Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) (813 Views)

PHOTOS: Checkout Gov. Rauf Aregbesola’s Legacy Projects In Osun State / Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Ajibola Ajimobi Lambasts LAUTECH Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) by yusufu16: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYmFmiSlnrA

"You complain your school is shut since eight months. Am I the person who closed your school?'

"If this is how you want to talk to me, then go and do your worst"

"If you want to be troublesome, I dare you. I'am ready for you. Let's see what happens then."

"You should have little respect for constituted authority, no matter what"

"And if somebody of my calibre meets with you...(somebody shouts eight months)...eight months of what..?

"This is not the first time schools are getting shut. So what?"

"Its not to come here and sing "it wil be rough this time." To be rough for who.. is it for me?.....(somebody shouts for you)..You mean it will be rough for me" It is for me? Me? Bring that boy here for me.....(crowd block the boy). Leave him"

"We must face reality. The reality on ground is your management, the oyo state and many governments, they lack fund. If they lack fund, they must find a way to help the students. But if you come here and you are shouting at me, I am not gonna talk to you. And if you want to start troubles, go ahead!. This government will not tolerate nonesense from anybody."

"Let me tell you. What I want now is, as you've come, you should plead, "boss, they've shut our school. Dear, Governor...(Students rejecting his idea.). (Points at one student). Is this one a student? You there? Its a pity!. What course are you studying? What course are you "DOING"? (Answers) Accounting. Accounting? Is it Accounting? You know something? With you behaviour, I'm not going to talk to you again. So if you want to do anything, go and do it. I will wait for you. As a reasonable people and you are unreasonable, I am not going to talk to you."

"We were holding Excos meeting, I came out...This is all for you. You are just very few..."

"This is the Constituted Authority for Oyo State. Even if I don't pay salary or I don't pay this...The fact is that I am the Constituted Authority. It does not remove that authority."

Cc: lalasticlala , seun
Re: Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) by SexyNairalander: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
booked
Re: Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) by Firefire(m): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
Let us listen to the reactions of the chief of Oni gbese, Aare Onigbese... Rauf Aregbesola...

Failed leaders as much as failed followers.

APC government is a complete failure. embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) by owodokiri: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
where did they recruit these people from?

1 Like

Re: Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) by oduastates: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Even though these politicians are thieves in the conventional sense , most of the problems we are seeing is a problem of citizenship
Nothing is free .
The idea that everything is free is how we got here.
Social infrastructure such as education , health etc can be free at the point of use .
But someone has to pay for it beforehand .

If people stopped handing 20% of their income to fake pastors and MMM and start paying taxes in full,maybe just maybe then,they will something to say.
If people in Oyo state paid just 20% of the the state's GDP in taxes ,

Oyo state's budget would have been over $3 billion out of a GDP of $15 billion. Yes you heard that ,
Oyo state's budget would have been over N1.5 trillion instead of the actual budget N207 billion ( peanuts) today .
Talking about being penny wise pound foolish.

1 But people prefer to waste N5000 petrol in traffic( go slow) ,on bad roads than N500 pay toll.

2 They prefer to struggle to pay N150,000 primary school fees than pay the taxes required to fund good quality public education for less.

3 They prefer to spend 5 million Naira on a cancer hospital bill than pay for a monthly N1000 health insurance

You go on and on.
4 Policing - private maiguard
5 Electricity - generator
6 water - borehole
7 Justice - wetie

There was a time when people used to pay their taxes . They paid taxes to the government and also paid indirect taxes to churches( Anglican ,Baptist,Methodist,Catholic) who invested the money directly back into the communities with quality Schools ,orphanages , hospitals, libraries, training centres etc ( don't ask me how I feel about the scamhouses aka Pentecostal churches of today.
The social contract being the leaders and the led , between the led and the leaders and everybody in between is completely broken .
You have thugs controlling motor parks, bus stop who are raking billion annually ( money that should be going to the state and local government coffers ) .

List of countries by tax revenue as percentage of GDP
Country Tax as % of GDP
Nigeria 6.1
Norway 43.6
OECD 34.8
Oman 2.0
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_revenue_as_percentage_of_GDP

1 Like

Re: Shame! Checkout Gov. Ajimobi's Encounter With LAUTECH Students (must Watch) by eaglechild: 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Very arrogant man who has totally forgotten that he is a mere public servant that was voted into office.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Jet Used By Jammeh To Ferry Huge Amounts Of Cash Stolen From Gambia / Trump's Executive Action For Nigeria / Pdp’s 16 Years Responsible For Nigeria’s Problems — Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.