Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. (37235 Views)

Kenneth Bramor Buys 2019 Bentley Super Luxury Car / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW / Mercedes Benz E-class Wins Best Luxury Car On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
So Toyota didn't start the Lexus brand you mean? BMW has the say to even make changes to rolls Royce engine which Volkswagen didn't have reason they sold it to BMW. As long as they own it, they make it even if Royce is an independent coy.

bejeria101:

They dnt make they own the franchise. Same thing with toyota and lexus. Its a franchise thing
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
So Toyota didn't start the Lexus brand you mean? BMW has the say to even make changes to rolls Royce engine which Volkswagen didn't have reason they sold it to BMW. As long as they own it, they make it even if Royce is an independent coy.

It's just like saying the dude that brought MacDonald from the owners isn't the one making the products now.
bejeria101:

They dnt make they own the franchise. Same thing with toyota and lexus. Its a franchise thing

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by EzeeYFB(m): 8:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
Benz all the way mehn Those guys have really drawn the line
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by dokiOloye(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ogu83:
I want to smoke in a benz
Lol.Been doing that every night and sometimes,day.For inside better benz oo,no be tuke tuke.
Holla @ me if U in Abj and Ur dream'll come true.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by Kunlinha: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
nnokwa042:
Japanese or korean car? Abi u mean chingwam cho from china? undecidedasia got only 2 countries that manufactures cars japan and korea
It's erroneous to say only two asian countries produce cars. India's Tata is well established & China produces as well but they aren't yet household names
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by Optimist88(m): 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
dmostcheerful:
Going for a Mercedes.
I don't see BMW as luxurious.
You sure you've seen any Latest BMW before? Let me answer that for you......

NO, I haven't!
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by erico2k2(m): 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
PapaBrowne:
BMW hasn't made nice new cars in a while!
Always wondered why that was!

Audi on the other hand has been doing crazy designs with superb functionalities.

This Year must better! Prayer, Hardwork, Insight & Intelligene!! Let the work begin!!

I am definitely buying my dream car The AUDI A7 no matter the price of dollar!!

Yes they have the M4 , X1,2,3 and 4.the 2 and 4 series . .The new GT
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by jaxxy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
PapaBrowne:
BMW hasn't made nice new cars in a while!
Always wondered why that was!

Audi on the other hand has been doing crazy designs with superb functionalities.

This Year must better! Prayer, Hardwork, Insight & Intelligene!! Let the work begin!!

I am definitely buying my dream car The AUDI A7 no matter the price of dollar!!

It's all about SALES... To cut the long story short.
The gwagon 2014/15 Amg sold more than d BMW x6/x6m
The Benz Gl450/550 sold more than the X5/x5m
The latest E class/C class sold better than the 7/5/3 series I think all due to the all new design they were given. Bmw had little or no changes. Give or take!

As for ur beloved Audi which I'm a fan of they still don't hv any noteable SUV since the infamous Audi Q7. The Q5 Ws good bt not a sting competitor cos of it's size. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by nnokwa042(m): 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kunlinha:
It's erroneous to say only two asian countries produce cars. India's Tata is well established & China produces as well but they aren't yet household names
oya go buy tata or china car biko
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by olisafincy(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
people dey fear BMW for naija because good mechanics are difficult to get.
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by ruggedadventure(m): 12:22am On Jan 15, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
BMW lost its crown as the world’s biggest luxury car brand to Mercedes-Benz, ending its reign after more than a decade.

The Munich-based manufacturer sold 80,000 fewer cars last year than the Daimler AG brand, which drew younger buyers with sporty redesigns and a bigger array of increasingly popular SUVs.

Mercedes had lagged behind the BMW AG marque since 2005 and temporarily dropped below Audi to third place before a revamped SUV lineup drove a strong comeback in recent years.

While BMW Chief Executive Officer Harald Krueger says he’s more focused on profitability than on sales, he needs funds to cover rising investments in electric cars and self-driving features. All three German luxury-car makers face that challenge — along with increased competition from expansions by smaller rivals such Jaguar, Volvo and Alfa Romeo, and from new entrants such as Tesla Motors Inc.

BMW is particularly vulnerable because it doesn’t have the deep pockets of a large parent to fall back on. Climbing research and development spending has pushed BMW profitability lower, with the ongoing revamp of its lineup also weighing on its earnings.

Credit: Bloomberg

https://autojosh.com/biggest-luxury-car-brand/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
A big thanks to AMG (Aufrecht Melcher Gossaspach) for the new designs if not benz na wack when it comes to designs
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by ukandi1(m): 3:21am On Jan 15, 2017
XXLDICK:
That one concern them.

I prefer Asian cars.

I no fit use money wey fit build house buy car

My love for Acura ZDX.

Not expensive but beautiful

That car is damn beautiful beyond mere words. Even d Honda version CROSSTOUR is pretty cool
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by walosky(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2017
buchilino:
DER R TWO TYPES OF CARS IN D WORLD, MERCEDES BENZ N OTHERS.
Even the manager of the BMW drives in a MERCEDES BENZ

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by buchilino(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2017
walosky:
Even the manager of the BMW drives in a MERCEDES BENZ

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U.
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by DonX001: 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
XXLDICK:
That one concern them.
I prefer Asian cars.
I no fit use money wey fit build house buy car
My love for Acura ZDX.
Not expensive but beautiful
That car is just beautiful, especially the white colour and the black one.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by DonX001: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Funnicator:
Please what's name of the first Mercedes image.. The navy blue?

S500
Re: Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 06, 2017
[quote author=Exectine post=52802479]Ndị ụwa!! Kedụ mgbe unu ga amụta na oge na agwuzi agwụ?? Biko rapu ihe nke ụwa were ọsọ n'ije chụba Chineke grin grin[/quote)

Nwanna okwu gi bu nke juputara na amamihe smiley ihe ikwuru bu nke gbasara okachasi ndi umu okorobia ma umu agbohobia. Ka chineke nyere anyi aka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Remember This Car? Who Can Guess Nickname? / 2018 Lexus LS500 – The Reborn Of A Flagship. / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.