Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? (525 Views)

The Cost Of An American Education Vs. Nigerian Education. Is It Really Worth It? / Education Is The Best Legacy / An Important Phase Of Education Is Good Composition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by icubeguitar(m): 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
when I was growing up, my elders wouldn't let me do anything except study! Anything like sport, art work etc. The always have this education is the key ideology. Now, as an adult this doesn't look like what I was told by my elders, with the rate of unemployment flooding in our country and petty jobs for few graduates.
My question! thus; if education is the key, then what is the padlock?
Re: If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by Unionised(m): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Yes education is the key.

Just that our parents were pretty myopic and stereotypical about what an education really means.

We now know education is not restricted to the four walls of a class room.

So, over to you....

What do you tell your own children?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by kenneyyice(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
ME cool
Re: If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by icubeguitar(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
Unionised:
Yes education is the key.

Just that our parents were pretty myopic and stereotypical about what an education really means.

We now know education is not restricted to the four walls of a class room.

So, over to you....

What do you tell your own children?

Your point is good. I will tell them not to ignore knowledge but focus more on their talents and gifts. A mans gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men!
Re: If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Your talent will take you to where your education/certificate will sustain you.
Re: If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
kenneyyice:
ME cool

the padlock is ignorance/corruption.

i like your pattern of reasoning, you are the kind of person every organization should endevour to partner/engage

1 Like

Re: If Education Is The Key, Then What Is The Padlock? by psucc(m): 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
Illiteracy

(1) (Reply)

University Of Glasgow (commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme) / A Day In The Life Of A Medical Student {video} / UNILORIN Old Students Registration Procedures For 2016/2017 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.