Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! (454 Views)

Biko How Do I Tag A Friend On Nairaland?? Pls Help A Friend!! / Wordpress Gurus And Enthusiasts, Biko Help And Answer / Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by okwyee(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
So, i want to start a blog and I'm stuck on something,
Which is choosing a domain name...

The thing is, I'm thinking of buying 3 domains for the website, for example:
1. AllIsWell.com
2. AIW.com (the abbreviated)
3. Aiw.com.ng

What i don't know is
1. Can i buy 3 domain names for the same website?
2. If 1 above is possible, i want to buy the .com.ng because people say they rank higher in local search...so practically, i want to get ranked higher locally but dont want to be left out globally too..
3. I want to also buy Aiw.com because it's easy to remember...

So please what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
What are the problem(s) attached?

Thanks.
Re: Webmasters: Enter Here And Clarify Me Biko! by betahost247(m): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
okwyee:
So, i want to start a blog and I'm stuck on something,
Which is choosing a domain name...

The thing is, I'm thinking of buying 3 domains for the website, for example:
1. AllIsWell.com
2. AIW.com (the abbreviated)
3. Aiw.com.ng

What i don't know is
1. Can i buy 3 domain names for the same website?
2. If 1 above is possible, i want to buy the .com.ng because people say they rank higher in local search...so practically, i want to get ranked higher locally but dont want to be left out globally too..
3. I want to also buy Aiw.com because it's easy to remember...

So please what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
What are the problem(s) attached?

Thanks.

Hello,

Regarding your questions,

Yes you can buy three 3 domain name for the same website, but you need to consider Google/Alexa Rank. Using 2 or more domain name loading the same content reduce almost 70% rank on Google. The maximum you can use is 2 to avoid search engine rank reduction.

Buying a .com.ng domain name for local search is advisable if your target is within Nigeria and Africa, for global you might go for .com

Buying a .com TLD very okay and stress free for visitors.

We can provide you with .com.ng or .com domain name and hosting for the project you are about to start with full support.

Our Hosting Plan Comes with Free SEO Tools

Visit: http://www.betahost247.com/webhosting.html for more

Thank you

Regards,
Adebayo Adeyemi
Beta Host Limited Sales/Support Team

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Want To Build A Career In Mobile App Development?attend Empowertech / Google Adsense For Sale At Affordable Price / Create An Android App For Your Blog At 1500 And Earn Money From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.