Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting (1790 Views)

Is This An Offer Letter Or A Threat / Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave / Job Without Offer Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 12, 2017
Hello Fellow Nairalanders, I was sent an interview invite in November and the Interview took place in December, I was called on Monday that I was successful at the Interview that can I resume next Monday and I said yes but offer letter first, Now they want me to Meet the MD before the offer letter given to me, what should I be expecting, please I need a comment and advice from a sound IT/Network Administrator. Thanks.
Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by kilonso001(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2017
What the MD will be asking you might not be technical questions really. He just wants to be sure you are capable of what you said you are going to do.

Be confident while in his presence and dont feel intimidated by his position. Tell him what you can do and what you cant do.

If eventually he asks you any technical questions, answer them to the best of your knowledge and lastly dont try to argue with him.

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 12, 2017
kilonso001:
What the MD will be asking you might not be technical questions really. He just wants to be sure you are capable of what you said you are going to do.

Be confident while in his presence and dont feel intimidated by his position. Tell him what you can do and what you cant do.

If eventually he asks you any technical questions, answer them to the best of your knowledge and lastly dont try to argue with him.

Best of luck

Thanks
Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by laribari(m): 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
sir09:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders, I was sent an interview invite in November and the Interview took place in December, I was called on Monday that I was successful at the Interview that can I resume next Monday and I said yes but offer letter first, Now they want me to Meet the MD before the offer letter given to me, what should I be expecting, please I need a comment and advice from a sound IT/Network Administrator. Thanks.

I remember my former MD usually do it. If you write test and you pass, then you move to oral interview section that same day and once you are picked, you will eventually meet the MD who has the final say. He can either maintain you or drop you at that point pending on your response to his questions.

I'm talking about sales job in a big time multinational firm here in Lagos. He asked very simple but technical question outside sales like.

100/9 is what? What is 5% of 40 and stuff like that.
All our MDs are usual white men, so I remember a particular case.
He was asking one of my colleague this plus this is what, the guy was just throwing near figures (becos u don't even have time to calculate), my friend kept throwing figures.. hahahaha! Eventually he was taken so we realized it's not about the answer per say but how smart and agile you are cos it's a sales job.

However, the guy that scored the highest during written test was asked 0% of 100 is what? He didn't say anything cos he was panicking and under pressure of being face to face with the MD, he was dropped there. He didn't get the job.

So just be composed and give an answer for everything he will ask you. Don't say you don't know or you are not sure. Make sure you make him feel like you have an idea of everything. U don't have to know everything as you will learn a lot of the job, but just have an idea.

The last set of guys they employed on my team that met with this particular MD before anoda MD took over didn't undergo any questioning. It depends on the MD's mood I guess.

Just be compose because they are trusting some aspect of the business in your hand, so composure is key.

He was just telling them what to expect concerning sales in Lagos market and what the management expects from them and he was also concerned with size too (fatness), so he wants to see you physically. Na hustling Job. So it depends. Meeting the MD might just be to congratulate you!

When I did my interview the MD wasn't in the country then, so I didn't go through him. grin

3 Likes

Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by ineco(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
Your appearance and little questkions, so dress well and be compose
Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by BlueRayDick: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Just be confident and be cheerful. There's nothing he wants to ask that the hiring personnel have not asked u. Am sure he just wants to chat u up, that's all. Best of luck
Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by dingbang(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Tell d murrafvcker u are awesome

1 Like

Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by nmreports: 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
I guess it's fine now

1 Like

Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks to u all....really appreciate....he didnt ask me anything than to congratulate me and plead for not giving me enough time.....Offer letter gotten with Amazing package.

1 Like

Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by BlueRayDick: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
sir09:
Thanks to u all....really appreciate....he didnt ask me anything than to congratulate me and plead for not giving me enough time.....Offer letter gotten with Amazing package.

Congratulobia.......Go there and show them the stuff u are made off. see u after 6 months with ur confirmation letter. cool
Re: Was Called To Meet The MD Before Offer Letter What Should I Be Expecting by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
sir09:
gee

(1) (Reply)

FEBRUARY 2017...ongoing Recruitment At Oceanblue Energy & Industrial Services / Sn Limited Invite / Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.