Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine (18544 Views)

Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport / Chief Caught With Cocaine At Lagos Airport(photo) / Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by idupaul: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2011
A Nigerian air hostess with Arik Air, Chinwendu Uwakaonyenma Ogbonnaya, has been arrested for attempting to smuggle four kilogram of cocaine into Britain, the UK Border Agency (UKBA) said on Monday.

The 30 year-old hostess, who arrived at the Heathrow Terminal 4 on an Arik Air flight from Lagos, was arrested on Sunday following the discovery of the drugs in an item of luggage, a spokesman for the agency disclosed.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/arik-hostess-nabbed-cocaine
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by idupaul: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2011
there is somtin kinda fishy here hmmmm
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by justwise(m): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2011
idupaul:

there is somtin kinda fishy here hmmmm

Which is?
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by engrj(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
We Nigeria Are just too eager to become Billionaire. We wan make am by fox.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by llbhuds: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
lol, i guess she is new in the job and she thought her stuffs wouldn't be checked grin grin grin
good for her biko
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by otokx(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2011
What is all this?
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by ochukoccna: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
No be waste of human space be this?
Can we say she was setup by the British over the BA/Arik tiff?
I doubt that.
This 1 na pure greed.
Many of her mates(agewise) eke out a living  in 9ja while she has a good job which enables her to fly around the world.
Please someone throw UK law's kitchen sink @ her jo.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by omar22(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
Its bad enough the tension between the BAA and Arik,

Then we have this i.diot trying to push the white stuff across the atlantic.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by bizboy01(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2011
Its a set up,
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by babaowo: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
nah wha  a whole airhostess?,if she doesn't has any job nko? she will carry 40 killo?,  now jail plus loosing job,foolish girl.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by shadrach77: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
why are the igbos always soiling the name of this country? as soon as i saw the thread title i knew it would be an ibo! jeez!  shocked shocked angry angry
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by maclatunji: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
Considering the training that air hostesses are supposed to go through before getting on planes and the good salaries they are paid by Nigerian standards, not to talk of the exposure they get, I am surprised that she stooped so low to do this (if proven guilty). It is a big shame, I guess the moral of this story is- don't trust anybody 100 per cent.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by Sagamite(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
justwise:

Which is?

Don't worry. That is just Nigerian failed education system product "fact" generating mechanism.

The process is:

- Pull a senseless opinion out of your arse.
- Ensure it is as stewpid as any unratiocinated assertion a human can come by.
- Don't back it up with any evidence and insight.
- Stick to it and say it is right.

He just gave you a "fact" right there.

And he would wonder why he is unemployable.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by dellnet: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2011
smells fishy to me also, first it was NAA cant fly to UK then now this.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by otokx(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2011
shadrach77:

why are the igbos always soiling the name of this country? as soon as i saw the thread title i knew it would be an ibo! jeez!  shocked shocked angry angry

I was waiting for this.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by bigtt76(f): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
hmmmm, no wonder FG de fight BA/UK over Arik slots , they needed such mules to bring in returns , nonsense! Hope she and Arik get to face the full length of the law.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by omar22(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2011

It wasnt a set-up,

What would BAA gain if the set up an air hostess?
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by DAY12(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
Stupick Girl!
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't worry. That is just Nigerian failed education system product "fact" generating mechanism.

The process is:

- Pull a senseless opinion out of your arse.
- Ensure it is as stewpid as any unratiocinated assertion a human can come by.
- Don't back it up with any evidence and insight.
- Stick to it and say it is right.

He just gave you a "fact" right there.

And he would wonder why he is unemployable.

grin grin grin grin grin my mate here is laughing his as$s off reading this grin grin
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by Sagamite(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
dell_net:

What a foolish statement.

No 1, you are suspecting they set her up. You think the UK is Nigeria?

No 2, even if they set her up, what are they going to achieve? You think this can be used to stop Arik from flying?
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
bizboy01:

Its a set up,

See another "fact" generator.

E no go better for IBB and Abacha.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
shadrach77:

I was expecting this, what a bloody waste of space.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by omar22(m): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
No 2, even if they set her up, what are they going to achieve? You think this can be used to stop Arik from flying?

Spot on,

Even if she was a terrorist! it still wont stop Arik flying to Heathrow,
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by dellnet: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
omar22:

It wasnt a set-up,

What would BAA gain if the set up an air hostess?
an air hostess or the whole airline? they can push this to their parliament and win on not allowing owned airlines from Nigeria. Look at it in a political view and with the current affairs on ground.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

See another "fact" generator.

E no go better for IBB and Abacha.

grin grin grin grin. . can we move this to joke section?  grin grin grin
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by omar22(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
why are the igbos always soiling the name of this country? as soon as i saw the thread title i knew it would be an ibo! jeez!      

I dont support the above statement!!!!!!

But I wonder what would have happened if it was a yoruba lady that was caught? This site would have crashed by now!!!!
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2011
dell_net:

an air hostess or the whole airline? they can push this to their parliament and win on not allowing owned airlines from Nigeria. Look at it in a political view and with the current affairs on ground.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a honorary product of our failed education system.

Can we have a round of slaps for his stewpidity.

justwise:

grin grin grin grin. . can we move this to joke section?  grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by POTUT(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2011
I don't like this. I thought the NDLEA had created so much awareness to deter our youths from peddling.

NDLEA usually stops them before they leave. How did this one pass them? What an embarrassment for Arik Air, and indeed us all.

Hmmm, then I thought about it, can't anyone plant anything in your luggage while you are standing in line to pass through immigration? But then what could be the motive and the gain? That kind of thing can't stop Arik from flying to the UK. So there is really no motive here. Just another fastlane Nigerian.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by omar22(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2011

What a load of Rubbish?

A terror suspect was caught a year or 2 years ago working at Heathrow Airport, It didnt stop every country stopping their airline landing at the airport. Even the son of former Prime Minister Margeret Thatcher was involved (alleged) trying to plot a coupe in the oil rich country Equatorial Guinea it still didnt stop the African country selling oil to the British government.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by Kx: 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2011
shadrach77:

Can we ever articulate our views devoid of tribal remarks?
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by dellnet: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2011
@sagamite, your failed education system? you never heard of War on Drugs, War on Terrorism? open your mind a little bit and grasp what is going on. Don't show your st^pidity.
Re: Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
dell_net:

grin grin grin grin. . .Thanks mate. . . no need buying comedy DVD this xmas, you just gave me one  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Germany To Deport 12,000 Nigerian Asylum Seekers / How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / Hear Concorde's Thunderous Sonic Boom When It Flies Faster Than Speed Of Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.