Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Attention Please; I Need Your Urgent Advise - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Attention Please; I Need Your Urgent Advise (349 Views)

Please Urgent Advise Needed My People / About to renew land lease For Telecoms Mast:i Need Urgent Advise Pls. / I Need Urgent Advise/assistance Regarding High Quality Roof Tiles For My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attention Please; I Need Your Urgent Advise by mightiersa: 10:21am On Jan 14, 2017
I am about buying a property for my brother in Ibadan. According to the provided documents by the family, I saw that the land was acquired in 1953... And I also saw a receipt of the grand rent payment to the Local Government.
If we buy the property, does it mean we have 35 years to be the owner of the land before the government take possession of the property based on 99 years lease length?
Please I need clarification on this. Thanks
Re: Attention Please; I Need Your Urgent Advise by ademasta(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2017
Interesting
Re: Attention Please; I Need Your Urgent Advise by tataiwo09(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
Go on...that iss how we do it...not about 35years...it's yours for life...they just needed to backdate it to avoid the enact of landuse act of 1973 or sso....u know if dey had nt backdated it...for u to get CofO wud be. Costlly....my bro no fear

(1) (Reply)

Greatgrace Properties&investments / For Sale @ A Give Away Price / Land For Sale At West Wood Parks At Sangotedo Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.