Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming (1794 Views)

Why Did You Choose The Username You're Using On Nairaland? / Download FIFA 18 Iso Version Game For Android Phone - Notedwap / My Successor Is Still A Sinner But Decided To Choose Another. Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Sulaymanmeek(m): 8:08am On Jan 13, 2017
Hey Gamers let's talk!!

Android phone is now being used for different things – Gaming. No longer is it just being used for phone calls, data calls, etc. Now, the Android phone has become a complete entertainment device, and is used not just to watch movies and listen to music, but is also used to play games. However, one should take some aspects into consideration before they buy an Android phone for gaming purposes. Here are some of the tips that you should keep in mind while buying Best Android phone gaming.

1. SIZE

The size of the screen will be the be all and end all reasons of whether you should buy a particular Android phone for gaming or not. There have been many phones that have tried to earlier tap the mobile gaming market, but they have not been able to do so, because their phones did not have the screen sizes and technology today. With Android phones coming with HD screens, AMOLED screens, Gorilla Glass screens, etc. it becomes evident that we are looking at very vibrant and powerful machines when we go through the choices of Android phones for gaming.... With a 1080 x 1920 pixels, 370 pixels per inch (PPI) Smartphone I'm sure you should have a perfect Gaming experience.

2. GPU

Most high profile Android devices have special GPUs that not just help them play games in a better manner, but they also help them display graphics in a better manner. Once you have played a game on an Android phone that has a dedicated GPU, you will always feel that something is missing when you play on some other device. Therefore, check the GPU, and also check whether it is worth the price that you are playing.

Mobile GPUs are just like desktop GPUs. The price does sometimes decide which GPU is the best, but sometimes you might get a GPU that might be really good, but is low priced and not popular because of bad or no PR. A simple Google Search should tell you what kind of devices have what kind of GPUs, and you should be able to make good decisions about which mobile phone to buy, especially when it comes to Android phones for gaming.

I have a device that runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow has a processing speed of 2.5GHz dual-core Cortex-A72, 2.0GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 & 1.4GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset,Mali-T800 GPU and of course a RAM of 4GB..... You should experience this Super App and Gaming execution cheesy Nobody need tell you.

3. Operating System

With Android rolling out new and improved Operating systems, the later versions always seems to be missing out on updates that enhance better Gaming performance.... Marshmallow currently running on most Newly released Android smart phones today prove how easy it is to have better Gaming experience...
- Of course Storage, Processor, and battery are important... But I wouldn't want to bore you too much with reading grin

I love having and playing games on my Android device.

Tell me what device you're using for your Gaming.

Need any Gaming advice or tips Comment below.
I'll be glad to help.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by investigator007: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Based on ur points then most tecno phones are good for gaming
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by MizMyColi(f): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
The best and most affordable superb android phone for gaming on sale in Nigeria for gaming is the Phantom 6 plus.

Quote me anywhere.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by daveP(m): 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
MizMyColi:

The best and most affordable superb android phone for gaming on sale in Nigeria for gaming is the Phantom 6 plus.

Quote me anywhere.
And now I am ( raised eyebrows, foot tapping)
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by MizMyColi(f): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
daveP:
And now I am ( raised eyebrows, foot tapping)

Lol
Howdy dearcheesy
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Dandsome: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Wouldnt the differences in the specifications of phones play an important role in determining this gaming capabilities?
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by excanny: 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
MizMyColi:

Quote me anywhere.

Never knew about this. I'm not a gaming head tho, but I will look into this claim and try to see if absolutely true or not.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by MizMyColi(f): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
excanny:

Never knew about this. I'm not a gaming head tho, but I will look into this claim and try to see if absolutely true or not.

Please check it outsmiley
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Behankey(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2017
I think the Tecno Phantom 6 plus fits the description of a perfect gaming device. With 4GB RAM. Screen size and it's beast of a processor.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
MizMyColi:

Quote me anywhere.

I have quoted you, oya defend yourself.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
what game are you particularly enjoying now, maybe I can download?
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
Behankey:
I think the Tecno Phantom 6 plus fits the description of a perfect gaming device. With 4GB RAM. Screen size and it's beast of a processor.

No wonder the phone is code name, the beast.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Apart from the phantom 6plus, any other Tecno device good for gaming?
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by MizMyColi(f): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Iamdemola:

I have quoted you, oya defend yourself.

Goan buy p6+ plus first and test itgrin
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

Goan buy p6+ plus first and test itgrin
That phone is worth every penny right?
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by MizMyColi(f): 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
Iamdemola:

That phone is worth every penny right?

Yes o o

Every every penny.
To be honest smiley
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
MizMyColi:

Yes o o
Every every penny. To be honest smiley
That is it. Every phone should be like that.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by KealDrogo: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by scarycuteface(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2017
KealDrogo:
Most phones with 3gb ram will play virtually all games. Having a larger screen is an added advantage.
Correct! That's why the phantom 6+ is just the right phone for a chronic gamer. Performance driven device
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Behankey(m): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
funmyade:
Apart from the phantom 6plus, any other Tecno device good for gaming?
The Camon C9 is okay too. Even though people like it coz of the great camera.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
Behankey:
The Camon C9 is okay too. Even though people like it coz of the great camera.

The Camon series are built for camera
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Behankey(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
funmyade:

The Camon series are built for camera
Doesn't mean it's not good for gaming tho. I have a friend that's always about games and he uses a C9. Dude is absolutely loving it
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Freelancerx: 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
Behankey:
Doesn't mean it's not good for gaming tho. I have a friend that's always about games and he uses a C9. Dude is absolutely loving it
Well, it depends on the processor and the RAM of the device. I think Camon C9 won't be bad for games
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
Behankey:

you could be right but it is a camera-centric phone.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Behankey(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
funmyade:

you could be right but it is a camera-centric phone.
Yeah true. That's one good thing about tecno , there's a phone for every category of phone user.
Re: How To Choose The Best Android Phone For Gaming by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
Behankey:
Yeah true. That's one good thing about tecno , there's a phone for every category of phone user.

yeah, freedom of choice

(1) (Reply)

The Atm Is 50 Years Old Today / Strength Of The Heart / It Seems Nigerian Banks Are Getting Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.