Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest (825 Views)

Furious Nigerians Blast Tuface For Canceling The Proposed Nationwide Protest / Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by LorDBolton(m): 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
I write this while riding the BRT , which is a pleasurable experience everytime. smiley

Anyway straight to the issue: please *What exactly are they protesting?? And **what are their demands??

Ok I understand the protests... but their demands? It's laughable!

You see africa ryt now is a cesspool of ignorant individuals, which is why devt...sustainable development eludes us and will continue to elude us.

During The subsidy protest I was home playing ps2 while using channels like radio via the "2nd parlour" tv

Why? Cos it was actually baseless, missionless, visionless and ultimately fruitless... and when NLC settled for 74, 84 abi 94 naira p/l all of u DIDNT RETURN TO THE STREETS to demand total reversal!!! So why protest in the first place??

What has happened to nigeria's local refining capacity since 2012 subsidy protest?

what has happened to PIB? We used to have the petroleum trust fund, has it been relaunched?

WHAT EXACTLY HAS CHANGED IN THE PETROLEUM SECTOR SINCE 2012?

That's just one example of why this protest will fail

Lemme not digress much, this is 2017. Let's focus on their 'protest march'
I read the mail on another thread and their demands were aimless and scattergun!

It's not a protest March...it's a complaint march! And like 2012 am not interested in the 2017 complaint march

I'll glady join a March and even take a bullet in the head for the cause when I see a group of individuals with well stated objective(s) and clearly outlined demands

Things like:

A-- review of our present system of govt (which is too expensive to run)

B-- Full practice of full federalism (including fiscal) and delimitation of federal powers (abuja politics is killing us)

C--- scrapping the federal character laws and replacing them with personality laws (achievement/track record, integrity tests, efcc/dss investigations etc... imagine an ambassadorial nominee couldn't recite our national anthem! And people were actually defending her). Automatically she shold be blacklisted from future govt jobs

D-- Tighter controls and regulation in the labour markets (the exploitation , illegal sacking without compensation etc is getting too much)

E-- Tighter controls on new media... propagandist n fake news peddlers are presently having a field day

F-- Review laws that are presently stifling growth in various sectors like RAIL, POWER, POLICE, PIB etc! Aren't ya'll tired of boarding bus from lag to benin? Lag to abuja?

G--- Strengthening anti-corruption agencies and anti-corruption laws, except the recent conviction of subsidy scammers can anyone mention ANOTHER NOTABLE CONVICTION BY EFCC? ICPC?
I also liked the 'whistle blower suggestion by efcc.

H--- making more appointment offices open to annual confidence votes i.e public defenders, customs bosses, igp, CBN etc this could be via online or e-channels etc.

This is just a few which I mentioned off the top of my head n haven't streamlined em.

Pls check this link and tell me WHERE ANY OF WHAT I LISTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN THERE.

https://www.nairaland.com/3591731/calling-nationwide-protest-nigeria-mature

Look at this point I want to highlight :

The need to stop local government allocations till they start functioning constitutionally.

Tell me brothers and sisters... does this look like what a REASONABLE person will suggest?

Better stay at home on 5 February UNTIL A FOCUSED SET OF PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS START A REAL PROTEST.

Also you're free to join... go and complain If you wish.

The mail reeks of PDP and anything PDP I DONT wanna go near, 2012 was ACN/CPC orchestrated protest and what was the result?= BUHARI.

when will THE NIGERIANS REALLY PROTEST??

NB: if you couldn't read my whole text yet u feel the need to comment...then you're part of this nations problem.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Carbeenz(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Radiohead6(f): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
you're just pessimistic, come #March5
#enoughIsEnough,
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by mengho(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
fufu, COWARD!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Radiohead6(f): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Radiohead6:
you're just pessimistic, come #March5 #enoughIsEnough,
Simple

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Abduljohn(m): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
Why not initiate your march with the highlighted objectives. I understand your plight but do you think the brain behind every protest isn't self centred? Why should i join a protest that i ll only make up the numbers without having a say.

God forbid follow follow.in my life.

#istandwithbetterNigeria#

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by BRAV0O(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
Sorry what are we protesting for ? undecided fu#ck 2face I repeat fu#ck olamide and their motherfu#cking crew! And if you wanna be down with the protest fu#ck u too!

What did 2face or olamide know about con3 on recession! Some useless poltieficians feel the nation upcoming events might sideline them and now their plan is to use the masses to disrupt everything like they always do! Can u imagine we have a long way to go in this con3 am not saying the protest is not right but why is it until when one politificiañs call for was when we carry play cards, huh ?? Help me ask 2face how much they pay him! Foolish fools!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by DelGardo: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
You raised very valid points even if I disagree with a couple of your views.

Most people on this forum have no idea how the economy works. They also lack the presence of mind to see when the country is making progress. When they sense progress they often prefer to profess blatant hopelessness due to hatred. Hatred for Buhari.

They want jobs but, at the same time, they want to see lower exchange rates so that they can import more biscuits, cashew nuts, [insert any useless item e.g floor mops, etc] from China. How do you create employment in a non-productive environment with near zero infrastructure?

Most people have forgotten that when we were the largest consumers of champagne in the world under IB we also had only N18b budgeted for road construction in a whole year! We drank champagne with the money we could have used to develop infrastructure to drive development.

But it is Buhari's fault... so let's demonstrate

Tuface did not open a shoe manufacturing company back then. He opened a club and then another club! Today not much champagne is being drank in his club so he turns an economic revolutionary that will lead a mega demonstration against a president who has increased local rice production from the less than 500k tonnes to nearly 5m tonnes per annum.

There are loads of things that need fixing but creating greater nuisance platforms within the socio-political space no go epp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Thank you op, since you discussed a need to change the system of governance .The system is the fundamental problem of the country .we might still find ourselves in a more difficult situation in the future if we only go out to protest because of the current situation without tackling the fundamental problem. I hope hypocrites like ridwanayo, loannes read the op's write up.
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by ridwanayo(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
catal:
Thank you op, since you discussed a need to change the system of governance .The system is the fundamental problem of the country .we might still find ourselves in a more difficult situation in the future if we only go out to protest because of the current situation without tackling the fundamental problem. I hope hypocrites like ridwanayo, loannes read the op's write up.
nobody is forcing ur igbotic ass to protest.we will protest u can't stop us u enemy of the masses
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by ridwanayo(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
catal:
nobody is forcing ur igbotic ass to protest.we will protest u can't stop us u enemy of the masses.
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2017
ridwanayo:
nobody is forcing ur igbotic ass to protest.we will protest u can't stop us u enemy of the masses.
go ahead. I only hope the Nigerian army are at their best that day, if you know what I mean.
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by ridwanayo(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
catal:
go ahead. I only hope the Nigerian army are at their best that day, if you know what I mean.
coward like u,its u nd ur family that will be used as shooting target

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
Hmm. So many salient points. I personally feel that more issues than those listed in the protest objectives should be included but at this time I think I will support any protest no matter whether it's objectives are myopic or not. I mean, Nigeria has never had it so bad before; the economy is in shambles, no light,no employment yet the government keeps on introducing new measures that inflate the cost of essential things like medicine.
Policies are been made without the interest of the people at all at all. It seems like the fear the ruling elite got from the occupy Subsidy protest has receded. They now feel comfortable taking the pple for granted again. I support the protest because it will tell the elite that "we are still here o".
Lastly, they most include as their objectives the issue of human rights. Since Buhari came in, our own security forces have turned to legalised Boko Haram. They now kill at will as the Oga at the top seems to condone it. The issue of the Shia and the IPOB who were merely protesting must be brought up o. I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Usman Mohammed Interim TCN Boss / Bokoharam Attacks Thursday Night / Is This Mockery Or Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.