Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria (25408 Views)

5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / 5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage / Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 11:05am On Jan 14, 2017
In Nigeria, some car features are used differently from the purpose they serve abroad. In some cases, we don't even use these features at all because they may cause more harm than good.

Let's take a look at some of the 5 car features we use differently:

1) Daytime Running Light (DRL):

For most Nigerians, the Daytime Running Light is more about the efizzy.. As we don't care about the functionalities. Some will even turn on their headlights if their car does not have DRL.. then they forget to turn it off when they get to their destination. The DRL is actually a safety feature that makes your car more visible to others especially during persistently dark and hazy winter seasons.

2) 4 Wheel Drive:

In several other countries, most drivers prefer the 4 wheel drive due to winter.. because it gives better traction in the snow. However, Nigerians want it for the bad roads or to climb culvert to escape traffic.

3) Engine stop-start function:

This feature is used to conserve fuel and reduce emission at traffic lights and in traffic congestion. It turns off the engine when you come to a complete stop.. and the engine fires back up when you lift your leg from the brakes. Most Nigerians i have seen just turn this feature off.. because, imagine the stop and go traffic, pressing your brakes for Okada and pedestrians etc.. your car will just be doing off and on like PHCN.

4) In dash navigation:

Many of us want our cars to have the Nav system for effizy. This thing will only navigate us to nowhere.. and please, don't buy those Chinko aftermarket screens. They will definitely disfigure your dashboard.

5) Bluetooth connectivity:

This is an amazing feature. You can make and receive phone calls without touching your phone. But I was surprised to learn that some of us hate this feature because our spouse must not hear our talk. Someone even cut off the whole connection cable because he didn't want to take chances.

Do you have any other that comes to mind?

https://autojosh.com/5-car-features/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2017
hmmmm.
what of car horn...

I think I noticed that I thought that I heard that someone said we abuse the use and usage of car horns here in this country.

Ekpo! FTC again...

without mentioning it too much, I will dedicate this front page to Trapqueen77, itsquinn, and all IDGF crew member..

meanwhile I want to exchange my bitcoin for some fvcks so I can have fvck to be giving around. contact if you are interested

14 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:14am On Jan 14, 2017
MykOnyxo:
hmmmm.
what of car horn...

I think I noticed that I thought that I heard that someone said we abuse the use and usage of car horns here in this country.

Some use it to ryhme with the songs they're playing.. grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

lol.. Mehn I like Nigerian swaggs die

9 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2017
MykOnyxo:

lol.. Mehn I like Nigerian swaggs die

Your siggy tho grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Your siggy tho grin
bro naxo ooo
Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by feldido(m): 11:35am On Jan 14, 2017
So the Reverse Cameras ... Most people still look behind to reverse even with the feature on.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 11:41am On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Useful when you are bored in traffic or u want to attract the attention of a cute chick close by grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Kjnwancaro: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
The hazard lights. Mad drivers use it to indicate They are going straight and will not slow down for any reason.

39 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
ok cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Remilekun101: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017

6 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by TANKDESTROYER(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nitro.... undecided
Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
grin grin grin
Noooo
We only use it to greet and keep deaf people out of the way grin grin
MykOnyxo:
hmmmm.
what of car horn...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by emmanuel596(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hazard light when it rains. smh

2 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
decatalyst:

Useful when you are bored in traffic or u want to attract the attention of a cute chick close by grin grin

My driver uses it to sing "Di do di do de" grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
@AutoJoshNG
#1,2&4
Are not correct
Daytime running lights are new to cars reason . Light reflection travels faster from its source of origin than its reflection . Bikes have thier lights on by default . Trucks are meant to have lights on by default .

U won't. Get far driving in 4x4

Sat Nav
This works .I used mine in PH yesterday to locate Ikoku . Went to change my suspension s.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by DjAndroid: 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
Please more enlightenment needed on the engine stop-start function

5 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by dayleke: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sebi na Naija.......

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Spidermon: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
The lighter socket.

Everybody here uses it to charge phones. Thanks to our Chinko brothers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Hotdiamond(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kjnwancaro:
The hazard lights. Mad drivers use it to indicate They are going straight and will not slow down for any reason.
This is so true.
Imagine Turing on the hazard lights, blaring the horns then driving at top speed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by psalmsjob: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Persistent tapping of the Horn to make music grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by codedtins: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
hazard lights.
i use it when im on topspeed.
hazard light
widely abused by govt convoy.
car smuggling

on screen dashboard/dvd headrest.mirror..
for effizy.
how many places dey naija map abegi.

yahoo light.
mostly used by 4.1.9 boiz

unlimited car horn
widely abused by cab men
okada men
tankers
police van
bullion van
customs van
ambulances
soldiers
convoy
pastors

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
feldido:
So the Reverse Cameras ... Most people still look behind to reverse even with the feature on.
I think that is a waste . I prefer parking sensors anytime everyday

2 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
Well am guilty of tapping the horn to music,but thats when i get carried away by the song.
Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by MrIcredible: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Bluetooth grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by luscioustrish(f): 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lighter socket

Reverse camera

Hazard lights....I'm not stopping oh better wait before you enter my front! angry grin
Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
One time, in Oyo, i boarded a cab from Owode to Ogbomoso. At a long stretch, the driver sped to about 150km/h up a hill & suddenly putnoff the engine at the point of descending the hill. The engine was off for close to 5 minutes. I felt like 'what All this just to save one-tenth of a liter of fuel.

Nigerians ehn. The hustle is really hard. grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by LoveJesus87(m): 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Walai. grin
Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
I remember. last week when I bought my jeep wrangler Rubicon TrapQueen77 was shouting skringes,skringes,skringes

so we did 3seconds fisting and player and I left undecided
Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
jesfrosh:
I remember. last week when I bought my jeep wrangler Rubicon TrapQueen77 was shouting skringes,skringes,skringes

so we did 3seconds fisting and player and I left undecided

Nawaaaaa shocked

I no fit shout oooo.. I can't even pronounce what u typed baba..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Nawaaaaa shocked
I no fit shout oooo.. I can't even pronounce what u typed baba..

you took 50000 bottles of codeine that day,you've probably forgotten grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Old E-Class Turned Into Rolls-Royce: The Real Story (photos) / Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones! / Which Car Was Your First Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.