Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! (794 Views)

Biko How Do I Tag A Friend On Nairaland?? Pls Help A Friend!! / Wordpress Gurus And Enthusiasts, Biko Help And Answer / Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 10:40am On Jan 14, 2017
So, i want to start a blog and I'm stuck on something,
Which is choosing a domain name...

The thing is, I'm thinking of buying 3 domains for the website, for example:
1. AllIsWell.com
2. AIW.com (the abbreviated)
3. Aiw.com.ng

What i don't know is
1. Can i buy 3 domain names for the same website?
2. If 1 above is possible, i want to buy the .com.ng because people say they rank higher in local search...so practically, i want to get ranked higher locally but dont want to be left out globally too..
3. I want to also buy Aiw.com because it's easy to remember...

So please what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
What are the problem(s) attached?

Thanks.
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:17am On Jan 14, 2017
3 domains for one blog? grin..This guy funny.

First of all,what will your blog be about?..What's the niche?
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by betahost247(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

1. AllIsWell.com
3. Aiw.com.ng

What i don't know is
2. If 1 above is possible, i want to buy the .com.ng because people say they rank higher in local search...so practically, i want to get ranked higher locally but dont want to be left out globally too..

Thanks.

Hello,

Regarding your questions,

Yes you can buy three 3 domain name for the same website, but you need to consider Google/Alexa Rank. Using 2 or more domain name loading the same content reduce almost 70% rank on Google. The maximum you can use is 2 to avoid search engine rank reduction.

Buying a .com.ng domain name for local search is advisable if your target is within Nigeria and Africa, for global you might go for .com

Buying a aiw.com TLD very okay and stress free for visitors.

We can provide you with .com.ng or .com domain name and hosting for the project you are about to start with full support.

Our Hosting Plan Comes with Free SEO Tools

Visit: http://www.betahost247.com/webhosting.html for more

Thank you

Regards,
Adebayo Adeyemi
Beta Host Limited Sales/Support Team
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
3 domains for one blog? grin..This guy funny.

First of all,what will your blog be about?..What's the niche?
I want to blog about you!
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

I want to blog about you!

Smh.... You're not even serious
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
betahost247:

Hello,
Buying a .com.ng domain name for local search is advisable if your target is within Nigeria and Africa, for global you might go for .com

Buying a aiw.com TLD very okay and stress free for visitors.

We can provide you with .com.ng or .com domain name and hosting for the project you are about to start with full support.

O
Thanks, my friend wants to buy a 1 year hosting plan @ godaddy, $1/mo... Its a promo though, over there.
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Smh.... You're not even serious
Lol...
I want to blog about tech man...
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

Lol...
I want to blog about tech man...

You want to blog about tech and you want to call the blog AllisWell?.... Buhahahahaha.......Your blog go lost for blogosphere......You better come up with a better domain name.
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You want to blog about tech and you want to call the blog AllisWell?.... Buhahahahaha.......Your blog go lost for blogosphere......You better come up with a better domain name.
Seriously... Is that what you think?
Read the post again and you'll see i used it as an example!
Arrgh!
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

Seriously... Is that what you think?
Read the post again and you'll see i used it as an example!
Arrgh!

Except that o
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Except that o
Then whats your take/advice?
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

Then whats your take/advice?

The guy above has said it all
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

The guy above has said it all
Nawa ooo
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by Oyediran11(m): 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

1. AllIsWell.com
3. Aiw.com.ng

What i don't know is

Thanks.

I strongly believe your niche may/may not influence your domain name. You can even use your name, I don't see that as an issue. What I just think you should think about now is the issue of your target audience. If you're targeting local audience, .com.ng is the best and if you are targeting global audience, go for a .com domain.
Furthermore, about the issue of AIW and ALLISWELL, I will go for the later if it's memorable and not too long.
On the issue of hosting, what are your chances if Godaddy is to stop the promo at the end of January? Do you know the normal price already? Is it not going to affect you? And, do you know the other things you'll need? If yes, what have you done about them.
On buying 3 domains, I think that's waste of money. Anyway, I don't know why you think about that as an option. But, think about buying 1 domain and having you subdomains like, you can have dozens of subdomains with one domain. Like having: clothes.aiw.com, shoes.aiw.com, bags.aiw.com, etc. by buying just 1 domain (aiw.com). Personally, I think that saves money.
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by betahost247(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:

Thanks, my friend wants to buy a 1 year hosting plan @ godaddy, $1/mo... Its a promo though, over there.

Hello,

We also offer 20% Discount on all our Shared Hosting Plan.

Coupon Code: 20OFF

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Regards,
Beta Host Limited Sales Team
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 5:57am On Jan 15, 2017
Oyediran11:

I strongly believe your niche may/may not influence your domain name. You can even use your name, I don't see about that as an option. But, think about buyingving: clothes.aiw.com, shoes.aiw.com, bags.aiw.com, etc. by buying just 1 domain (aiw.com). Personally, I think that saves money.
Can i PM you?
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by bedfordng(m): 8:35am On Jan 15, 2017
okwyee:

1. AllIsWell.com
3. Aiw.com.ng

What i don't know is

Thanks.
you can do that by redirecting the domain to the main one you selected for your website contents. There is no way you can post same articles on the three domain because you have to specify and chose the one that you will use for the main contents while the rest will be for redirection. Better still, you can decide to use the different domain by posting snipet of the article from the main one so you can redirect visitors through it to the main source
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by Oyediran11(m): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2017
okwyee:
Can i PM you?
Yes. You can

(1) (Reply)

High DA (26) And PA (39) Domain For Sale / How To Register & Setup Propeller Ads Publisher Google Adsense Alternative / Verified Nigeria Non Hosting Adsense Account With $63 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.