Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

My Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts (503 Views)

Four Quick Thoughts On The Zamfara Massacre By Farooq Kperogi / My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest / My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts by bencobenz(m): 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
just my thoughts...

I'm not a prolific writer though...

I'm one of those who advocated for change in the last election. But it's obvious that our leaders have failed the youth of this country. I'm sure we have so many youths in their early 40s who have excelled in their various fields of endeavor. The last election was indeed an eye opener, that we don't really need the "money bags' to win election in this dispensation. So considering the youth population at the moment, I'm just thinking.....

what if we identify these Nigerians in their 40's who have distinguished themselves in their various fields of endeavor?
what if we scrutinize them and come up with one who's incorruptible and selfless irrespective of tribe and religion?
what if we decide to project him/her for the 2019 presidential election not minding if s/he's from the North or South?
what if we decide to push this candidate through the various social media platform like we did in 2015?
what if we choose any of the already registered political party to sponsor this candidate?
what if we say enough is enough to the recycled politicians who have refused to retire?
what if we have a mental revolution and say no to politics of ethnicity and religion?
what if we, in the words of former governor of Anambra state, Mr Peter Obi "take back our country from them because it's our future"?

Remember, the society we help them to destroy today, will take its toll on us tomorrow.- Peter Obi.
Re: My Thoughts by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nigerian youths have lost it already, it's too late.
Do you see the amount of thrash the so called IPOB, AFONJA, VASELINE CREW, ZOMBIE, WAILING WAILERS, IDGAF et al post on Nairaland?? The leaders have succeeded in damaging the psych of the youths. Even if the youths were to agree on a common goal, there will always be a judas who will sell out.
Money will change hands and sacred information would be traded.
Lets pray a youth just emerges from the already established rank, from there we can take it a step further. But its a forlorn hope for now.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts by bencobenz(m): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
Justdulla:
Nigerian youths have lost it already, it's too late.
Do you see the amount of thrash the so called IPOB, AFONJA, VASELINE CREW, ZOMBIE, WAILING WAILERS, IDGAF et al post on Nairaland?? The leaders have succeeded in damaging the psych of the youths. Even if the youths were to agree on a common goal, there will always be a judas who will sell out.
Money will change hands and sacred information would be traded.
Lets pray a youth just emerges from the already established rank, from there we can take it a step further. But its a forlorn hope for now.

I quite agree with your submission.but I still believed we can start a revolution (mental) and change this country for the better. If a 17 year old boy can do that in Hong Kong, then we can. It's so unfortunate, the younger generation that are supposed to be the engine room for this revolution are busy spewing thrash on nairaland..
Re: My Thoughts by bencobenz(m): 8:23am On Jan 13, 2017
I wish the mods can give this thread a"push" so that we can have other people's opinion.
Re: My Thoughts by KingsleyJohn: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2017
Interesting idea, but I am afraid it won't fly...

What the youth need to do now is to insist on restructuring the country.

The events of 1966 have so polarised this country that everything, every event, every idea, everybody is viewed from a tribal point of view.

I think the best chance for this country is for us to go back to our roots...

Let each region grow and develop with their talents, resources, at their own pace and in a direction most acceptable to them.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts by bencobenz(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingsleyJohn:
Interesting idea, but I am afraid it won't fly...

What the youth need to do now is to insist on restructuring the country.

The events of 1966 have so polarised this country that everything, every event, every idea, everybody is viewed from a tribal point of view.

I think the best chance for this country is for us to go back to our roots...

Let each region grow and develop with their talents, resources, at their own pace and in a direction most acceptable to them.

Yea, restructuring of the country is not a bad idea, but with the current expired politicians who have refused to retire, it will still not achieve the desired result. Too much politics has crept into the restructuring debate such that it has now become a tool in the hands of those who have lost in the current order and want to distract the ruling party.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Above The Law / Senator Omogunwa - Corruption Should Be Legalized / Register In Imo Apc And Get Cups Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.