Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu (18400 Views)

Lekan Fatodu Leads Anti-Fake News Protesters To Sahara Reporters Office (Photos) / "Omoyele Sowore Demanded Bribe From Saraki" - Dino Melaye Claims / Lekan Fatodu Got Sowore Omoyele Arrested (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by auntysimbiat(f): 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
[img]http://1.bp..com/-HcSbMXsthhM/WHeUllu_AjI/AAAAAAAAAwU/S1yvAhZtEO89mD1ELfqXryLcI_rWMucFwCLcB/s640/Lekan-Fatodu.png[/img]

Fatodu: I will meet Sowore in court… I have evidence of blackmail

Lekan Fatodu, the UK-based journalist who accused Omoyele Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters, of criminal defamation, says he has nothing personal against him but they must meet in court.

Describing the owner of the news website as his friend of over 20 years, Fatodu said both of them fell out after he refused to give in to Sowore’s demand of a N100 million bribe.

Fatodu said he got a contract from the office of Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA), which he delivered and the federal government was satisfied, but Sowore demanded his own cut from the deal.

The online publisher denied the allegation, saying he had never taken bribe, and could not even solicit such from someone like Fatodu.

“This is someone I bought a ticket for to get out of this country. I was the first person that bought him ticket to leave this country. If I want bribe, it won’t be from him,” he told TheCable.

“Jonathan was there distributing money like water and they would have loved to give me, but I didn’t collect. If I was president of the University of Lagos students’ union and I didn’t take bribe, if I have been doing Sahara Reporters for 10 years without taking bribe, why will I take bribe from him?”

But Fatodu said he had compelling evidence against his estranged friend, and he had made up his mind on suing him to court.

“I am charging Sowore to court, I am pushing a criminal case, a threat to my life, and I am doing it today. I have compelling evidence against him. I have known Sowore for almost 20 years. He demanded N100 million from me from a fictitious N500 million contract from the office of the former national security adviser (NSA),” he told TheCable.

“I did a contract with the ex-NSA in 2014, and my name has not been put out for committing any crime in the course of the contract. I delivered the contract, and the NSA office was satisfied.

“So, for Sowore who is always looking for someone to rubbish to come after me is strange. This is a man I helped when he was begging for assistance, and I have evidence. I have pushed him to where he is, so he should allow me live my life.

“I have never heard that it is a crime to have a contract with government, inasmuch as you deliver what you have been given money for and you do it legitimately.

“There is no reason why he should come after me. He started calling me in 2016, asking for a cut. He said the federal government had asked people to appear before a verification committee on contracts, but the government only listed companies and not individuals.

“I don’t have anything to hide. My refusal to give in to Sowore’s selfish demand made him to malign me and also issue a threat. I have a recording where Sowore said his bank account is bigger than mine. He has been doing this to a lot of people, but today is his day.

“I have nothing personal against him; Sowore is my friend, but I have to defend my rights. Some people are saying it is a civil case, and it doesn’t warrant police intervention. Threat to life is not a civil case, it is a criminal offence.”

Fatodu said the only condition for not going to court was for Sowore to tender an apology.

“He needs to tender an apology over his dubious story before I can consider settling any issue. That is how it is done in any decent society,” he said.

Told to react to the allegation that he was acting on behalf of aggrieved politicians whose deeds had been exposed by the activist-journalist, Fatodu said: “This is strictly between us. I am not fighting on anyone’s behalf. I am just out to defend my rights. This is a threat to my life here.”

But Sowore said there was a grand conspiracy against him, and that he was prepared to go any mile to defend himself.

He accused the police of taking sides with his accuser.

“I was physically attacked by this guy and the police was called. When we got to the police station, they changed the story,” he said.

“The commissioner of police said he had a petition against me. And I was furious, because here was a guy who nearly killed me. That’s the story, not the red herring that I demanded money.

“This problem started in January 2016 when I wrote a story on him being a front for Femi Fani-Kayode. He came and even sent people to beg me to take the story down, but I said I don’t take stories on my website down because I have evidence.

“He then moved to threat, but if he has evidence that I demanded money from him, wouldn’t he have put the information out there? What has he been waiting for since January 2016? I do not demand bribe to do stories, I did not demand a kobo from him, never. Why didn’t he give you the evidence?”

Sowore said he was aware that a governor had called Fatodu to congratulate him on the latest development, but he was not worried.

“I am an activist, activism is what I do. People can hate me or love me for it. That’s what I do. I am not afraid. I heard that a governor has called to congratulate him,” he said.

“If you see the story they were pushing out yesterday, you will know that this is a serious conspiracy. Even the statement released by the police…. I love this country so much. I know there are a lot of people working behind the scene, but I am not afraid.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fatodu-sowore-demanded-a-n100m-bribe-from-me-and-i-have-evidence

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by auntysimbiat(f): 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
WATCH SOWORE SPEAKS ABOUT THE WHOLE THING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKakHZ_bPqc

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by maslong(m): 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
SOwere time is up for you.
every day na for thief one day for the owner of the house.
you better learn how not to dare a dictator's wife.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Splinz(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
“I am charging Sowore to court, I am pushing a criminal case, a threat to my life, and I am doing it today. I have compelling evidence against him. I have known Sowore for almost 20 years. He demanded N100 million from me from a fictitious N500 million contract from the office of the former national security adviser (NSA).

“I don’t have anything to hide. My refusal to give in to Sowore’s selfish demand made him to malign me and also issue a threat. I have a recording where Sowore said his bank account is bigger than mine. He has been doing this to a lot of people, but today is his day.

We've always known that Sowore of a boy to be a criminally minded individual who goes about extorting money from people. And if you refused, he maligned your image through his fictitious stories!

Jail the criminal!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is the truth: both of 'em are lying

7 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by felicitywe(m): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-HcSbMXsthhM/WHeUllu_AjI/AAAAAAAAAwU/S1yvAhZtEO89mD1ELfqXryLcI_rWMucFwCLcB/s640/Lekan-Fatodu.png[/img]

Uk -based Nigerian journalist, Lekan Fatodu who facilitated the arrest of Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore says he would take him to court for criminal defamation.

Speaking with The Cable, Fatodu said he fell out with Sowore a friend of 20 years when he demanded N100m bribe from him.

“I am charging Sowore to court, I am pushing a criminal case, a threat to my life, and I am doing it today. I have compelling evidence against him. I have known Sowore for almost 20 years. He demanded N100 million from me from a fictitious N500 million contract from the office of the former national security adviser (NSA).

“I did a contract with the ex-NSA in 2014, and my name has not been put out for committing any crime in the course of the contract. I delivered the contract, and the NSA office was satisfied.

“So, for Sowore who is always looking for someone to rubbish to come after me is strange. This is a man I helped when he was begging for assistance, and I have evidence. I have pushed him to where he is, so he should allow me live my life.

“I have never heard that it is a crime to have a contract with government, inasmuch as you deliver what you have been given money for and you do it legitimately.

“There is no reason why he should come after me. He started calling me in 2016, asking for a cut. He said the federal government had asked people to appear before a verification committee on contracts, but the government only listed companies and not individuals.

“I have nothing personal against him; Sowore is my friend, but I have to defend my rights. Some people are saying it is a civil case, and it doesn’t warrant police intervention. Threat to life is not a civil case, it is a criminal offence.”

Fatodu said Sowore has to tender an unreserved apology before he can consider listening to him.

“He needs to tender an apology over his dubious story before I can consider settling any issue. That is how it is done in any decent society,” he said.

On his part, Sowore said he had never taken bribe from anyone, not even Fatodu.

“This is someone I bought a ticket for to get out of this country. I was the first person that bought him ticket to leave this country. If I want bribe, it won’t be from him.

“Jonathan was there distributing money like water and they would have loved to give me, but I didn’t collect. If I was president of the University of Lagos students’ union and I didn’t take bribe, if I have been doing Sahara Reporters for 10 years without taking bribe, why will I take bribe from him?” he asked.

cc lalasticlala seun

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/sowore-demanded-n100m-from-me-lekan.html
These were d questions i asked in one of d thread.Thank God d guys r speaking out.Unfortunately those dat stay in glass house shud nt throw stones.Sowore has been accused of collectn bribe so he must prove himself nt guilty.

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by felicitywe(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
auntysimbiat:

Uk -based Nigerian journalist, Lekan Fatodu who facilitated the arrest of Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore says he would take him to court for criminal defamation.

Speaking with The Cable, Fatodu said he fell out with Sowore a friend of 20 years when he demanded N100m bribe from him.

Fatodu said Sowore has to tender an unreserved apology before he can consider listening to him.

On his part, Sowore said he had never taken bribe from anyone, not even Fatodu.

“This is someone I bought a ticket for to get out of this country. I was the first person that bought him ticket to leave this country. If I want bribe, it won’t be from him.

“Jonathan was there distributing money like water and they would have loved to give me, but I didn’t collect. If I was president of the University of Lagos students’ union and I didn’t take bribe, if I have been doing Sahara Reporters for 10 years without taking bribe, why will I take bribe from him?” he asked.

cc lalasticlala seun

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/sowore-demanded-n100m-from-me-lekan.html
These were d questions i asked in one of d thread.Thank God d guys r speaking out.Unfortunately those dat stay in glass house shud nt throw stones.Sowore is also corrupt.Nawa for naija ppl.Theif ful everywhere.D guy d sharp,instead of explaining he dragged GEJ into d issue.Omo ole gidi!

9 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by momentarylapse: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
Seriously searching for a _fuck to give!

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Khohen: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sowore and Linda Ikeji are living on dubious politicians and unfaithful powerful wealthy General Overseers.
It's baffles when when I hear Sowore said he has never taken bribe but most people in Delta state govt under Uduaghan knows how the blackmailing online reporter milked the Governor just to cover the man's atrocities and looting spree.
Well, there is a proverb in my place "Na thief dey use him hand swear the swear when go kill am"

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by amiibaby(f): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by amiibaby(f): 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
Okay NEXT
Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
"Jonathan was there distributing money like water".... cry cry cry cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
AISHA

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Koolking(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
Damn! Looks like SR has bitten more than it can chew

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by sakalisis(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Okay
Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Chidexter(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Janelle07(f): 4:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
Abeg make una settle una quarrel....una Don Belle full Nigerians are Hungry.... make una no disturb us abeg.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Yorubaangel(m): 4:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
They have finally get this guy....
Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by donfemo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
I hope Lekan Fatodu and Omoyele Sowore of Sahara Reporters are able to resolve their sharp disagreement through alternative channels than going to court. They are two gentlemen that are beloved and well respected by me.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
IstandwithSOWORE. If he was truly guilty, he would have been arrested properly. The government think say na unlearned fellow them wan arrest abi?

Aisha your plan failed.

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by olasmith10(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Immediately I saw Dasuki Sambo in d story , I became sure he ( Fatodu) has skeleton in his cupboard... Let him present his evidence against Sowore in court!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by ibadanfinest(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
felicitywe:
These were d questions i asked in one of d thread.Thank God d guys r speaking out.Unfortunately those dat stay in glass house shud nt throw stones.Sowore has been accused of collectn bribe so he must prove himself nt guilty.

it is either u are ignorant or ur hate for sowore has caused recession to your thinking. If fatodu accuses sowore of taking bribe. fatodu will have to provide evidence not the other way round. I hope u learn sth today sir.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by HarveySpecter1: 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Jail the miscreant
Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by KahlDrogo(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Yorubaangel:
They have finally get this guy....
He's seen far worse and came out unscathed. This too will blow over. SR is here to stay.

15 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by idupaul: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
So they used to be on the same extortion team before Fatodu went to take bribe in the name of contract from Dasuki...Okay oooo

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by AJJ17(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Splinz:

We've always known that Sowore of a boy to be a criminally minded individual who goes about extorting money from people. And if you refused, he maligned your image through his fictitious stories!

Jail the criminal!

Please speak for yourself and use the word "I" and not "We"....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by bkool7(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Enough said .

lets go to court . But i trust the investigators at SR , theyll look for every incriminating évidence to nail this dude .

10 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Papasmal(m): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mr sowore e don colour red for u...

You've tampered with 'Za Oza Room'.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by Kx: 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
If your friend/family does not give u up, no one will.

See Judas Iscariot v The Messiah.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by nonjebose(m): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
felicitywe:
I think that it is the other way round. The onus lies on the accuser to substantiate his claim

5 Likes

Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by arabbunkum: 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Recession is the cause. Help him.
Re: Sowore Demanded N100m From Me – Lekan Fatodu by AJJ17(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
momentarylapse:

Seriously searching for a _fuck to give!
This 'Bleep" thing is becoming stale and dry pls.... cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Installed As The Chancellor Of PAMO University Rivers State / "Ikpeazu Bought Uche Ogah's APC Governorship Form" - Prince Apugo / Plateau Attacks: Lalong Incapacitated, Can’t Order Security Agencies – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.