Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office (20632 Views)

Nigerian Police Raids Premium Times' Abuja Office / Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Ties With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office / Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by gawu1: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
A bigger dunce is currently in Aso Rock.

He buckles easily under pressure because he is a dulllard.

Buhari is worst than a used pad
If Buhari is worst than a used pad, what then are those that Buhari is leading, including your father? Worst than what a pad is used for, I concurred.
For God sake, Buhari is not responsible for the miserable life you are living. Rather, I advise that you go back to village and confront that thing you know as your father for years now why he couldn't train you to live a life befitting of normal human being. I guess he may have the courage now to let you know that you were actually picked from a factory and that he only is a supposed father to you.
Pray that one day a generation from you achieves an atom weight of a Buhari life achievements. It's never a curse but natural truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by gawu1: 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
Gten:
I think the Minister of foreign affairs got this wrong. The issue of Taiwan is the bone of contention between USA and China, it is unwise to take a stand at this point. As the minister, diplomatic ways to stall such action would have been better. Don't forget we have Nigerians hustling in Taiwan, and surely there would be a reaction.
Some have said the coming of Trump ends Buhari administration's romance with USA. Therefore, isn't it better if Buhari take to china as alternative? When a known bully prepares attack on you, prepare your own defence, curbs the impact. Simple!
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by naptu2: 2:55am On Jan 13, 2017
Nigeria severed diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 1971! The Nigerian government then established diplomatic relations with the Peoples Republic of China in February 1971 and General Gowon visited Beijing in 1974. Nigeria has not reestablished diplomatic relations with Taiwan since then.

Taiwan established a trade and cultural office in Lagos in 1991. It was moved to Abuja in 2001. That office has been passing itself off as an embassy since c2013, despite the fact that there is no diplomatic relations between Nigeria and Taiwan.

The Chinese government protested the activities of the Taiwan Trade Office to the Nigerian Government in 2016, but the Nigerian Government replied that the trade office is not an embassy.

The Nigerian Government has now ordered the Taiwanese to move their trade office to Lagos to make the distinction clear.

(Most countries of the world operate a similar system. Eg, the US does not have an embassy in Taiwan, neither does Taiwan have an embassy in the US. The US broke off diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 1980.

The US has a trade office in Taiwan and Taiwan has a trade office in the US).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by dvee2: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

This is really ridiculous. If you believe a leader that stood against US backed EU EPA package will be pressured by Isreal, then you will believe anything.

Why do u think Obama who openly supported Jonathan 2011 election bid, later fell out with the man.

Jonathan fell out with Obama after rejecting this EPA just like Analysts predicted.

If you think Jonathan voted NO cause of Benji, then you are on a long thing. Pro-Isreal is part of Jonathan FP and will vote NO, over and over again.

Since 2010 Jonathan had been running a strong Pro-Isreal FP, before that vote had been in Isreal twice, the strengthen bi-lateral relations led to the signing of an agreement to allow direct flight bw Abuja and Tel Aviv, in 2011 after the UN building bombing Isreali security were deployed to manage security at the State house temporarily.

We voted against Isreal not as a result of any fvcking pressure, but rather a friendly relationship with them. Next time you want to lie, gather small kids and the zombies.

Jonathan is an Ijaw man. No fvcking leading dictates to him.

All this ijaw/ IPOB conspiracy theory of Obama and the "ineffectual buffoon " is giving too much credit to a none entity. Obama or US did not fell out or attach any importance to your hero. All they are after is a free and fair election regardless of who won. GEJ lost the election fair and square. He will loose again if he comes back period. Stop blaming Obama or America.
Finally on the UN vote, u have displayed poor knowledge about international relations and diplomacy, therefore would rather prefer u Google and read a bit before coming back to tell me about GEJ single handedly taking last minute decision to change nigerias vote on palestine. Pro isreal ko, pro isreal ni
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by OFFICIAL336: 8:41am On Jan 13, 2017
dvee2:

All this ijaw/ IPOB conspiracy theory of Obama and the "ineffectual buffoon " is giving too much credit to a none entity. Obama or US did not fell out or attach any importance to your hero. All they are after is a free and fair election regardless of who won. GEJ lost the election fair and square. He will loose again if he comes back period. Stop blaming Obama or America.
Finally on the UN vote, u have displayed poor knowledge about international relations and diplomacy, therefore would rather prefer u Google and read a bit before coming back to tell me about GEJ single handedly taking last minute decision to change nigerias vote on palestine. Pro isreal ko, pro isreal ni
sometimes I wonder the kinds of graduate our universities are producing this time around. Stop embarrassing us as a Nation.

If you think Obama didn't influence our election. Am sorry for you. This is the same man that openly endorsed Jonathan in 2011. GEJ fell out with him 'cause of the EPA.

Jonathan ran a Pro-Isreal foreign policy since 2010. If you think Jonathan as a Christian, Nigerian Christian for that matter will vote against Isreal in UN, then u are beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by dvee2: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

sometimes I wonder the kinds of graduate our universities are producing this time around. Stop embarrassing us as a Nation.

If you think Obama didn't influence our election. Am sorry for you. This is the same man that openly endorsed Jonathan in 2011. GEJ fell out with him 'cause of the EPA.

Jonathan ran a Pro-Isreal foreign policy since 2010. If you think Jonathan as a Christian, Nigerian Christian for that matter will vote against Isreal in UN, then u are beyond redemption.

LOL look at all these small brains being paid per post? For the umpteenth time Nigeria is a secular country and it's international policy is not decided by the religious affiliation of the president. OMG, these children never read or use their IQ. Smh
The fact that u conclude that GEJ took decision about Nigeria base on his religious affiliation alone is enough indictment on the Retardeen.
And look at yourself and read your write ups and compare to mine,then question my education again. grin
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by OFFICIAL336: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2017
dvee2:

LOL look at all these small brains being paid per post? For the umpteenth time Nigeria is a secular country and it's international policy is not decided by the religious affiliation of the president. OMG, these children never read or use their IQ. Smh
Please wake up. Its past dream time.

Jonathan pursued a Pro-Isreal policy, Buhari is pursuing a Pro-Palestine policy. Sorry, Religion affects our FP with Isreal.

Read the extract below:
...another important factor also considered was the religious point of view back home, with many Nigerian Muslims supporting Palestine, while there is a Christianity affiliation between Nigeria and Israel.
http://www.post-nigeria.com/nigeria-pulls-last-minute-surprise-to-block-palestinian-un-resolution-israels-netanyahu-hails-jonathan/
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by dvee2: 9:28am On Jan 13, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Please wake up. Its past dream time.

Jonathan pursued a Pro-Isreal policy, Buhari is pursuing a Pro-Palestine policy. Sorry, Religion affects our FP with Isreal.

Read the extract below:
...another important factor also considered was the religious point of view back home, with many Nigerian Muslims supporting Palestine, while there is a Christianity affiliation between Nigeria and Israel.
http://www.post-nigeria.com/nigeria-pulls-last-minute-surprise-to-block-palestinian-un-resolution-israels-netanyahu-hails-jonathan/

I give up, you are intellectually deficient for me to waste time educating. On one hand you said Buhari is wrong for taking a purely technical and proactive stance against Taiwan. On the other hand u said GEJ is right to take a religious stance on Palestine and isreal. That's bigotry of the highest dimension.
Nigeria has been following the none align policy on international diplomacy for decades before your Retardeen was born. What we are saying that his vote was a departure from the past base solely on Nathanyahu pressure and probably his religious leaning which is wrong.
All none align nations supports the Palestinian state creation including Christian nations , so Buhari may not be out of line if he supports the Palestinian cause. Go back to school please
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by OFFICIAL336: 9:42am On Jan 13, 2017
dvee2:

I give up, you are intellectually deficient for me to waste time educating. On one hand you said Buhari is wrong for taking a purely technical and proactive stance against Taiwan. On the other hand u said GEJ is right to take a religious stance on Palestine and isreal. That's bigotry of the highest dimension
U said Isreal pressured Jonathan through phone call to abstain from voting. I pointed it out to you that Jonathan abstained because of his relations with Isreal, not because of any silly phone call. I made it clear to you that with or without any phone call, Jonathan will never support Palestine because of Pro-Isreal sentiment among Christians of Southern Nigeria.

In your ignorance you stated that our int'l politics is never affected by religion which I disagreed by providing an extract.

My position still remains the same, our FP with Isreal is influenced by religion of the person in power.

Insults doesn't make you look intelligent.
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by dvee2: 9:51am On Jan 13, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

U said Isreal pressured Jonathan through phone call to abstain from voting. I pointed it out to you that Jonathan abstained because of his relations with Isreal, not because of any silly phone call. I made it clear to you that with or without any phone call, Jonathan will never support Palestine because of Pro-Isreal sentiment among Christians of Southern Nigeria.

In your ignorance you stated that our int'l politics is never affected by religion which I disagreed by providing an extract.

My position still remains the same, our FP with Isreal is influenced by religion of the person in power.

Insults doesn't make you look intelligent.
France and South Africa that voted yes are Christian nations according to you?
Of course Religion affected the basis of GEJ decision,that aught not to be so,that was the basis of the argument in the first place. I challenged the outcry concerning Buharis proactive stance towards Taiwan and lack of it when GEJ took a religious stance. Yet u supported the fact that GEJ took a religious stance with no benefit to Nigeria at the end
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by Noneroone(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
dvee2:

At the UN, all the none align nations including Nigeria agreed to vote for palestine just for President Goodluck Jonathan at the 11th hour received a phone call from Prime minister Nathanyahu who pressured GEJ to change nigerias vote to NO. The whole None align countries including south Africa were disappointed with Nigerias treacherous change. What did GEJ get in return? Nothing but a trip to Jerusalem. What a whimp of a leader. At least Buhari got 40 billion dollars worth of investment including a modern standard Guage line that will pass through your villages. Mumus
buhari got already? Really?
Re: Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office by dvee2: 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
Noneroone:
buhari got already? Really?

Yep signed, sealed and soon to be delivered. Watch this space

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: PDP Reconciliation Committee Led By Wike Meets With James Ibori (video) / Igbo Muslim Leader, Kabir Orjiegbulam Accused IPOB Of Threatening Him On Phone / Election Tribunal: How Aides, Lawyers Scammed Atiku – Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.