Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah (2062 Views)

Matthew Urhoghide & Chikwuka Utazi, Senators Who Moved For Buhari's Impeachment / Soyinka, Kukah, Nwodo, Duke And Others For 50th Memorial Of Asaba Massacre / Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Kemperor: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
- Archbishop of Sokoto Diocese, Dr Matthew Kukah has always been an optimist in the future of Nigeria

- But Dr Kukah seems to have had a change of mind

- The Archbishop says he has never been so unsure of the future of Nigeria like now

The Archbishop of Sokoto Diocese, Dr Matthew Kukah has expressed doubt about the future of Nigeria.

Dr Kukah who made the statement at a book launch in Abuja today, January 12 however noted that the religious crisis in northern Nigeria cannot be understood, if effort is not made to go back to 100 years.

The event was the book launch of renowned professor and author, Olufemi Vaughan titled Religion and the Making of Nigeria.

The archbishop accused the northern ruling class of continuing to use religion as a cover to hold to power, adding that Nigeria have not been unable to separate criminality from religion.

''If somebody wants to murder in the name of God, if God gave you a licence and gave you a gun, we should able to say that well, that is not applicable here in Nigeria, you are a bloody criminal and you should go to prison.

''It has been impossible for us to prosecute anybody precisely because we have this belief that somehow people can actually and genuinely kill in the name of religion,'' Kukah said.

He continued: ''I think that we need to get our hands around the correlation between religion, development and constitutionalism

''We must understand the religion and violence in Nigeria, the fact that nobody is in charge. The fact that the president, let me put it that way, has never been in charge.

''And I am not talking about being in charge of the armed forces of Nigeria, I am talking about we know where we can go to in terms of appeal.''

On his part, Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka lamented the fact that many Nigerians have ''paid the ultimate price'' because of religion.

His words: ''The innocent ones are the ones who often pay the ultimate price in religious crisis. Even religious leaders cannot denounce the murdering acts of religion.

''Religion now induce trauma and anxiety instead of solace that it claims to give. Religion is the ironic product of human inadequacy.

''There is a monster always waiting to pounce on innocent Nigerians under the name of religion.''

Recently, investment banker, columnist and theater producer, Joseph Edgar stated that religion today is so wealthy that if care is not taken they can compete with the federal government naira for naira in some areas if allowed.

https://www.naij.com/1082223-i-unsure-future-nigeria-kukah.html

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by psucc(m): 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
100℅ right.

In 1984 it was Tunde Idiagbon and now the Federal Commissioner is not even given a breathing space.

2 Likes

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Splinz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
You're right sir. The man of Daura in all of his comings has always been a figurehead manipulated and tossed around by the willing ones that went to school. SMH

3 Likes

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by DozieInc(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
Jihadist in Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by queencalipso(f): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
He is very correct. Religion is the opium of the masses.

It shall be well with my country
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Emmynet50(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nigeria my country, we dnt know who is the driver now. The Bishop is right.

1 Like

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
Aisha has already said so.
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by DelGardo: 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
His Lorship I will always remember how you stood behind the clueless one and his gang while they stole Nigeria blind.

As much as I am a Catholic till death it must be said that you were part of the people that wrecked this country.

You and your likes can say what you like but we are seeing the results with Boko Haram successes, rising foreign reserves, rice revolution, road and rail efforts etc.

If Buhari is not in Charge then God is in charge and he will not let us down.

4 Likes

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
DelGardo:
His Lorship I will always remember how you stood behind the clueless one and his gang while the stole Nigeria blind.

As much as I am a Catholic till death it must be said that you were part of the people that wrecked this country.

You and your likes can say what you like but we are seeing the results with Boko Haram successes, rising foreing reserves, rice revolution, road and rail efforts etc.

I can only give the dullard credit in the area of Boko Haram acclaimed defeat, he tried sha, but increasing foreign reserve, rice revolution, roads and rail ways...please give me real proof and not hear say.

1 Like

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by greatgod2012(f): 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
Even PMB's wife attested to it that the nation is being run by cabals and I'm sure that she said what she saw clearly.
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by greatgod2012(f): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
DelGardo:
His Lorship I will always remember how you stood behind the clueless one and his gang while the stole Nigeria blind.

You and your likes can say what you like but we are seeing the results with Boko Haram successes, rising foreing reserves, rice revolution, road and rail efforts etc.

Just continue deceiving your ilks, even PMB himself have just declared that boko haram have not been defeated. So, who do we now believe? You or PMB

3 Likes

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by DivneFavour(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Who is in charge then? Lemme think.... Mmmmmmmm okkkk it is those in the other office.
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Samunique(m): 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
Don't blame our figure head President, it's not in him , u can only give what u have !!!
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
We know dat cows are in charge of aso rock

1 Like

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
DelGardo:

May God save you shocked

3 Likes

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by DelGardo: 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

May God save you shocked

May He bless you.

1 Like

Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by mykeljosef: 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
we knew before
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Adminisher: 12:01am On Jan 13, 2017
Since this Kukah guy stopped taking Jonathans money it has been like mild depression
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Mujaheeeden: 1:20am On Jan 13, 2017
Buhari has nothing to offer
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by Mujaheeeden: 1:20am On Jan 13, 2017
Adminisher:
Since this Kukah guy stopped taking Jonathans money it has been like mild depression
Guess his Religion
Re: The President Has Never Been In Charge - Matthew Kukah by greatgod2012(f): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
Adminisher:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Edo To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity In Six Months – Obaseki / Just In! Occupants Of Aso Rock Advised To Get Ready To Vacate. / Those Agitating For Biafra Have Never Seen War: Youthsforbiafra Replies S. Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.