Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis (20169 Views)

Igbo Rain Anger, Curses On Uwazuruike Over Kaduna Visit- News / Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Osinbajo Meets With Religious & Community Leaders Over Kaduna Crisis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by ephi123(f): 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
They need to be meeting and placating CAN, not Rufai.

Exactly

See them, playing politics with people's lives.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by yedidiah(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
We don tire with all these meetings. We want to see action. You told is you know the criminals that you even pay them. Is it not obvious that el-rufai who said Christians in Kaduna are nothing to write home about in terms of numbers is the real criminal
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Rilwayne001: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
unikprince:
El rufai is a terrorist, no point of this meeting.

If it's going to solve the crisis, then there's point for it.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by iamhorny(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:
Catholics are the crack on the wall of Christianity in Nigeria. Sultan and these northern cult always find it convenient getting along with them in lieu of CAN leadership which has been occupied by protestant and evangelical Christians in recent times.

It's like the enemy of my enemy being my friend. Catholic bishops are too arrogant to submit to CAN leadership and the Sultanate cannot stand the bluntness of CAN leadership when it comes to calling a spade a spade.

as much is i love to see a united Christendom in Nigeria, the truth be said CAN is filled with mushroom churches with no bearing and direction, occultic, business, yahoo yahoo celebrity men parading themselves as men of God and the catholic church is aware of that, hence they cant submit themselves to CAN.

the only religious body that can still challenge the islamic caliphate in Nigerian is still the catholic church because once you fight the catholic church you not only fight Rome/Vatican but you also fight its 1.8billion followers.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by emmasege: 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
iamhorny:

as much is i love to see a united Christendom in Nigeria, the truth be said CAN is filled with mushroom churches with no bearing and direction, occultic, business, yahoo yahoo men parading themselves as men of God

the only religious body that can still challenge the islamic caliphate in Nigerian is still the catholic church because once you fight the catholic church you not only fight Rome/Vatican but you also fight its 1.8billion followers.
Do U call Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, ECWA, CAC and a host of others mushroom churches as well? Why should Catholic Bishops think they can't submit to the leadership of CAN? Has not one of them occupied the same position (CAN President) before? And in what ways have they challenged the Islamic caliphate if they were that influential and in a position to defend the Christian faith in Nigeria. Bishop Kukah and this other bishop in Kotangora are even trying, but you see that Cardinal Onaiyekan is a disgrace to the Catholic church and the Christian faith.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Daatlaw11(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:

I am Catholic but I must say you are right . Over the years I have noticed that Muslim organization prefer to deal with catholics because they always get the best bargains there for really cheap
[quote author=idupaul post=52797255]

If indeed you r Catholic my reply to you goes thus: CAN just like Christendom originally started solely by Catholic church, a church which has always being levelheaded in its endeavors without sounding sanctimonious. The church has suffered more than any splinter church around in the attacks and is not a pushover whether CAN`s new administrator likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by emmasege: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
amnesty7:
Kukah's presence there is like locking your doors while the thief is already inside the house.
Yes, because he's the only truthful Christian priest there. That other bishop abi se na Cardinal has not earned my trust as a Christian either.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by princessayesha(f): 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
5starmilitant:
You can say that over & over again.
That dwarf of a governor is a born terrorist.
Omg. Its not what you think....he is just telling yoy the nature of fulani people, they dont forgive. Am not trying to defend him but its not what u think.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by vislabraye(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:
Catholics are the crack on the wall of Christianity in Nigeria. Sultan and these northern cult always find it convenient getting along with them in lieu of CAN leadership which has been occupied by protestant and evangelical Christians in recent times.

It's like the enemy of my enemy being my friend. Catholic bishops are too arrogant to submit to CAN leadership and the Sultanate cannot stand the bluntness of CAN leadership when it comes to calling a spade a spade.

U can tell the difference when pst. Ayo Oritsejafor was there and now. Yet same Xtians fought hin.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by vislabraye(m): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
iamhorny:

as much is i love to see a united Christendom in Nigeria, the truth be said CAN is filled with mushroom churches with no bearing and direction, occultic, business, yahoo yahoo celebrity men parading themselves as men of God and the catholic church is aware of that, hence they cant submit themselves to CAN.

So the rampant killing in the North has not yet touched the Catholic Church ? So amongst all the people killed in South Kaduna, none was a Catholic.
Or have you forgotten that some Reverend sisters were kidnapped in Enugu. If this have not touched the Catholic Church, I wonder what will undecided

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Freetech: 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:
Do U call Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, ECWA, CAC and a host of others mushroom churches as well? Why should Catholic Bishops think they can't submit to the leadership of CAN? Has not one of them occupied the same position (CAN President) before? And in what ways have they challenged the Islamic caliphate if they were that influential and in a position to defend the Christian faith in Nigeria. Bishop Kukah and this other bishop in Kotangora are even trying, but you see that Cardinal Onaiyekan is a disgrace to the Catholic church and the Christian faith.

It appears Christian in Nigeria already boxes themselves to the mercy of jihadist. Every head of investigating agency is a Muslim, so don't expect anything to come out of investigations where jihadist attacks Christian.
NCC where investigators could go for calls records/tra made hours before and after incidents is headed by a fantastic tactically supporting Bh
Police is headed by a Muslim
DSS headed by Muslim
Attorney General is a Muslim
Bursts the army chief a Muslim
Governors of most of the States where it happens, a Muslim
When Joe Obazee was removed, a Muslim Sulaimon replaced him.
Health agency head announced this week is also a Muslim.
Now tell me who will speak or defend Christians VB or their interest in such investigation.
Orisajeafor killed CAN and his puppet there is worse. They now use media to protest instead of going on their knees to shake all the shakable out of the way.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by amnesty7: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:
Yes, because he's the only truthful Christian priest there. That other bishop abi se na Cardinal has not earned my trust as a Christian either.
Read the comment again, pls.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by dvee2: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
It is very easy to sit behind your laptops in Lagos or Aba and write about solutions most often with good intentions,but obviously with little research. However,if we must have a lasting solution to this killings,we must look at things holistically, unbiased and devoid of religious sentiment.
First I must condemn the killings in Kaduna and many parts of the North, whatever the motive is, the cycle of violence must stop.
Having said that, I know, and most people who are from these areas who want this killings to stop must also come out to say the truth.
And what do I mean by truth? The truth is contrary to what the media want you to believe is that the killing is done by both side.
Not many of us know that as of today, the entire district of kafanchan,kagoro,kwoi,kuru,vom,and many more southern Kaduna and Plateau state, not a single Muslim family are left, many have been killed, you will never see this in the media.
Muslims from Kaduna and Abuja can hardly travel to Jos through this route or they risk being killed.
This is not in support of the Hausa / Fulani who also killed several people, but the acknowledgement of the truth will always form basis for negotiations rather than pretending that the killing is only done by one side.
I repeat this is not to justify the killing of anyone, but to serve as a basis for negotiations bc if the other party sees that he is only viewed as the aggressor when in essence he had also lost families, true peace will be elusive.
Apologies if you lost a love one and feel offended by this post.
We must also differentiate between ethnic killings like the Fulani and indigenous groups conflict,and Religious/jihadi conflict

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by ch91: 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:

You may be correct...i'm catholic and i've made such observation too.
but one thing i know for sure is that the catholic church over the world does not believe in the ''hit me i hit you'' approach...
it has always followed the path of dialogue and reconciliation in addressing issues...
The Nigerian Bishops are also acting in accordance with the universal church's position in conflict resolution as recognised by the holy see.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by emmasege: 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
ch91:

but one thing i know for sure is that the catholic church over the world does not believe in the ''hit me i hit you'' approach...
it has always followed the path of dialogue and reconciliation in addressing issues...
The Nigerian Bishops are also acting in accordance with the universal church's position in conflict resolution as recognised by the holy see.
Neither do the other churches believe in the "hit me I hit you" approach. I think what those other churches encourage is self-defence i.e. you don't fold your arms when you see them attacking you. This is very scriptural. Pls, go read the book of Nehemiah to see how the Jews prayed, worked with one hand and held their weapon in the other hand in readiness for any possible attack by the Sanballats and Tobiahs.

And let me ask you a question, if the Catholic church got the news that Jihadists were going to attack Cardinal Onaiyekan's residence or the Holy See in Rome, would they fold their arms and do nothing in terms of self defence? Pls, let's call a spade a spade. Other churches also belong to global bodies e.g. Anglican Communion, Baptist World Alliance. Since we live in Nigeria, we need to come together in the interest of the Nigerian church. The Council of Imams and the Sultanate can't be blackmailing CAN while befriending the Catholic Bishops. Onaiyekan and his colleagues should swallow their "bishopic' pride. If Jesus washed his dusciples feet and lived a life of humility and submission to constituted authorities, how much less Christians?

I rest my case for now.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by emmasege: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2017
vislabraye:

U can tell the difference when pst. Ayo Oritsejafor was there and now. Yet same Xtians fought hin.
I tell you if that man was still CAN president, Christians would still call him all sort of names. His worst critics were Christians. Thank God, he faithfully defended the faith in Nigeria in his capacity as CAN president. The Sultan and his northern jihadists are very happy that he's not there at the moment. I hope the current CAN president can really live up to that responsibility because I really have my reservations against him, even though I'm a Baptist.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by ch91: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:
Neither do the other churches believe in the "hit me I hit you" approach. I think what those other churches encourage is self-defence i.e. you don't fold your arms when you see them attacking you. This is very scriptural. Pls, go read the book of Nehemiah to see how the Jews prayed, worked with one hand and held their weapon in the other hand in readiness for any possible attack by the Sanballats and Tobiahs.

And let me ask you a question, if the Catholic church got the news that Jihadists were going to attack Cardinal Onaiyekan's residence or the Holy See in Rome, would they fold their arms and do nothing in terms of self defence? Pls, let's call a spade a spade. Other churches also belong to global bodies e.g. Anglican Communion, Baptist World Alliance. Since we live in Nigeria, we need to come together in the interest of the Nigerian church. The Council of Imams and the Sultanate can't be blackmailing CAN while befriending the Catholic Bishops. Onaiyekan and his colleagues should swallow their "bishopic' pride. If Jesus washed his dusciples feet and lived a life of humility and submission to constituted authorities, how much less Christians?
i never totally disagreed your position....
as i said earlier, you may be very correct

I rest my case for now.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by mrjadek01(m): 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
I hate this country with passion.... never know why God send me to this kind of environment.. merciless leader
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by tete7000(m): 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
criminalmindz:
uselees country, what is fr kukah smilling wih hem for. over 1000 people were killed and there all opening their brown teeth to smile. what shame

There is a Yoruba proverbs that says 'B'oro ba j'ekun lo, erin ni won fi n rin' - When a matter don pass crying, na laugh dem dey use am laugh. That man was born a christian minority in Kaduna, grew up in Kaduna, was a catholic priest for years in kaduna and has been bishop for years in Sokoto. He has witnessed more killings than you can imagine. Both as a priest and bishop he feels it more than you can. His members have been killed, his churches burnt times and times again.
So can you feel anything more than he has felt?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Tonymario58: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:

From your perspective?
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Dmacaw: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
Freetech:

It appears Christian in Nigeria already boxes themselves to the mercy of jihadist. Every head of investigating agency is a Muslim, so don't expect anything to come out of investigations where jihadist attacks Christian.
NCC where investigators could go for calls records/tra made hours before and after incidents is headed by a fantastic tactically supporting Bh
Police is headed by a Muslim
DSS headed by Muslim
Attorney General is a Muslim
Bursts the army chief a Muslim
Governors of most of the States where it happens, a Muslim
When Joe Obazee was removed, a Muslim Sulaimon replaced him.
Health agency head announced this week is also a Muslim.
Now tell me who will speak or defend Christians VB or their interest in such investigation.
Orisajeafor killed CAN and his puppet there is worse. They now use media to protest instead of going on their knees to shake all the shakable out of the way.

It's a very unfortunate situation we found ourselves, we politicize trivial issues leaving out main issues. CAN under Oritsejafor was vocal he spoke fearlessly for Christians against Northern Oligarchs it was CAN under Oritsejafors leadership that ensured BH was designated a terror group. It was CAN under Oritsejafor that awakened Christians to issues of Islamization. But what support did Christians especially the Catholic church give then rather than criticisims notably Cardinal Okogie who accused Oritsejafor of trying to launder $9.3m seized cash in SA. Time they say reveals all secrets investigations have been done and not even a penny has been traced to him rumours and unfounded allegations is what was used by Northerners and most regretably Christians to denigrate the office of CAN. Today the house is divided CAN called January 9th national day for prayers the Cardinal Onaiyekan opposed the call for prayers just because Catholics are not in the helm of CAN leadership. The Church in Nigeria needs to unite to fight against this onslaught by blood thirsty Jihadist.
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by mindtricks: 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Rather stale, and worse still belated!

All this crap leads nowhere!

If the authorities feign ignorance and chose not to send the security forces to engage the murderers at that material time they were busy killing the innocent Kaduna people, what does it matter now?

Blood of the innocent, who will they punish for the atrocities? NO ONE!

And all this window dressing kind of meetings still wont stop a repeat of this.

So Pathetic, Wicked, Depicable, Insensitive!
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 15, 2017
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by jollymizzle(m): 8:11am On Jan 15, 2017
Daatlaw11:
If indeed you r Catholic my reply to you goes thus: CAN just like Christendom originally started solely by Catholic church, a church which has always being levelheaded in its endeavors without sounding sanctimonious. The church has suffered more than any splinter church around in the attacks and is not a pushover whether CAN`s new administrator likes it or not.
Pls don't repeat this statement. The Catholic Church is responsible for the single blemish as regards Christianity over the ages. The Catholic Church is the only church I know to have committed atrocities bordering on genocide. So don't you say the catholic church has suffered,rather Christianity has suffered because of the Catholic Church. But even while it tries to repair it's image in recent times by always being in favor of dialogue, it shouldn't forget that Christian lives matter.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
MALLAM EL RUFAI MAY GOD DELIVER YOU FROM THE BLOOD HANGING ON YOUR HEAD IF YOUR HANDS ARE NOT FREE FROM THESE BLOOD
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by saintmark88(m): 12:46am On Feb 01, 2017
ch91:

Baba u deserve two bottles of chilled beer on me..... U back wella. The person u arguing with his comments are filled with hate, hate for muslims, hate for the catholic church. People are dialoguing on how to ensure peace he is there talking nonsense, he is vexed because d Catholic Church is not taking the murderous approach of Johnson Suleiman and Oyedepo and Co......
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by saintmark88(m): 12:55am On Feb 01, 2017
emmasege:

I rest my case for now.

U r a fool, a very big one at that, how will they meet with CAN that cannot separate religion from politics, bfre u employ violence in any form, all forms of diplomacy has to be exhausted, has the Pentecostal church exhausted all forms of diplomacy bfre calling out for violence. So wen u employ self defence as u claim does it mean that people won't still die, it even aggreviates D issue, it then turns a full blown war that will never end.

What is happening in southern kaduna is still n it's infancy, at this stage it has to be put to a stop, inciting violence in d name of self defence isn't a solution to d problem, rather it's a propellant.

Now u painting the Catholic Church bad because it's not Adeboye or Oyedepo thts n d meeting...... U r indeed a fool
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by emmasege: 6:46am On Feb 01, 2017
saintmark88:

U r a fool, a very big one at that, how will they meet with CAN that cannot separate religion from politics, bfre u employ violence in any form, all forms of diplomacy has to be exhausted, has the Pentecostal church exhausted all forms of diplomacy bfre calling out for violence. So wen u employ self defence as u claim does it mean that people won't still die, it even aggreviates D issue, it then turns a full blown war that will never end.

What is happening in southern kaduna is still n it's infancy, at this stage it has to be put to a stop, inciting violence in d name of self defence isn't a solution to d problem, rather it's a propellant.

Now u painting the Catholic Church bad because it's not Adeboye or Oyedepo thts n d meeting...... U r indeed a fool
I'll not join issues with you on this blessed morning. For your information, I'm not a Pentecostal Christian and neither am I a Catholic. I'm an evangelical Christian, Baptist to be precise.
I'm reporting you to "Constituted Authority".
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by saintmark88(m): 7:01am On Feb 01, 2017
emmasege:
I'll not join issues with you on this blessed morning. For your information, I'm not a Pentecostal Christian and neither am I a Catholic. I'm an evangelical Christian, Baptist to be precise.
I'm reporting you to "Constituted Authority".

I'd it not ur pastor that's the head of CAN right now??, D dude no wise at all... For saying he backs Johnson Suleiman, e no get sense
Re: Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis by Yujin(m): 8:08am On Feb 01, 2017
El Rufai should be arrested so he can tell us who those herdsmen are that he paid. He will have to tell us why he paid murderers instead of arresting them. All these smiles while the smoke from our burnt churches fill the air is a no-no for me. The same way the Enugu state governor was photographed smiling while having a handshake with Buhari shortly after the killings in Uzo-Uwani. It shows the height of irresponsibility. Would he have done the same if it was his immediate family members that were hacked to death? Our countenance tells a lot about the severity of our position. When Buhari visited the former Oyo state governor to protest for the fulani herdsmen reportedly killed in the state, he never came smiling. This is how true leaders react. It shows where your loyalty lies. Even El rufai's infamous tweet was not one of a smiling man. Serious issues demand serious disposition. Once again, El rufai should be made to produce those herdsmen that murdered innocent people in Southern Kaduna.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Bagudu Mobilizing People Ahead Of APC Presidential Campaign Today [Photos] / Nnamdi Kanu: FG Welcomes Ohanaeze To Monitor Trial Of IPOB’s Leader / Will Northern Politicians Do To Tinubu What They Did To Wike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.