Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse (1223 Views)

Excel Databse Error / Upload To Playstore / Pls How Do I Send Fingerprint Image Directly To Database Without File Upload? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by Geesanni: 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
PLS AM A JAVA DEVELOPER USING JAVA SERVLET.I CAN UPLOAD ALL TYPE OF FILE TO DATABASE IN JAVA SERVLET.BUT I KEPT HAVING NULL POINTER EXCEPTION IN DOING SO FOR EXCEL.PLS CAN ANY SENIOR DEVELOPER HELP ME OUT WITH SAVING EXCEL FILE TO DATABASE IN JAVA SERVLET.
Re: Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by elfico(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
I don't know about Java, but I would suggest uploading the files to a folder rather than saving to a database.
Re: Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by LordRahl001: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
At you uploading the files or th file content?? There's actually a distinction between d 2 anyways!! So maybe if u clarify, we can discuss further... am also a newbie too so we can surely rub off.
Re: Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by Geesanni: 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
AM UPLOADING THE FILE CONTENT.
LordRahl001:
At you uploading the files or th file content?? There's actually a distinction between d 2 anyways!! So maybe if u clarify, we can discuss further... am also a newbie too so we can surely rub off.
Re: Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by imustsaymymindo: 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
Don't know if you want to convert the excel file to a database or you want to save a link to your excel file in your database. Please clarify and specify the database you are using. If working with mysql as database using phpmyadmin as the visual tool, your best bet is to save the excel file as a.csv file, then import it into phpmyadmin after the database has been created. Same goes for mysql workbench and every other visual tool. After that, create a database connection using your jsp page
Re: Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by severus(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello, I am looking for a tutor who can create video and textual tutorials for our Online Technology School to join our team. You need to have good level of experience with multiple programming languages (for e.g Java, HTML5/CSS3, Javascript, python, ruby, C#, c++ and more) and are comfortable making videos of your teaching work. Kindly contact me via email ndukaude@gmail.com or whatsapp 08166459353 to get in.

See you soon, let's build a company together.
Re: Pls Developer Help Me To Solve This Excel File Upload To Databse by LordRahl001: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
Geesanni:
AM UPLOADING THE FILE CONTENT.
Boss. I don't know if u have tried it earlier bu seems apache POI is the way to go, I will also try it out myself!! Been a while I wrote Java tho... but will try it out and get back to u....

(1) (Reply)

I Am Looking For A Programmer / 5 Reasons Why Java Is The Best Programming Language / Differences Between Web Dev And Dev Ops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.