Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. (615 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2009
psl. can any one contribute to thse questions?
1. does luck lead to success?
2. is it right to move with un-believers?
3. is it right to make everybody ur mentor especially un-believers?
4. how can a total teenager affect their soceity positively?
Re: 4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. by mavenbox: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
muyinice:

psl. can any one contribute to thse questions?
1. does luck lead to success?
2. is it right to move with un-believers?
3. is it right to make everybody your mentor especially un-believers?
4. how can a total teenager affect their soceity positively?

1. Luck? Good luck or bad luck?  tongue Personally I do not believe in luck. Luck happens only to those that believe in it: and the funny thing is when you believe in good luck, one day bad luck will lurk in the shadows of good luck. Bad luck can lead to success (do you recall Ayefele the musician?  grin ) and good luck is also reputed to lead to success (like those that win lotteries). Don't rely on luck, design your own destiny.

2. Is it right? YES! In fact, you need to move with unbelievers!!  grin If you don't, they will never know what they're missing  undecided  shocked

3. Please never make everybody your mentor: you will end up a confused and distraught human being!  tongue The only person that should be your mentor is someone that you want to end up like. You can have an unbeliever as a mentor for some things (although believers are considered a better bet since their overall perspectives will tally with yours), there's no harm in that. e.g. you can have an unbeliever as a financial mentor, or as a student you can have an unbeliever as an academic mentor, or something. It's like walking a very thin tightrope, you need to tread with care. But trust me, there's a lot to learn from the unbeliever as well. Especially on nairaland  tongue

4. Start with one, two, or a few people, and it will gradually build up to the society. But remember, In war, it is often better to conquer a whole country than to own many tiny towns: parts and pieces of continents, scattered amongst many countries!
Re: 4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2009
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I REALLY APRICIATE UR CONTRIBUTIONS, BUT ONE THING I DISAGREE WITH IS DAT , U KNOW THE BIBLE SAYS THAT DONT MOVE WITH PEOPLE OF UN-EQUALLY YOKE, EVEN IN THE BOOK OF PSAML 1:1 MAKE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT IN THE SITE OF UN-BELIEVER , BELIEVER SHOULD NOT BE PRESENT THEIR because ON THE PROCESS OF EXCHANGING WORLDS WITH THEM U MIGHT LIKELY B OVER-WHELM
, NOTE DAT IS A COMENT I AM MAKING U CAN LIKELY QUOTE ME
THANKS.
Re: 4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. by tiatma: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
muyinice:

Pls can any one contribute to these questions?

1. Does luck lead to success?
2. Is it right to move with un-believers?
3. Is it right to make everybody your mentor especially un-believers?
4. How can a total teenager affect their society positively?

@Muyinice

- this is keeping it short and simple

1) Does luck lead to success?

>>

There is no reference to luck in the scriptures (i.e. There is no bible verse mentioning luck, good luck or bad luck) so No, luck does not lead to success

As a matter of fact  FAVOUR (i.e. help, aid, act of kindness, good deed/turn, support etc) in umpteen times, is the closest to LUCK that you would find in the Bible.

While we're on the term FAVOUR, recognise that the FAVOUR of God leads to good SUCCESS

Food for thought, apparently according to Joshua 1:9 there is good success, so if there is good success, there is bound to be bad or evil success

Joshua 1:7-9 (King James Version):

7Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have [size=14pt]good success [/size]

Nonetheless the Bible reveals that things happen solely as a result of either the will of God, the will of God and human will or the will of Satan and the human will.

3 John 1:2 encapsulates the essence of complete and good success, which is why it is one of the favourite verses I quote when wishing someone well, it says,

3 John 1:2 (King James Version):

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

2) Is it right to move with un-believers?

>>

GOD came to Earth because of unbelievers. He moved and dined with them without sinning so why the foot shuffling or hesitance.

The below scripture references should illuminate further

Romans 12:1-2 (King James Version):

1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Matthew 5:13-16 (King James Version):

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

3) Is it right to make everybody your mentor especially un-believers?

>>

No, no, no, No. Not everybody, the litmus test is their fruits, character and right standing with God.

Use these three indicators (i.e. fruits, character and right standing with God) to prompt a decision

Note that right standing with God implies simultaneously doing the right thing, at the right time whilst been on God's right hand side

Matthew 7:15-18, 20 (King James Version):

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2 Corinthians 11:13-14 (King James Version):

13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
  14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

4) How can a total teenager affect their society positively?

>>

You accomplish this simply by been about the Father's business

These verses should illuminate further

Luke 2:49 (King James Version):

And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Matthew 25:34-40 (King James Version):

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Re: 4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. by mavenbox: 12:17am On Nov 26, 2009
@muyinice: Even Jesus moved with them. If you don't move with unbelievers how will they hear the truth? undecided
Re: 4 Questions Needed Contributors Pls. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
mavenbox:

@muyinice: Even Jesus moved with them. If you don't move with unbelievers how will they hear the truth? undecided
, WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID,
MAVENBOX I REALLY APRICIATE UR CMMENT, WELL DONE
THANKS, U REALLY IMPRESS ME WITH UR WORDS AND QUOTE U AR BLESSED. HERE IS MY NO. 2 TALK FULTHER 08080593951

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You / Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications / Transhumanism And The Future Of Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.