Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo (32455 Views)

Religious Group Protests Against Southern Kaduna Killings, Says All Lives Matter / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2017
xpool:
Christianity does not condemn killing, it condemns cold-blood killing, murder, unprovoked killing etc.
In fact Christianity supports killing to defend your life, territory, property etc.
All those wars and conquering in the Bible how do you think they were done, all the wars that David fought in Biblical history, was it plants that he fought?
Everything in life has got a season; A TIME TO MAKE FRIENDS, A TIME TO KILL, A TIME SAVE, A TIME TO PLANT, A TIME TO HARVEST etc.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE TOLD THEM TO DO!!!

Why do you people keep talking about self-defense when that idiot said "kill anyone that looks like them"?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by ceecee02: 11:01am On Jan 14, 2017
abatisegun:
Why did he make such statement at first instance when he knew fully well that his words will go a long way

nye nye nye nye nye in the first place....trash! when boko-haram was busy killing every christian they could find in the north. and by the way wat did he say? so if i defend myself against a supposed killer am wrong. or if someone reminds me that am not a dummy, that i should defend myself against a supposed killer the person is wrong abi....wake up oh ye sluggard.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by miblolo(f): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2017
KahlDrogo:
The media could be the real terrorist in our midst.

Jeez!

Cant you realised that he has said it....whether 20 or 30yrs back?
A man of God shouldn't be talking this way for Godsake
That was the same way BH came in to be.....from such statement

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Ofc I knew he would come out to deny it...Na today?! undecided

APC kinda behavior

I watched the clip in 2015. It was controversial then, as it is now. My surprise is the ease with which the poster parades the clip as if it relates to events of today. The clip was trending at the time the Bishop was quoted to have said that he would open the gates of hell to anybody who didn't vote for Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2017
herald9:
The Bible was written thousands of years ago, but it's still being quoted till today...
So why can't that same logic be applied to the words of a man of God, even if was said 5000 years ago? grin
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 14, 2017
Brugo:

Exactly. Besides, he actually incited his congregation to violence. Those words were not mere encouragement. That was a call to kill "anyone who looks like them".
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 11:05am On Jan 14, 2017
unmask:
defend themselves with what? Arms or prayers?

If you say arms "thou shall not kill"
Then your understanding, sir, is limited.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by bart10: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2017
admax:
Believe any news on social media at your peril.

Yet, that TonyeBarcanister or whatever is name is released a full Ababio on the story yesterday.

This guy na correct chemistry student grin
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2017
focus7:
The video na fresh video, i have it just that i don't know how to upload on Nairaland.
I'm not a fan of Oyedepo, but let's be sincere, the video isn't recent. It is not.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 11:07am On Jan 14, 2017
EmekaBlue:
I am a Christian and will surely kill any bloody bargar using his religious shiiit to come attack me...Even God in d bible led kings to war
You really need to understand a whole lot rather than have your emotion lead you. Ever wondered why God rejected David building the temple?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by KahlDrogo(m): 11:07am On Jan 14, 2017
admax:
Believe any news on social media at your peril.

Yet, that TonyeBarcanister or whatever is name is released a full Ababio on the story yesterday.
Yet ipob bastards believed it was a recent video relating to tje recent incidents iin southern kaduna and praised the bishop all day for "speaking up".

What then would you say about them?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Chidav123(m): 11:07am On Jan 14, 2017
I was in the service 2015 when bishop Oyedepo made that statement. So it's true that this quote is a carry over from 2015. The journalist of Nigeria are so dry and empty , they herald and circulate fake and old news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by focus7: 11:09am On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

I'm not a fan of Oyedepo, but let's be sincere, the video isn't recent. It is not.
I have checked the video again, you are correct.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 14, 2017
Noted. Judaism was practised in the old testament. The early church didn't fight back when they were prosecuted. Jesus condemned killing. I practise the teachings of Christ. Please i'm not here to debate or argue with nobody.
xpool:
Christianity does not condemn killing, it condemns cold-blood killing, murder, unprovoked killing etc.
In fact Christianity supports killing to defend your life, territory, property etc.
All those wars and conquering in the Bible how do you think they were done, all the wars that David fought in Biblical history, was it plants that he fought?
Everything in life has got a season; A TIME TO MAKE FRIENDS, A TIME TO KILL, A TIME SAVE, A TIME TO PLANT, A TIME TO HARVEST etc.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2017
AntiWailer:
I said it.
That it was an old message.
All these bloggers should be careful.
You will get hits, paper will sell and people will die.
Then u know u just made blood money.
Hehehehe, i said same too, hohohohoho.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Minirakiza: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2017
Look! don't just tell me that u re now afraid of those who kill the body but can not kill the soul.. Let me help u for one more time, let Christians defend them selves. !! who among u out there no matter ur religion will watch his/her enemy to slaughter him/her like a cow in the name of religion? Look! u said so and need nothing to fear. if we Christians can pray and request the sudden death of our enemy as u also pray in this video, then tell me why we should not defend ourselves physically from our enemies?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by xpool(m): 11:14am On Jan 14, 2017
unmask:
violence is the only language that some people understand true... But as a christian love is the only one you should understand
You are wrong!
Stop making Christians weak and defenseless and vulnerable.
"SAUL KILLED HIS THOUSANDS AND DAVID KILLED HIS TENS OF THOUSANDS" 1 Samuel 18:7, 1 Samuel 29:5.
Christians have fought uncountable wars from time immemorial, its everywhere in the bible.
I don't know where you people always read; is it a different book. If you want to die like a chicken without defending your children and family then what makes you the head of the family.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by rusher14: 11:14am On Jan 14, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww. If Nigeria can convert 80% of our mega church buildings & mosques to industries, Nigeria would be a successful and peaceful country!

The real zombies wouldn't hear of it.

They would rather insult and kill in the name of a God they've never and would never see.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by KahlDrogo(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2017
miblolo:

Cant you realised that he has said it....whether 20 or 30yrs back?
A man of God shouldn't be talking this way for Godsake
That was the same way BH came in to be.....from such statement
I understand that and i condemned him for making such statements. Even had to tell a Winners pastor yesterday i would never step my foot in a church who's GO admonishes his members to chop off the heads of people that "look like" bh members..

But the context is different. The posters made us believe the outburst was in reaction to recent events in southern kd, which is untrue.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 14, 2017
ceometromedia:
Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide a.k.a. Winners’ Chapel International, Bishop David Oyedepo has denied a report that he incited Christians to take up arms against Muslims while speaking on the Southern Kaduna crisis.

There had been reports that the Bishop said that Nigeria should break up if that is the will of God.

In a statement issued by the Chairman, Editorial and Media Board of the church, Dr. Sheriff Folarin, the Bishop said the video from which the quotes were taken was in a 2015 video when churches, including Winners’ Chapel’s Northern assemblies were under frequent attacks by Boko Haram.

“This was before the present administration took office,” he said.

“The message bears no relevance to today’s happenings; not even developments of 2016.

“The reporter(s), either being completely unprofessional, lazy or simply wicked, made the 2015 message look like a 2017 church service message.

“The trending video is NOT a 2016 or 2017 video.

“To this end, we can unequivocally and authoritatively say that this quote, the report and other similar reports do not fit the context of the Kaduna crisis or any developments whatsoever in the last one year.

“The reports are, therefore, fake, unbelievably and maliciously fabricated and outright lies. They are tweaked, baseless and fraudulent.

“Bishop Oyedepo has not said, either in private or public, anything related to the Southern Kaduna killings; not now, not hitherto.

“If there has been anything done, it has been prayer for peace and unity of Nigeria.

“The intent of the original author(s) or fabricators is best known to them.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/southern-kaduna-crisis-i-didnt-incite.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

What is bad is BAD. Irrespective of time and place.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by rusher14: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2017
Chidav123:
I was in the service 2015 when bishop Oyedepo made that statement. So it's true that this quote is a carry over from 2015. The journalist of Nigeria are so dry and empty , they herald and circulate fake and old news.

Vanguard trumpeted it.
Now, should the DSS arrest the journalist who decided to publish it we would hear "Buhari is a tyrant", "freedom of speech" etc.

They don't care the consequences and who goes after the statements are published including members of their respective families.

What can I say, we still have a swathe of primitive people amongst us.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by KahlDrogo(m): 11:20am On Jan 14, 2017
xpool:

You are wrong!
Stop making Christians weak and defenseless and vulnerable.
"SAUL KILLED HIS THOUSANDS AND DAVID KILLED HIS TENS OF THOUSANDS" 1 Samuel 18:7, 1 Samuel 29:5.
Christians have fought uncountable wars from time immemorial, its everywhere in the bible.
I don't know where you people always read; is it a different book. If you want to die like a chicken without defending your children and family then what makes you the head of the family.
Did God ask us anywhere to kill like David and Saul?

Matter of fact, He explicitly stated "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" and asked us to "LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AS OURSELVES".

If you tell me you cherry pick what teachings of the book to adopt, that i would understand.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2017
The bottom line is that He SAID SO.either 2015 or 2017 nothing changed

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by HENRY940: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2017
But......

Bloggers and the media will publish anything to generate tension = more attention = money

“The intent of the original author(s) or fabricators is best known to them.”

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2017
KahlDrogo:
The media could be the real terrorist in our midst.

Jeez!

You know, much as i criticised him for the statements, something told me some of it didnt add up to the present situation especially the part where he was quoted to have said "must a northerner become the president"?

What you try to juxtapose that with the fact a northerner is ALREADY the president, you start wondering what "BECOME", which is a future tense, is doing in that statement.

Now, i wonder all those who cursed the life out of Tonyebarcanista yesterday would say.

Shame.
Oyedepo is even ashamed of his words! his worshipers have no option than do same

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by KahlDrogo(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2017
kalindaminda:

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE TOLD THEM TO DO!!!

Why do you people keep talking about self-defense when that idiot said "kill anyone that looks like them"?
I really dont understand those people. How does saying "kill anyone who looks like them" amount to "self defence"?

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by xpool(m): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2017
mrdashing10:
Noted. Judaism was practised in the old testament. The early church didn't fight back when they were prosecuted. Jesus condemned killing. I practise the teachings of Christ. Please i'm not here to debate or argue with nobody.
To fit your convenience you separate the Bible; but when it comes to tithe the Bible becomes one indivisible word.
Stop misleading Christians, Christ said he did not come to change the law!
'Jesus Thou son of David ...'
'Saul killed in thousands and David killed in tens of thousands' 1 Samuel 18:7
And you think you know the WORD better than those who fought all the CRUSADES?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by miblolo(f): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2017
KahlDrogo:
I understand that and i condemned him for making such statements. Even had to tell a Winners pastor yesterday i would never step my foot in a church who's GO admonishes his members to chop off the heads of people that "look like" bh members..

But the context is different. The posters made up believe the outburst was in reaction to recent events in southern kd, which is untrue.
I understood that.....nevertheless one has to be extremely cautious of what he spits.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by gudnex22(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2017
modsfucker:
You did
Even if he did there is not wrong with that.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by maxzzo1(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2017
d fact remains defend urself....and el rufia is f**king responsible to dos killed because after dos protesters attacked him den all dis sh*t came on s/kaduna....moreover he says he settled den so what den happened?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by SalomonKane: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2017
miblolo:

The last time i checked....southern kaduna is in the North...as such the people of southern kaduna are northerners
Take note....do not generalise and insult all in the North
Watch your tongue young man
Will you shut up! Who are you calling young man and you are you telling not to generalize?

If you understand English you'd have deciphered the set of people I'm referring to. Me using 'uncircumcised northerners' is me referring to the blood thirsty individuals who live there. Be them southern or northern Kaduna indigene.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by xpool(m): 11:30am On Jan 14, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Did God ask us anywhere to kill like David and Saul?

Matter of fact, He explicitly stated "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" and asked us to "LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AS OURSELVES".

If you tell me you cherry pick what teachings of the book to adopt, that i would understand.
Did God condemn Davids killings in war?
'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart' God said.
You have to defend yourself against enemies, you sit at home and rejoice when soldiers kill criminals; Are you a double-edged sword?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masquerades Invade Plateau Church, Flog Pastor, Worshipers (pic) / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.