Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

"You Can't Dress Anyhow You Like As A Christian" -Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "You Can't Dress Anyhow You Like As A Christian" -Pastor Chris (1437 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / "Can I Annoint Your Buttocks, Boobs And Vajayjay?"---christian Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Can't Dress Anyhow You Like As A Christian" -Pastor Chris by donnie(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional.

Godliness Is About Your Conduct

Friday, January 13th, 2017

Pastor Chris

But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness (1 Timothy 4:7).

The word “godliness” above actually means piety towards God, piety to spiritual or godly activities. It means devotion. It doesn’t refer to inner righteousness or inherent holiness. It’s about the things you do, how you respond to God, and to the things of God. For instance, there’s a way you ought to behave when you come into the house of God, because church isn’t like everywhere else. It’s a place of worship. There’s an attitude of reverence you ought to have when you come to church.

Godliness is about your demeanour. Your dressing matters; some piety is necessary in your dressing. There’s a decency that goes with the Spirit of God, and that decency must be in your life. There’re outward things that people should see in you, and say, “Yes, this is a Christian.” They can’t see it in your heart, but can see it in your character. That’s what godliness is about.

There’re movies you shouldn’t watch. There’re books or magazines you shouldn’t read. There’re places you just shouldn’t be found in, because you’re different. And if for any reason you find yourself in such places, you ought to go in there with godly piety. Yes, that’s the life you’ve been called to live. Your presence in a place should exude and transmit the righteousness of God, for you’re a tree of righteousness, producing fruits of righteousness.

Never lose sight of who you are; you’re different. You’re the symbol and embodiment of God’s glory, perfection, beauty, and righteousness. See and carry yourself as such: "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your righteousness as a gift, and inspiring in me the consciousness to walk in a perfect state of piety. I live true to my nature and calling in Christ as I bear fruits of righteousness and inspire many by my piety to spiritual and godly activities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Peter 3:10-11

10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11. [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

Psalm 1:1-3

1. Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2. But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Matthew 5:48

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Peter 1:5-7

5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 10:1-23,
Genesis 31-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 5:41-48,
Genesis 13

Leave comments on today's devotional www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: "You Can't Dress Anyhow You Like As A Christian" -Pastor Chris by God2man(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
donnie:
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional.

Godliness Is About Your Conduct

Friday, January 13th, 2017

Pastor Chris

But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness (1 Timothy 4:7).

The word “godliness” above actually means piety towards God, piety to spiritual or godly activities. It means devotion. It doesn’t refer to inner righteousness or inherent holiness. It’s about the things you do, how you respond to God, and to the things of God. For instance, there’s a way you ought to behave when you come into the house of God, because church isn’t like everywhere else. It’s a place of worship. There’s an attitude of reverence you ought to have when you come to church.

Godliness is about your demeanour. Your dressing matters; some piety is necessary in your dressing. There’s a decency that goes with the Spirit of God, and that decency must be in your life. There’re outward things that people should see in you, and say, “Yes, this is a Christian.” They can’t see it in your heart, but can see it in your character. That’s what godliness is about.

There’re movies you shouldn’t watch. There’re books or magazines you shouldn’t read. There’re places you just shouldn’t be found in, because you’re different. And if for any reason you find yourself in such places, you ought to go in there with godly piety. Yes, that’s the life you’ve been called to live. Your presence in a place should exude and transmit the righteousness of God, for you’re a tree of righteousness, producing fruits of righteousness.

Never lose sight of who you are; you’re different. You’re the symbol and embodiment of God’s glory, perfection, beauty, and righteousness. See and carry yourself as such: "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your righteousness as a gift, and inspiring in me the consciousness to walk in a perfect state of piety. I live true to my nature and calling in Christ as I bear fruits of righteousness and inspire many by my piety to spiritual and godly activities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Peter 3:10-11

10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11. [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

Psalm 1:1-3

1. Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2. But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Matthew 5:48

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Peter 1:5-7

5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 10:1-23,
Genesis 31-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 5:41-48,
Genesis 13

Leave comments on today's devotional www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

Wow! This is great. I salute the man of God. More grace, more annointing.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Dress Anyhow You Like As A Christian" -Pastor Chris by kechup1(f): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Dress Anyhow You Like As A Christian" -Pastor Chris by kechup1(f): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
SUBMIT TO HIS WILL.
Rhapsody of Realities
Saturday 14th January
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done" Luke 22:41-42
In the opening scripture, we observe how the Lord Jesus agonized earnestly in prayer to the Father. The forty-fourth verse of Luke chapter twenty-two actually says, “And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.” It was a moment of decision for Jesus. In His prayer, He said, “...Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me....”
He was referring to His imminent spiritual death, and the fact that, by that death, the Father would turn His back on Him, because the sins of the world would be laid on Him. This was the cause of His indescribable anguish. He knew what was ahead at the cross, a separation from His Father. However, from the beginning, He had prophetically declared, “...Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God” (Hebrews 10:7).
He knew what the Father’s will was, and He came to fulfil it, as clearly spelt out in the Word. So, irrespective of the terrible experience, the painful separation from the Father, which He loathed, He submitted Himself to the Father’s will. He was the expression and fulfilment of the will of the Father. This is what your life must be about: the fulfilment of the will of the Father.
If you ever find yourself at the crossroads of life, choose the Father’s will. You might ask, “What if I don’t know His will concerning the issue?” That’s one of the reasons you have the Holy Spirit; ask Him, and He’ll reveal it to your spirit. In addition, as you study the Word and meditate, the will of God is unveiled to your spirit. God’s Word is His will expressed; His wisdom is in His Word. Therefore, when you act on the Word, you’re living out the will of God.

Don’t try to look for a “new” will of God; stay in the Word! In the moment of physical weakness and pain, hold on to the Word, and you’ll receive strength. The Bible says concerning Jesus in His moment of anguish: “And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him” (Luke 22:43). Who was that angel? The Holy Ghost! When you come to a crisis moment, pray earnestly, affirming the Word, and you’d receive strength to do the will of the Father.
PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for strengthening me by your Spirit to do your will always. You’re the one working in me, both to will and to do your good pleasure. My life is a daily expression of your will, and I fulfil your purpose and destiny for me with glory and joy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Philippians 2:13 Romans 8:26-27 Romans 12:2

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 10:24-42 Genesis 34-35
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 6:1-13 Genesis 14

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islamic TV Hostess Known For Bragging About The Hijab Caught Guzzling Beer / Rccg Open Heaven Group / Plague Of Locusts Attacks Islam's Holiest Mosque In Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.