Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer (10606 Views)

World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC / Okonjo-iweala “ready” To Be World Bank President / Nigeria’ll Regain World’s Largest Cocoa Producer Position — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by mikolo80: 1:55am On Jan 16, 2017
TuCloz:
First of all, exporters of the commodity has to be highly encouraged. More than 40% of cocoa leaving the shores of this country are leaving as 'ghost' unrecorded; they are being smuggled out because of the wide margin between the official and the black market rates. How easy is it to export cocoa out of the country as we speak? What registrations and levies are standing in the way? Take care of all those before seeing the farmers!
Bros which wan be black market rate, wen no be oyel.
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by mikolo80: 1:56am On Jan 16, 2017
lawani:

You dont need to smuggle cocoa out. The buyers come to Nigeria with millions of dollars which they change in the black market, so no need for smuggling of produce but the middle men can under declare at grading offices to avoid grading charges which is per tonne. I believe no charge at cuistoms.
ah I taya o. Smuggle cocoa wen no be cocaine
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by mikolo80: 1:57am On Jan 16, 2017
pacino26:
And just like crude oil we will end up exporting it and importing ten other products gotten from processed cocoa.

God help our ignorant leaders.
they're not ignorant
Dem just no get una time
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by mikolo80: 1:59am On Jan 16, 2017
Launcher:
Don't know how this is going to be achieved. I've been to Ikire in Osun state & seen how they load trucks of cocoa to Lagos everyday & I believe other places like Ikirun & co does in Osun alone, same with other states. The problem is the quality of this products.......most of them are rejected because of moistness & most farmers or merchants deliberately had dirt's & stones so the bags can weigh & transport to, police disturbs the trucks & collect 'roger' too. If the government can do something to curb these problems & sanction anyone who does & make the cocoa price stable, it would help a lot.

I know this cause my dad is a cocoa merchant & those are some of the problems they face
Bros I get interest. Can we talk
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by Launcher: 7:36am On Jan 16, 2017
mikolo80:
Bros I get interest. Can we talk

Alright bro......08168276841
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by Princess4ng(f): 8:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
dacovajnr:
you're still online undecided

Lol.... I go church oo
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by dacovajnr: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
Princess4ng:

Lol.... I go church oo
So u just dey cum from church? undecided
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by Princess4ng(f): 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
dacovajnr:
So u just dey cum from church? undecided

Lol... Just seeing the message
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by dacovajnr: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Princess4ng:

Lol... Just seeing the message
alright...so how was today?
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by Princess4ng(f): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
dacovajnr:
alright...so how was today?

Hmmmmm.. We bless God
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by dacovajnr: 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
Princess4ng:

Hmmmmm.. We bless God
Seemed you ain't even Sure about aw ur day went #scepticism lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by Princess4ng(f): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
dacovajnr:
Seemed you ain't even Sure about aw ur day went #scepticism lipsrsealed

Lol
Re: Nigeria Aims To Be World Largest Cocoa Producer by dacovajnr: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
Princess4ng:

Lol
So what have you had?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Business Logos With Subliminal Messages / Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market / Petrol Queue Resurfaces In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.