Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Moving To Singapore - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Singapore (23554 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving To Singapore by Sgean: 11:05am On Feb 20, 2008
@deemax

http://travellers-advisory..com/
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/home.html

I came across this blog which offers advice to those who intend to move to Sg or M'sia. Hope they can help to answer your queries. The other URL link is the address for the ministry of manpower in Singapore. Salary-wise, I'm not sure jaare but I know those in the Maritime Industry earn a good pay. The minimum salary a Masters degree holder earns is about SGD3300 and this year job seekers can expect higher starting salary due to better economy.
Re: Moving To Singapore by goodguy100(m): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hi sgean, please can you tell how easy for unskilled workers to get a permit [ work permit] .

Thanks
Re: Moving To Singapore by Sgean: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2008
@goodguy100

Hi, it would be easy if you have found yourself a registered company in Singapore which is ready to employ you so that they will be the one preparing the necessary paperwork. Also could you tell me your minimum academic qualification so that I could confirm if you fit the category of unskilled worker? You may wish to send your detail at my personal email cons.nikki@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Moving To Singapore by uchem74: 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2008
Sgean,

Please, how will you assist me in get job in singapore. I want to live and work there. Presently, i am Malaysia as a student. I want someone to get job for me there, before i start moving in to singapore. What will it cost me to get unskilled job in singapore. How will you asist me for working permit and residence permit in your country. I need any type of work there now, in order to complete my postgraduate studies in malaysia. Contact me through my email id; rariguzo@yahoo.com ,
Re: Moving To Singapore by hedges007(m): 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2008
I think Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and south Korea are some eastern parts of Asia, good for crime-free Africans. I live in Malaysia, but currently in Singapore for the Yule tide, both countires are OK, clean and beautiful, they have buoyant economy as well. Currently, the exchange rate stands at,

1 Singapore Dollar = 94.64578 Nigerian Nara

1 Malaysian Ringgit = 39.53299 Nigerian Nara

1 US Dollar = 3.49028 Malaysian Ringgit

1 US Dollar = 1.45130 Singapore Dollar

Getting to Singapore from Naija does not call for Visa.
But coming to Malaysia, one needs to get to Malaysian Embassy in Maitama, Abuja for Visa.

The independence of Malaysia is different from much of the independence of other countries. What makes it so different? It is a peaceful independence achieved by holding talks with the British. No other country has ever done that before Malaysia. Addtionally, the Malaysian independence was realised by three people with different culture and religion. It is amazing how independence was gained that way. On the glorious day of 31 August 1957, Allahyarham Tunku Abdul Rahman proudly declared the independence of Malaya (now Malaysia) by shouting out “Merdeka” seven times at the Merdeka Stadium.

Though Malaysia is in  class of developing Nation, but its quite amazing how rapid its getting developed, though with little resources to manage, They have come far and wide, in no distance from now, may over take or be in measure with some and or most developed European countries. Malaysia, share so many similarities with Singapore and South Korea, they are technologically inclined, cameras almost everywhere, they produce their own brand of cars, and every single motor-able road is tied even in remote areas. Though with diverse kind of tribes, most still chose English as second and official Language, Happy and friendly people all around. Crime rate is a bit low except in the Capital city (KL) though still under control.They have well managed and efficient communication system, Well maintained and state-of the-art airports. For2 consecutive years,Kualar Lumpur Airport remain the best Airport in the world (2005, 2006) Asia and world leading airport hotel (2008).

www.world-airport-codes.com/Malaysia/kuala-lumpur-international-airport-(klia)-8435.html -
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_Lumpur_International_Airport - 181k
www.airports.org/cda/aci_common/display/main/aci_content07_c.jsp?zn=aci&cp=1-7-46%5E21375_666_2__ - 36k

They also have well equipped Military force (Police in particular). As far as i'm concerned, i can also say there are less cases of racism.
One thing is that, they have some villages too full of gangsters. You dare not misbehave in their local clubs around.

I have helped some few colleagues to come over to Malaysia, but on student visa only. I do help students who wish to study in Malaysia, One thing is that, I'm not into recruiting people for work or labour, so i don't promise or quarantee anyone coming, though some might be fortunate sha, in Kuching you hardly find work, but in Kualar lumpur, guys are there hustling, but not easy anyway.Their are foregin schools from Australia, UK, New zealand etc, having their campuses in Malaysia. Some colleges around where i live, do collaborate with schools from UK, Australia etc, to offer affiliated programmes here. Though some of those i have helped will come and  later cut out to European or other Asian countries depending on their personal financial status and reasons.
Living expenses in Malaysia is quite cheaper than most Asian countries. Most naija students here in Kuching , in group of 2-4, may decide to rent a whole building (Duplex) and pay less than $400 per month depending on terms and conditions, type of apartment and location. The payment is always shared among the group. But such is not the case in Kualar Lumpur (the capital), a bit expensive city in Malaysia.One can feed on less than RM20 per day, depending on you sha

Life in Singapore is even extra expensive, I knw of a family  that do leave Singapore to come Kualar lumpur (Malaysia) to do shopping not for any other thing, but the expenses.

Other Eastern Asian countires like Philippine, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos etc are not quite suitable for Naija guys sha. Though we have them there too, runnsing things there but are quite few in number. So much to say. ogunwairesoladele@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Moving To Singapore by uchem74: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2008
Hedges007, since you are in singapore now, i can you asssist me in moving to singapore, i want to go there. I need someone to give me a contact and other info. I live in malaysia as a student, but i would like to visit singapore. please can you drop your phone number for me to contact you.
Re: Moving To Singapore by hedges007(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2008
uchem74:

Hedges007, since you are in singapore now, i can you assist me in moving to singapore, i want to go there. I need someone to give me a contact and other info. I live in Malaysia as a student, but i would like to visit singapore. please can you drop your phone number for me to contact you.

@ uchem74

My guy, you don't need much stress to get to Singapore from Malaysia. If ur papers or documents from Naija are complete, genuine and valid, then all you need to do is book for ur hotel room reservation online (except u have someone there), then you can go on to buy ur ticket. On getting to their Airport, the immigration officers only need to see few documents from u, like, confirmation of ur hotel booking and so on. As per helping you get a Job, well, i'm so sorry, I'm not really into that at all and i can't promise such. I'm here in a friend's house (a girl) and any moment from now, i would leave for Malaysia. But in Malaysia, you can submit ur credential to companies online which i don't know if you are aware of or know how to do? that is the only way, i can assist you. Besides where in particular do you reside in Malaysia? If you are in Kualar Lumpur, then, i don't expect you to have much stress getting a job, coz a lot of guys there are hustling and schooling too. Well if na to talk to me sha,

Do take care,
Merry Christmas to you ! ! !
Re: Moving To Singapore by uchem74: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
Thank you for the information. I stay inside school (UTM ) at JOHOR.
What i do not know is that, if they will allow me to use my student pass get job at KL or do i need to get working permit before i could get job there. Do i still need visa to enter singapore.
Re: Moving To Singapore by hedges007(m): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
uchem74:

Thank you for the information. I stay inside school (UTM ) at JOHOR.
What i do not know is that, if they will allow me to use my student pass get job at KL or do i need to get working permit before i could get job there. Do i still need visa to enter singapore.

@ Uchem74

Like i wrote before, you dont need any Visa to get to Singapore, simply book ur hotel reservation and book ur flight as well. As per KL, its depends on what kind of job you want ( Skilled or unskilled). If you want it legal, then you need a work permit, its all depends on ur qualification anyway. Guys are in KL hustling only few might be with work permit.
Re: Moving To Singapore by moonraker(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2008
erm ok, just to chip in some nu info

was in SG for the christmas break. pls be advised that nigerian passport holders

do require a visa to visit. plus a confirmed hotel booking and air ticket.

its a very expensive place but if u knw yur way ard, its would be cheap.

it is clean, cleaner than japan. alot of rules to follow for eg, u have to stand in line for a taxi, Oh yes a taxi

yu cannot eat or drink at the train station (yu will be fined $500)

thats basically the long and short.

with regards to moving?? well, i think its a lit difficult now becos of the credit crunch.

peace
Re: Moving To Singapore by ujdaneils: 3:26am On Jan 23, 2011
candy:

@busman,
I will not advise you to migrate to Singapore or any other Southeast Asian country for that matter( unless you have a job that's taking you there).Singapore is a very small place with a population under 4.5million,they are so few and you can't hide .If you overstay your welcome,you are in DEEP excreta.

You'll definitely do better for yourself in Nigeria than migrating to any Southeast Asian country.They treat blacks(especially Nigerians) with such disrespect that you'll need a thick skin to survive.Plus,there are limited/no job opportunities in Asia for foreigners and that's why some people engage in bad things that take them to prison 'because they can't come back home.

Don't be deceived by the visa free stuff,I've had opportunity to work/visit these countries and I know what guys are going through.

I live in Malaysia ,the are just normal people having good and bad people ,we nigerians mess up a lot drinking and fighting in clubs all this irritates an average Malaysian and when the respond we complain. I live with my wife here no one has ever molested me even when in had police case.Just live a good and responsible life you will happy.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 6:25am On Jan 23, 2011
moonraker:

erm ok, just to chip in some nu info

was in SG for the christmas break. pls be advised that nigerian passport holders

do require a visa to visit. plus a confirmed hotel booking and air ticket.

its a very expensive place but if u knw yur way ard, its would be cheap.

it is clean, cleaner than japan. alot of rules to follow for eg, u have to stand in line for a taxi, Oh yes a taxi

yu cannot eat or drink at the train station (yu will be fined $500)

thats basically the long and short.

with regards to moving?? well, i think its a lit difficult now becos of the credit crunch.

peace

Those their fines can be damaging ooo considering how expensive the place is grin
Re: Moving To Singapore by cyphanet: 12:49pm On Jan 23, 2011
No place like home Inshort,
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2015
Of recent, Singapore requires visa
Re: Moving To Singapore by walexsho(m): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
closed ?
Re: Moving To Singapore by Vickitarose: 5:04pm On May 20, 2019
Hi sgeans thanks for the update, and your time
would appreciate if you, write me via whatsapp
+2347069357568
Thanks.
Re: Moving To Singapore by Vickitarose: 5:09pm On May 20, 2019
Hi sgean the email address is not correct,
I'm planning on a trip to Singapore
and would like to be enlightening
about some things. +2347069357568
Re: Moving To Singapore by Abekebabe: 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Vickitarose:
Hi sgean the email address is not correct,
I'm planning on a trip to Singapore
and would like to be enlightening
about some things. +2347069357568
hello , are you now in Singapore?
Re: Moving To Singapore by dare111: 6:26am On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=ujdaneils post=7585149] I live in Malaysia ,the are just normal people having good and bad people ,we nigerians mess up a lot drinking and fighting in clubs all this irritates an average Malaysian and when the respond we complain. I live with my wife here no one has ever molested me even when in had police case.Just live a good and responsible life you will happy.
Thanks you my brother
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hi keflipper.please I will like to know more about syngapore.like
1) do Nigeria still have Visa free with syngapore
2)can I get a company that employ me in syngapore even with my tourist visa or is it possible to change my tourist visa to employment Visa once I arrive syngapore.
Please you can chart me on 07081504126
Re: Moving To Singapore by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
Answer to your 1&2 questions are NO and Not possible.

SWIZBANKS:
Hi keflipper.please I will like to know more about syngapore.like
1) do Nigeria still have Visa free with syngapore
2)can I get a company that employ me in syngapore even with my tourist visa or is it possible to change my tourist visa to employment Visa once I arrive syngapore.
Please you can chart me on 07081504126

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident On Kaduna-Abuja Road Kills 12, Injures 25 / Japan Or Singapore / My Trip To Shere Hills, Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.