Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,320 members, 7,867,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition (18581 Views)

"Kaduna Airport Toilets Are The Cleanest" - Kadaria Ahmed / Lagos Gov.Complete Rehabilitation Work On Maryland Independence Tunnel (picture) / Kaduna Airport Is Now Ready For 24-hour Operations. See Its New Looks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by akinswaggs(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
kk
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by IVORY2009(m): 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
rusher14:
The presidency would not sit back and watch the senators endanger the lives of the people.
Good work.

This bros self...

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by saintmark88(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Nigerians and their complaints, I really appreciate the FG for going ahead, the Senate needs to understand that they r not the executive here.... They can't keep rejecting everything Brot bfre dem by d executive, it just doesn't make sense. Every policy D govt brings up, they go against it, sorry this time, this one like d car importation own, doesn't need ur approval

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Go on Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by opribo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
Why would our senate say NO yet bubu is going ahead with this, i suspect a hidden agenda. They want to use the backdoor to upgrade bubu's state airport thats all nothing more nothing less, selfish and vested interest involved.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by BushWickBill: 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
satowind:
Buhari the dectator
After you will go and brag to your friends while drunk that you made a post on Nairaland criticizing Buhari.

This fo0l will tell us he has some form of formal education, whereas he should have put his time and effort into being a mai guard.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by BrokenTV: 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
What happened to that of Niger state which is closer to Abuja, why Kaduna Airport. Buhari and El' fire looking on how to milk this country.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by BushWickBill: 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:
Why would our senate say NO yet bubu is going ahead with this, i suspect a hidden agenda. They want to use the backdoor to upgrade bubu's state airport thats all nothing more nothing less, selfish and vested interest involved.

According to you, Buhari is from Kaduna.

You must be very intelligent. It only tells me the kind of half-wits that call themselves critics.

Then you will claim to be inputing knowledge to society and feeling very good about yourself after seeing your creation on an online forum.

5 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by ephi123(f): 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Only in Nigeria... close down a whole international airport for 6 weeks. Smh!!

Only heaven knows when this nation will progress. No innovative solutions or workarounds, just one sided lazy man approach and thinking.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
satowind:
Buhari the dectator
after the kaduna airport rehabilitation,

Ur brain is next

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by opribo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

According to you, Buhari is from Kaduna.

You must be very intelligent. It only tells me the kind of half-wits that call themselves critics.

Then you will claim to be inputing knowledge to society and feeling very good about yourself after seeing your creation on an online forum.

My friend use your brain and discern simple body language, dont you see that KD airport will be the logical justification for them to upgrade, why didnt they upgrade Minna that is closest to Abuja. Ofcourse Katsina airport is not an option for international flights so just gerraway with you myopic lack of indepth reasoning and judgement.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by bigtt76(f): 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
Buahahaha ....are the senators now scared that they could be kidnapped along that axis ni tongue when dem de allocate the whole of naija funds to den pocket dem never know. Now dem de fret. They will land in Kaduna whether they like it or not grin

DONSMITH123:
The rehabilitation of the new terminal building of the Kaduna Airport which will serve as alternative for both local and international passengers has begun.

This development follows the closure of the Abuja international airport for six weeks, starting from March 8, 2017.

The roads linking the Kaduna airport to the city are currently under construction.

On Thursday, the Minister of State for Aviation, Mr Hadi Sirika and Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, appeared before the Senate to explain the reason for the planned closure of the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport and why Kaduna is the best alternative.

Sirika, insisted on the closure of the Abuja airport which was constructed in 1982 as the runway has exceeded its lifespan of 14 years.

The Senate is vehemently opposing the closure of the Airport, saying the diversion of flights to Kaduna will endanger lives of Nigerians.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/13/abuja-airport-fg-begins-rehabilitation-work-kaduna-airport-despite-senates-opposition-closure/
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by dvee2: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
BrokenTV:
What happened to that of Niger state which is closer to Abuja, why Kaduna Airport. Buhari and El' fire looking on how to milk this country.

The road from Niger to Abuja is terribly bad and it's a single lane mostly, however the road from Kaduna to Abuja is dual carriage road, that could accommodate more traffic.
It beats my imagination that our legislooters are even questioning the rational for this upgrade seeing that it's safety related.
What I expect them to question is the amount budgeted if inflated.
What happens if there is a major accident when this repairs is suspended? Are they ready to take the blame?
It's obvious their problem is not airport renovation but they are just trying to get at Buhari for not releasing the constituency allowance for them to steal.
All this refusal to approve everything that comes to the Senate is simply aim at arm twisting the president to play ball by releasing their constituency allowance.
In a year where Nigerias income was far below projected revenue, this is clearly being selfish, all projects to be suspended for senators to hv the money which every knows is not going to be use for any constituency project.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by APCmyheart(m): 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
Zenas212:
El Rufai and Buhari sef. These two guys only care about themselves (Fulanis). So people will have to ply the dangerous Kaduna - Abuja road just because El Rufai and Buhari says so. We shall see.

And plane should continue landing on Abuja airport despite the risk involve?

Nigeria we will not appreciate a President that value life of his people until something happen and we start blaming the President..

I am very damn sure that FG will provide adequate security on that road.

Besides are people not flying the road before?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by APCmyheart(m): 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
mine85:
The plan is to take money to Kaduna for payment to fulani herdsmen.. ... Senate can't stop that

Keep fooling yourself..

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by BushWickBill: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

[s]My friend use your brain and discern simple body language, dont you see that KD airport will be the logical justification for them to upgrade, why didnt they upgrade Minna that is closest to Abuja. Ofcourse Katsina airport is not an option for international flights so just gerraway with you myopic lack of indepth reasoning and judgement[/s].

I don't do stupid people.

You goofed by mentioning that the airport was in his home state (pay attention, re-read what you wrote and spot where you went wrong). You were factually wrong. instead of you to admit it you are here trying to make a more compound fo0l of yourself.

All this gra gra you are doing here is null and void. You should apologize to your family for wasting their funds on your education, and your parents in turn should sue the contraceptive company for failing to prevent your birth.

If you don't know the difference between Kaduna and Katsina state, then go back to your social studies class in Primary 4 and retake the subject instead of fooling around here.

4 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by dvee2: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

My friend use your brain and discern simple body language, dont you see that KD airport will be the logical justification for them to upgrade, why didnt they upgrade Minna that is closest to Abuja. Ofcourse Katsina airport is not an option for international flights so just gerraway with you myopic lack of indepth reasoning and judgement.

So your only problem now is the choice of alternative airport and not that the upgrade should not be done? Good at least we are now making progress.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by APCmyheart(m): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

OMG some people will just comment without brain, Is Buhari from Kaduna?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by BushWickBill: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
APCmyheart:

OMG some people will just comment without brain, Is Buhari from Kaduna?
please ask the insufferable fo0l.

Instead of paying attention in social studies class, he was peeping under the desk at girls pant.

Now he doesn't know the difference between Kaduna and Katsina states but he firmly believes Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

See the irony?

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by APCmyheart(m): 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
BrokenTV:

OMG please stop commenting is you don't know anything, How did you get to know Niger is more closer to Abuja than Kaduna?

google would have saved you from disgracing yourself..

Kaduna to Abuja is 2hours 37 minutes

Niger to Abuja is 7 h 40 min (440.7 km) via Minna-Bida Road

So now which is closer?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by APCmyheart(m): 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

please ask the insufferable fo0l.

Instead of paying attention in social studies class, he was peeping under the desk at girls pant.

Now he doesn't know the difference between Kaduna and Katsina states but he firmly believes Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

See the irony?

Bros i tire for those that call themselves Buhari critics ooooo, Waiting someone to come and tell us Saraki is from Lagos state...

hahaha

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by Enice(m): 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

when the senators asked the minister this question the reply was that there is always an alternative airport for every flight plan landing in Abuja. That Kaduna airport has always been the alternate airport for Abuja. Therefore it was logical to choose Kaduna airport.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by opribo(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
dvee2:

So your only problem now is the choice of alternative airport and not that the upgrade should not be done? Good at least we are now making progress.

I dont have a problem sir, my worry is that why waste tax payers money when you can save tremendous cost by upgrading the Minna airport that is already built to international status, deploy airport shuttle buses with security personnel from Minna into Abuja is doable and cost effective.

The security situation in Kaduna is too much to subject innocent air travellers to such risk. Ofcourse you and I know that our security forces are yet to destroy boko which bubu confirmed so why add more problems. Dont forget the herdsmen are there, the Southern Kaduna problems are also there thats enough for our security personnel in that area to cope with. This is certainly not a popular decision it is biased and based on selfish sentiments if you look at it critically. If professionals had been allowed to do their work without executive body language inputs they would never have opted for Kaduna. Minna or at best Lagos would have been a sensible thing to do.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by opribo(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

I don't do stupid people.

You goofed by mentioning that the airport was in his home state (pay attention, re-read what you wrote and spot where you went wrong). You were factually wrong. instead of you to admit it you are here trying to make a more compound fo0l of yourself.

All this gra gra you are doing here is null and void. You should apologize to your family for wasting their funds on your education, and your parents in turn should sue the contraceptive company for failing to prevent your birth.

If you don't know the difference between Kaduna and Katsina state, then go back to your social studies class in Primary 4 and retake the subject instead of fooling around here.

You must be a compound id1ot for insulting, did I say I didnt know the difference between kaduna and katsina, is katsina an international airport? cattle rearer like you who reason from your anus how would you understand. That is why you follow sheepishly without asking question. This nation does not need zoombies like you who cant ask sensible question and challenge meaningless policies that will only end up wasting the tax payers funds of struggling hard working Nigerians. If it is not OK we will continue to wail about it at least let the whole world hear and see the stupidity of those leading us. I dont know how much they are paying you at this your age to be doing internet warrior fight for them. Wasted somebody, you have mortgaged your destiny that is if you are a youth but I suspect you are one of them evil old men in govt who have refused to quit the stage. We will send you all home by force by fire.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by dvee2: 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

I dont have a problem sir, my worry is that why waste tax payers money when you can save tremendous cost by upgrading the Minna airport that is already built to international status, deploy airport shuttle buses with security personnel from Minna into Abuja is doable and cost effective.

The security situation in Kaduna is too much to subject innocent air travellers to such risk. Ofcourse you and I know that our security forces are yet to destroy boko which bubu confirmed so why add more problems. Dont forget the herdsmen are there, the Southern Kaduna problems are also there thats enough for our security personnel in that area to cope with. This is certainly not a popular decision it is biased and based on selfish sentiments if you look at it critically. If professionals had been allowed to do their work without executive body language inputs they would never have opted for Kaduna. Minna or at best Lagos would have been a sensible thing to do.
Lol, for quoting Lagos as alternative route to Abuja, I beg to leave u alone sir. grin grin
You lack basic understanding of the subject matter. Lol

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by Donbigi2(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
APCmyheart:

And plane should continue landing on Abuja airport despite the risk involve?

Nigeria we will not appreciate a President that value life of his people until something happen and we start blaming the President..

I am very damn sure that FG will provide adequate security on that road.

Besides are people not flying the road before?

Lmao..
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by opribo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
dvee2:

Lol, for quoting Lagos as alternative route to Abuja, I beg to leave u alone sir. grin grin
You lack basic understanding of the subject matter. Lol

Is Lagos not far safer than that your Kaduna you guys want to go and risk life of innocent Nigerians.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by mcquin(m): 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

My guy you are drifting. If the airport to be upgraded is Enugu, will you complain. Everything shouldn't be in Lagos or Abuja. Know when to criticise government.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by BushWickBill: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
opribo:

[s]didnt know the difference between kaduna and katsina, is katsina an international airport? cattle rearer like you who reason from your anus how would you understand. That is why you follow sheepishly without asking question. This nation does not need zoombies like you who cant ask sensible question and challenge meaningless policies that will only end up wasting the tax payers funds of struggling hard working Nigerians. If it is not OK we will continue to wail about it at least let the whole world hear and see the stupidity of those leading us. I dont know how much they are paying you at this your age to be doing internet warrior fight for them. Wasted somebody, you have mortgaged your destiny that is if you are a youth but I suspect you are one of them evil old men in govt who have refused to quit the stage. We will send you all home by force by fire[/s].
Blah blah black sheep have you seen this fool.
Yes sir yes sir a three in one fool.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition by arsenic33(m): 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
What of Nigerians that travels Kaduna - Abuja road?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine / Truck Bursts Into Flames At Sangotedo Road, Lagos / Nbc Skye Logistics Not Reliable. 1688 Fake Procurer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.