Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! (6846 Views)

[pease Help] Tecno L9 Plus : Battery Not Charging To 100% / Tecno L9 plus Battery Is Rubbish / Opening The Back Cover Of Tecno L8 Lite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by duval2: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
My tecno L8 plus phone battery charges from 50% to 100% in less than 10min unlike before which is about 1hr 30min. The problem is that it discharges back to its original 50% in about 30min of usage. I don't know if anyone using this phone has experienced this and how it was solved. Pls quick response would be greatly appreciated....
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by aliyubaka: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
I have the same problem. This is my last techno phone. I have never enjoyed any techno phone. I'm currently using Huawei-Mate 8. I have also used samsung no problem. Please advise everybody to run away from techno phone. Have you ever wondered why techno is not listed on GSMArena.com ?. Because it is a substandard brand.

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
my tecno l5 battery troubled me and made me spent more than 8k just to bring back d phone but it couldn't b repsired. I just had to drop it in d waste bin ng got anoda one D's January.... from now...tecno is a no no for me.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Elxandre(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Mizmycoli
Please come and help them sad

Never knew Tecno had battery issues o.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by MizMyColi(f): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lol
Elxandre

OP, how long have you had the phone for?
This is the first time I'm hearing about battery issues on the L8 plus.

If the phone is still under warranty, can you take it to Carlcare and have them look at it for you?

Is it possible that you might have damaged the battery without knowing? Or maybe it's a factory defect?

Can't say really. This is new.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Emmysteve(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nawaoh. Just bought the phone not up to a week now. I pray not to experience this.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
duval2:
My tecno L8 plus phone battery charges from 50% to 100% in less than 10min unlike before which is about 1hr 30min. The problem is that it discharges back to its original 50% in about 30min of usage. I don't know if anyone using this phone has experienced this and how it was solved. Pls quick response would be greatly appreciated....
The battery is like it have spoil maybe if you can try use battery empty and charge it from 0_% to 100% hope it would help and resolve the problem
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Eleniyan15: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
first time someone complaining of l8plus ba3 I use the phone and I haven't experience issue like that maybe you do leave it plug and when it get to 100% you won't remove it,it kills battery easily but since you said it a new phone it should be factory defect

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Behankey(m): 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
This is new o. A friend of mine has been using the phone and has never had this kind of issue. Best bet is to take it to Carlcare and let them diagnose
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by mirakuru(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
well the same thing happened to my device like 3 times...but I noticed that when you are charging you need not operate the phone if you do you get a 100% charge in few minutes..since I noticed this I stopped operating my phone each time I'm charging and its been charging fine since then..but if I try to operate while charging again I get to experience same thing...
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by duval2: 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
MizMyColi:
Lol
Elxandre

If the phone is still under warranty, can you take it to Carlcare and have them look at it for you?

Is it possible that you might have damaged the battery without knowing? Or maybe it's a factory defect?

The phone is about 9 months old so its still within the warranty time frame, only problem is that there's no calcare Centre here in Nnewi, Anambra State where I reside...
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by duval2: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
Iamtosignno:
The battery is like it have spoil maybe if you can try use battery empty and charge it from 0_% to 100% hope it would help and resolve the problem
Thanks for your suggestion, I think I will try it. My fear though is, lest it charges from 0% to 100% in less than 30min and then crashes back to 0% in about the same time frame during usage ... Anyways I will try it out and give a feedback.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by duval2: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
mirakuru:
well the same thing happened to my device like 3 times...but I noticed that when you are charging you need not operate the phone if you do you get a 100% charge in few minutes..since I noticed this I stopped operating my phone each time I'm charging and its been charging fine since then..but if I try to operate while charging again I get to experience same thing...
I wasn't operating the phone while charging when I had these experiences with the phone. Thanks for your contribution..
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by MizMyColi(f): 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
duval2:
The phone is about 9 months old so its still within the warranty time frame, only problem is that there's no calcare Centre here in Nnewi, Anambra State where I reside...

Too bad.
Have you tried seeing an engineer or getting a possible battery replacement?
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by MizMyColi(f): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Emmysteve:
Nawaoh. Just bought the phone not up to a week now. I pray not to experience this.

No dey fear joor.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
duval2:
Thanks for your suggestion, I think I will try it. My fear though is, lest it charges from 0% to 100% in less than 30min and then crashes back to 0% in about the same time frame during usage ... Anyways I will try it out and give a feedback.
Try it and give me feedback but i recommend you shouldn't be charging it always in this way
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Protein0: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
duval2:

Tecno l8 plus was officially launched April, 2016 and wasn't available in Nigeria immediately. So d "about 9months old" is a poser to my cerebrum.
I used tecno l8 plus for more than 4 full months and I didn't av a single complain about it. The phone is complete. Whereas ur claims myt b true, ur presentation raises dust. what kind of charger do u use for it? U need to run ur battery to near flat occasionally to keep it healthy, unplug ur charger immediately charging is complete. I can categorically confirm a previous submission dt using d phone while charging makes it charge and subsequently drain faster.
To those that just got the phone and intending buyers, fret not. tecno l8 plus rocks, especially if u desire battery.
Peace!
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by duval2: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Protein0:

Tecno l8 plus was officially launched April, 2016 and wasn't available in Nigeria immediately. So d "about 9months old" is a poser to my cerebrum.
I used tecno l8 plus for more than 4 full months and I didn't av a single complain about it. The phone is complete. Whereas ur claims myt b true, ur presentation raises dust. what kind of charger do u use for it? U need to run ur battery to near flat occasionally to keep it healthy, unplug ur charger immediately charging is complete. I can categorically confirm a previous submission dt using d phone while charging makes it charge and subsequently drain faster.
To those that just got the phone and intending buyers, fret not. tecno l8 plus rocks, especially if u desire battery.
Peace!
Thanks for your contributions. I actually bought the phone on the month of June last year, that makes it 7 months and not 9 months which I wrongly quoted earlier on. However, I think that the battery charging challenge I had has corrected itself. What happened was that I traveled out of my usual place of residence for some days when I had the battery problem. Since I returned and started charging my phone in my regular place of abode the issue has corrected itself. So... My thinking is that the power source I used for charging my phone could be responsible. Thanks a whole lot all of you for your concern as evidenced and expressed through your contributions.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Protein0: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
duval2:
Thanks for your contributions. I actually bought the phone on the month of June last year, that makes it 7 months and not 9 months which I wrongly quoted earlier on. However, I think that the battery charging challenge I had has corrected itself. What happened was that I traveled out of my usual place of residence for some days when I had the battery problem. Since I returned and started charging my phone in my regular place of abode the issue has corrected itself. So... My thinking is that the power source I used for charging my phone could be responsible. Thanks a whole lot all of you for your concern as evidenced and expressed through your contributions.

We r glad to realize that ur battery challenge has been resolved.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by parrotibaba(m): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
And op don't drain your phone to 0% like some people suggested here, that procedure kills batteries faster.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by rufans(m): 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
its a normal thing happening to me.....
when ever you notice it again, dont unplug your phone..
leave it to charge till the charger head gets cold.. else the 100% that was charged wont last
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Protein0: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
parrotibaba:
And op don't drain your phone to 0% like some people suggested here, that procedure kills batteries faster.

I hope u understand what "near flat" means? undecided
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by parrotibaba(m): 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Protein0:

I hope u understand what "near flat" means? undecided
I don't think I quoted you when I made that post so what exactly is your problem? undecided
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by excanny: 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
duval2:

If you didn't do anything terrible to your battery, you usually get covered by warranty or visit Carlcare, Tecno's official repairmen.

Most L8+ users don't have this issue, probably yours is just an isolated case.

That's the purpose of warranty. Nothing is perfect in this world. Great brands do recalls all the time to correct isolated cases of error. Ask Toyota, Samsung and the rest.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Carlcaresophia: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2017
strong766:
my tecno l5 battery troubled me and made me spent more than 8k just to bring back d phone but it couldn't b repsired. I just had to drop it in d waste bin ng got anoda one D's January.... from now...tecno is a no no for me.
Hello strong766, is it Carlcare Service Center you brought your phone back? If yes, please let us know which Carlcare you visited and let us know your phone number.
If it is not Carlcare Service Center you bring your phone back, we suggest you take your phone to it, our colleagues there will check the problem for you. Thank you!
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Carlcaresophia: 8:30am On Jan 18, 2017
duval2:
Hello duval2, you can bring your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues there to check for you. Thank you!
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by bobo65(m): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:
Lol
Elxandre

One thing iv noticed about tecno phones, over a period of time, like short period of time, their selling Points starts deteriorating

My C8 camera became "not as sharp as it was" under 8 months of use, my phantom 5 screen became blur and d 3000mah battery was more like 2000mah, same with my l7, H7 is a death trap

D tecno phone I enjoyed most was my m6
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by bloodsiamese(m): 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Am planning on buying this phone soon.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by excanny: 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
bobo65:

One thing iv noticed about tecno phones, over a period of time, like short period of time, their selling Points starts deteriorating

My C8 camera became "not as sharp as it was" under 8 months of use, my phantom 5 screen became blur and d 3000mah battery was more like 2000mah, same with my l7, H7 is a death trap

D tecno phone I enjoyed most was my m6

You are probably a rough phone user. When you throw your phone on the ground all the time, they start developing issues. Someone else will use the same for over 2 years without a single scratch. So it depends how you maintain it.

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by 100naira(m): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
excanny:

You are probably a rough phone user. When you throw your phone on the ground all the time, they start developing issues. Someone else will use the same for over 2 years without a single scratch. So it depends how you maintain it.
He never mentioned throwing his phones on the ground and he's right, Tecno phones deteriorate over time. I used the c8 and after a while, it started to hang and camera wasn't as sharp as it was before.

1 Like

Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by excanny: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
100naira:
He never mentioned throwing his phones on the ground and he's right, Tecno phones deteriorate over time. I used the c8 and after a while, it started to hang and camera wasn't as sharp as it was before.

ive used mine over some time and I dont have such issues.
Re: Tecno L8 Plus Battery Problem- Help Urgently Needed! by Dandsome: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
aliyubaka:
I have the same problem. This is my last techno phone. I have never enjoyed any techno phone. I'm currently using Huawei-Mate 8. I have also used samsung no problem. Please advise everybody to run away from techno phone. Have you ever wondered why techno is not listed on GSMArena.com ?. Because it is a substandard brand.

No dont say that, me iv been enjoying tecno phone for years

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ulefone Future | First Chinese Bezel-less Phone | The Future Has Come / Whats The Best Music Player App On Phone / Quick Ways To Check If Your NIN Is Successfully Linked To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.