk on it every now n then. I don't allow it dry up at all. I always keep it wet with d breast milk. It worked like magic

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
airminem:

thank God you're not my wife. My child must breastfeed for 2 years.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by adanny01(m): 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ujoan:

Bfeeding is always very painful at the beginning. Some women (like me) suffer severely bruised nipples which even bleed sometimes, but the key here is perseverance. Eventually the pain wears off and the bruising stops and you no longer feel the way you used to.

I know it's tempting to give up at the beginning, but if you really want to breastfeed your infant you need to steel yourself against that initial pain.

How old is you LO now and how long did you endure the pain before deciding to give up? Maybe yours is am extreme case though. But 2 weeks is enough time.

My wife used to complain of the pains and was encouraged to continue swapping breasts each time pain starts. The main problem was that my child preferred one breast than the other but she was able to trick him by laying him on his back and putiing it over his face. The pain was less too but isnt a good posture for hungry babies.

I guess she should get help and endure. My children refused the formula, Cerelac and everything else, what would she have done in our case?
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by Coolgent(m): 12:07am On Feb 01, 2017
Hmm women! The time wey your husband u no feel pain na now u dey feel am because ur baby no dey give u pleasure. grin
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by adatemi: 4:00am On Feb 01, 2017
My dear! Don't feel guilty, not breastfeeding your child does not make you less of a mother especially if you have a genuine reason. Your child needs you to be healthy & happy. all you now need is shower him with love & attention thru other avenues. I Breastfed my son for 2 months because he was always fussing and does not want to breastfed, he's now a 16yrs healthy & happy teenager. God will continue to guide you on this journey, be of good cheer!
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 9:34am On Feb 01, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
thank God you're not my wife. My child must breastfeed for 2 years.

Realy? You Would Suffer You Beloveth Wife That Much?
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2017
karryn:
I had my son @ UCH in ibadan and we were advised to clean our nipples with olive oil @ least 6 times a day bcuz it softens d nipples so u don't feel pain wen u feed

Thats For Sure. Thanks
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
sleekdre:

Normally, you are advised to start using nipple cream a week before your due date.. It softens the nipple so that it won't crack. It's the crack on the nipple that makes it painful while breastfeeding your baby.. Try it for a week before you start again.. Good luck.

Yes I Have And Thanks
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2017
slimmy2005:
But you allow your husband who is 50 years old to still suck on your breast. You are mean!

Yes. Also Ask The Old Lady Beside You
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:44am On Feb 01, 2017
airminem:

Realy? You Would Suffer You Beloveth Wife That Much?
is that suffering? Lol! I need her to raise a healthy child for us. It's better to endure the pain of breastfeeding than to have sickly child built on synthetic supplements.

I find it confusing to hear you women feel pain when your tip is touched .

*rushes to my girlfriend to say I'm sorry*
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
is that suffering? Lol! I need her to raise a healthy child for us. It's better to endure the pain of breastfeeding than to have sickly child built on synthetic supplements.

I find it confusing to hear you women feel pain when your tip is touched .

*rushes to my girlfriend to say I'm sorry*

Wel, The Decisn Wnt Be Urs Alone To Make Guy Okay?
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
LecciGucci:
Hmm v.kpekus tongue.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Read the rest of that verse, yes it is but not on compulsion.... My daughter stoped by herself when she was around a YEAR, 4 MONTHS.. i was even telling her mum to continue breastfeeding her until 2-year that I'll pay her but what can I do when the young lass stop by herself? WOMAN DEY TRY JAWE... I GIVE IT ALL TO U... MAY ALLAH CONTINUE TO HELP THE MOTHERS AND BLESS WE FATHERS TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM.

Cheering. Thanks We Are
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
airminem:

Wel, The Decisn Wnt Be Urs Alone To Make Guy Okay?
hmmmm...I'll just beg her and make the necessary provisions.
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by airminem(f): 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
hmmmm...I'll just beg her and make the necessary provisions.

Great. Always Listen To You Woman And You Wil Always Have A Smoth Ride Along. Thanks
Re: How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? by Theophinio(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
airminem:

Hmm Sorry Madam
But i would advise you to go back to what you have stopped doing
You can't compare a child that was well breastfed to the one who wasn't

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / 20 contemporary Ibibio Names And Their Meanings / Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.