Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,765 members, 7,851,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers (67326 Views)

Plateau: How Nigerian Govt Encourage Murderers – Amnesty International / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / January 15,1966 Coup:conversation Between Lt.col Pam And His Murderers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ngozi123:

The fact that the coup in the Eastern region occurred a bit later than the other ones was a major reason why it failed there. This was due to unforeseen circumstances.
I understand. This is still the same reason why Igbos are busy "developing" other regions while ignoring there's. So some Igbo "patriots" decided to focus on offing other region's leaders while they slacked off on doing there's in abi? Weddone!

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Super1Star: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ngozi123:

I have no idea who you are...

Then you are impersonating the only authentic Ngozi in Politics Section, known as Ngozievergeen and other Ngozi-monickers.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by nku5: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ngozi123:

Dennis Osadebay, the Igbo Premier, was placed under house arrest and Michael Okpara, the Premier of the Eastern Region, was also arrested. However, Okpara's arrest was delayed by the fact that he was hosting the Head of State of Cyprus, Archbishop Makarios. Had it not been for this, he would have been arrested much quicker and maybe Ironsi wouldn't have had enough time to send Lt-Colonel Ejoor to the East to quell the coup there. You see, Ironsi was already in Lagos when this happened and so was aware of the coup going on there. Essentially, it's almost impossible to plan these things to perfection.

Also, the main coup plotter in the East, Lieutenant Oguchi, was one of the soldiers who advocated for a bloodless coup so he may have been apprehensive to kill them so quickly. I honestly believe that had Ifeajuna caught wind of this, he would have ordered them to execute them immediately but this couldn't happen because there wasn't enough time. Many of the other military leaders/politicians were arrested before they were executed.

This babe sabi book mehn! Well read somebori
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by raumdeuter: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Super1Star:
DK ekun oko Dede Mor0n.

Have you heard from Katz recently?

I've lost touch with the former politics crew like desola, ektbear ilekeidi etc

Me I don lie low. I just came out to politics for the remembrance of my great uncle

Aare Samuel Ladoke Akintola

Ajalagbe omo kuloodo Yaagbo yaaju omo kara who was killed by those Ibo soldiers led by nwobosi

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ngozi123(f): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
logica:
I understand. This is still the same reason why Igbos are busy "developing" other regions while ignoring there's. So some Igbo "patriots" decided to focus on offing other region's leaders while they slacked off on doing there's in abi? Weddone!

I'm going to ignore your first point as it is irrelevant and only highlights your anti-Igbo sentiments. undecided

They didn't 'slack off'. They couldn't arrest Okpara until the Archbishop had left; it's as simple as ABC. Not all of those arrested were executed, Femi Fani-Kayode's dad was one of them.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ngozi123(f): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Super1Star:

Then you are impersonating the only authentic Ngozi in Politics Section, known as Ngozievergeen and other Ngozi-monickers.

Do you understand what 'impersonate' means? I've never pretended to be someone I'm not- my real name is Ngozi.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dedetwo:
R. Iluyomade was not a Major during the debacle and could not have commanded a platoon. The man's actual involvement was as a courier. There were two Iluyomade and were brothers.

And you know this because...??
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Dedetwo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
laudate:

And you know this because...??

Because you do not know both Iluyomade have not made rank of Major during the Ore debacle.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dedetwo:
This crap you seemed to adore as gospel is a total junk without semblance to military doctrine. It is a shame that caliber of soldier such as Lt Col James Pam had to hurry to phone to tell Gen. Ironsi that coup is underway simply because of sounds of gun shots in his compound. Unless he, Lt Col James Pam, had prior knowledge of the coup, the act of calling his GOC to inform that there is coup because a gun shot was heard in his compound amounts to court-martial offence.

(yawn) sad ... And this is the twisted, warped theory you seem to revere... Well, that is ok. Folks like you have an aversion for the truth. The fact that you don't like the report, does not stop it from being the truth.

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dedetwo:
Because you do not know both Iluyomade have not made rank of Major during the Ore debacle.

Ok, so it is the rank that offends you..! I see! cheesy
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
Qelvin:

I have a far better knowledge of the Nigerian civil war that you do, all you did was post a except( could be just some article for academic research and discourse of someone who never witnessed the actual war, but culled his/her version from what was presented as fact by a pro Nigerian standpoint) I have your time today, please debunk my so called lies with actual accounts of both Nigerian and Biafran officers and men who saw action and wrote their own versions of the war.

You?? shocked You have a far better knowledge of the civil war than I do? undecided Let me guess... you fought on the side of the Biafrans and you have scars to show for it? Or you were on the battlefield at Ore carrying ammunition with your war colleagues? Or you were with Ojukwu inside his bunker planning war strategies? Which one?? shocked because your puerile responses so far have not shown that you have any in-depth knowledge of the war that is not in public domain already.

Qelvin:
Why should I take Alabi Isama's own version of the Midwest invasion over the quite intriguing version of Achuzia's own in his book titled "Requiem Biafra?" I have cross checked various journals, articles, and correspondents from various creditable databases online and even books written by principal actors on both sides as well more balanced versions from prolific foreign observers who covered the war,and the versions all differ in one form or another...so I'll definitely not settle just so easily for anything I just happen to read from either the Nigerian or Biafran side to be honest.

Guy, I really do not care what 'side,' you prefer to believe. undecided You have not cited any sources to buttress your points. Neither have you brought forth any evidence to support your views. You keep expecting others to spoonfeed you with info, as if you are toddler. sad Sorry, I don't have time to do that. Go and conduct your research, and kindly get off my mentions since you have nothing to add to the on-going discourse! sad

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Dedetwo(m): 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
laudate:

Ok, so it is the rank that offends you..! I see! cheesy

When you cannot get the rank of a soldier correctly in a narrative, how on earth can you understand the intrigues of the military parlance in the goofy and feel-happy story? No wonder Nigeria seems to head down the valley.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
logica:
Guy, leave these historically deficient entities to be "doubting". The full transcript of the investigation done by the Nigerian Police is freely available on the Internet.

Thank you, o! cheesy That was how one chap said there was no one present when Pam was arrested and later executed, in his bid to try and make the whole report sound like a figment of someone's imagination. sad Even the late Chief Remilekun Fani-Kayode spoke about the night Akintola was arrested and everything he saw, before God had mercy on him (i.e. Fani-Kayode) and he was able to escape. His experiences have been documented by his son, and are all in public domain.

like I said before, once there are eyewitnesses to an event, there is always the chance that facts about that event will leak out, or be reported somehow, somewhere, by someone, in some place, at some point in time! undecided
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dedetwo:
When you cannot get the rank of a soldier correctly in a narrative, how on earth can you understand the intrigues of the military parlance in the goofy and feel-happy story? No wonder Nigeria seems to head down the valley.

Sorry, if the story does not please you. But those are the facts, and the way it was reported. I have not come across any reputable military historian or any of his colleagues that served with him, disputing these facts. If Iluyomade was not a Major during the civil war, then he obviously became one after the war, because at the time the interview was conducted with him, that was the rank he was addressed by. Google it! undecided
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
raumdeuter:
I've lost touch with the former politics crew like desola, ektbear ilekeidi etc

Me I don lie low. I just came out to politics for the remembrance of my great uncle

Aare Samuel Ladoke Akintola

Ajalagbe omo kuloodo Yaagbo yaaju omo kara who was killed by those Ibo soldiers led by nwobosi

Guy, may the soul of the late Sir Ladoke Akintola continue to rest in peace, and may God continue to console, protect and comfort all those he left behind.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by T9ksy(m): 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
logica:
He had not choice! They would lead him out of jail sticking a barrel to his back and order him to rule. Never mind they never made it to Calabar to free him. wink

Yes na! They risked their lives to stage a coup only to then force (allegedly), Awo to become PM. Bunch of jokers that thinks

the rest of us are wet between the ears.Unless of course, they going to tell us that it was actually Awo that masterminded the whole thing from

his prison cell, in calabar.

I tell you, been mendacious is deeply ingrained in their DNA.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Qelvin:

Element of surprise can make a small force look spartan buddy...for the umpteenth time the Midwest region was a buffer zone and was deemed neural at the outbreak of hostility, so it's very much conceivable that the region would have fallen very easily to the Biafrans cause it wasn't heavily defended, the Biafrans SURPRISED the Federal side as they didn't even see the invasion coming, and when it did the Nigerian side were pretty much in hasty retreat, the Biafrans had the momentum of surprise,speed, and a degree of good Intel...that was why the entire Midwest crumbled like a pack of wild cards when the Biafrans struck, and such was the success of the invasion that the Biafrans covered far more ground that they even anticipated, Ore was there for the taking but Banjo decided for reasons best known to him halt the attack, even your Alabi Isama reported that Biafrans had the momentum, cause he was with the Biafrans before he defected to the Nigerian side... the Nigerian troops were surely not better trained, Igbos always had the best crop of military officers right from the post independence era to ...Nigerian soldiers were simply better equipped, and that alone didn't save them when they were wiped out by a small Biafran force at the botched river crossing attempt at Asaba three times.

Oh, now you acknowledge that the old Mid-west was a neutral zone. sad Were you not the same person disputing earlier that Ojukwu and Ejoor the former administrator of the old Midwest did not have any agreement that the region would be neutral? Interesting! cheesy

Anyway, like I said earlier, you are free to continue disputing the fact that there was a battle at Ore, despite the fact that it has been well documented. I guess if it makes you sleep better at night, what is my own business? Knock yourself out, kid. undecided

Anyway, Murtala Muhammed's team could not make the crossing because of the faulty strategy he used. Eventually another battalion commanded by federal soldiers made a successful crossing, and kicked the Biafran army out of the old Midwest. Are you happy, now?
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
laudate:

You?? shocked You have a far better knowledge of the civil war than I do? undecided Let me guess... you fought on the side of the Biafrans and you have scars to show for it? Or you were on the battlefield at Ore carrying ammunition with your war colleagues? Or you were with Ojukwu inside his bunker planning war strategies? Which one?? shocked because your puerile responses so far have not shown that you have any in-depth knowledge of the war that is not in public domain already.

Guy, I really do not care what 'side,' you prefer to believe. undecided You have not cited any sources to buttress your points. Neither have you brought forth any evidence to support your views. You keep expecting others to spoonfeed you with info, as if you are toddler. sad Sorry, I don't have time to do that. Go and conduct your research, and kindly get off my mentions since you have nothing to add to the on-going discourse! sad

Thank you!
go f.v.c.k yourself you Slag, you stay on every thread a damn topic that relates to Biafra or Igbos, if that's not some sickening obsession then I don't know what else it is, your archives are there to see...you are active on about 60% of post about Igbos, you need to die quick already,oniranu.

Talking about citing sources, I'm I supposed to waste my time countering what I have already read from several books already? If I were to cite a quote from Madiebo's book in lieu with my standpoint, what difference will that make to someone like you who insist Alabi Isama's own version has to be right because he was at the war theatre in Ore, Madiebo's book still remains a best seller, go to Amazon and read the thrilling reviews about it from people all over the world, for a book that was written in the late 80's, it's sustains a lot of respect due to the in depth and balanced account of what happened on both sides, you have no right to tell me to get off your mentions, it'd best you stfu and don't respond at all.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Qelvin:
Lol...the oyinbos followed the Federal forces, like they weren't any foreign correspondent in Biafra too abi?

Don't mind that guy. undecided As if the foreign reporters were not inside Biafra too, releasing news about the war to the outside world. Ojukwu even employed a public relations firm with a huge amount of money, in a bid to gain the sympathy and support of the West. Even the federal side, had their own PR firm sending out their own side of the story to the international world. sad
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
In that case there's nothing special about Biafra fighting and holding Nigeria and its allies back for three years. That was not an Ibo feat of brevity and strength,since there were Yorubas in the Biafran force. Your Biafran effort was backboned by Yoruba inclusion.

Now you want to cause confusion in their midst!! Hehehe... take time, o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by T9ksy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ija Ore, Oleku!!!

The battle at Ore was a fierce one.

It was a turning point in the civil war. From thence on, the rag-tag Biafran Liberation Force (sic!) were retreating till they eventually capitulated in

Jan 1970 and their war-lord ran off to abidjan dressed like an ugly bearded si.s.sy

3 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
laudate:

Oh, now you acknowledge that the old Mid-west was a neutral zone. sad Were you not the same person disputing earlier that Ojukwu and Ejoor the former administrator of the old Midwest did not have any agreement that the region would be neutral? Interesting! cheesy

Anyway, like I said earlier, you are free to continue disputing the fact that there was a battle at Ore, despite the fact that it has been well documented. I guess if it makes you sleep better at night, what is my own business? Knock yourself out, kid. undecided

Anyway, Murtala Muhammed's team could not make the crossing because of the faulty strategy he used. Eventually another battalion commanded by federal soldiers made a successful crossing, and kicked the Biafran army out of the old Midwest. Are you happy, now?
In war every form of neutrality is truncated the moment you invade another man's land, the Midwest was there for the taking because it was still deemed federal territory at the time, if Nigeria didn't fire the first shot at Ogoja and Garkem, there won't have been a Midwest invasion.
Ore saw no significant battle, Biafran troops stalled there thanks to Victor Banjo who was the worst possible character to even lead an attack of such importance in the first place, it's like asking a demon to lead an army of demons to upstage the devil at the gate of hell...very absurd...in war time and momentum are very important, we lost that by failing to press our advantage and paid the price by buying the Federal side enough time to reorganize and counter attack a force led by a clueless traitor.

We lost the Midwest but Muritala paid the price at Onitsha and Abagana, losing almost 10,000 troops just to capture a town is a pyrrhic way to console yourself as a commanders, little wonder he quit and returned to Lagos a defeated man.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
Qelvin:
Crime detection does not draw it's conclusion on mere speculation, the facts on ground have to be existential, concrete, and on basis of rationality proven to be true. On that note what we read here reeks of someone's statement or report that wasn't even present in all the scenarios that played out,who was present to witness all these events and conversations right from the time Pam's house was besieged and when he was been taken away?

There were witnesses present when Pam was arrested and taken away, and the conversation between him and the soldiers was done within the hearing of his wife. sad And you know women like to talk. In her grief, she must have replayed the scenario a thousand times in her head, and told others about it, including her son who documented the story of his arrest. So Mrs. Pam was witness number 1. undecided

At the execution ground, other soldiers (who were also part of the coup plotters) were present, when shots that killed Pam were fired. cry Don't forget that those soldiers were arrested. Police or the Special Branch team at that time, must have debriefed them and the records must have been carefully kept. So those chaps at the execution ground, were witness number 2.

Pam's son must have had access to the transcripts of their trial, or statements made when they were arrested. So that was how he was able to put the whole report, together.

Now that is not so hard to understand, is it? shocked

3 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ngozi123(f): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Lol. Our resident Igbo stalker strikes again... @Qelvin, don't mind him.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 11:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
laudate:

There were witnesses present when Pam was arrested and taken away, and the conversation between him and the soldiers was done within the hearing of his wife. sad And you know women like to talk. In her grief, she must have replayed the scenario a thousand times in her head, and told others about it, including her son who documented the story of his arrest. So Mrs. Pam was witness number 1. undecided

At the execution ground, other soldiers (who were also part of the coup plotters) were present, when shots that killed Pam were fired. cry Don't forget that those soldiers were arrested. Police or the Special Branch team at that time, must have debriefed them and the records must have been carefully kept. So those chaps at the execution ground, were witness number 2.

Pam's son must have had access to the transcripts of their trial, or statements made when they were arrested. So that was how he was able to put the whole report, together.

Now that is not so hard to understand, is it? shocked

All conjectures and no valid link to facts, your crime detective skill is riddled with speculative nonsense, educative guessing does you no favors on these one. I hope you do know that the attitude of the Northerners at the time was one of revenge, the counter coup was swift and brutal in its execution, I have no doubt the Northerners did not leave any room for your debriefing logic when all the soldiers involved in the coup were arrested...as far as the average Northern soldier was concerned at the time, if you were Igbo..you had to die regardless of whether you were a witness to the executions or not, this is just a very likely scenario if you were to picture the tense atmosphere at the time...and you have to also take into consideration that the Northern.grudge against Ironsi was that he failed to bring the coup leaders and participants to justice; thus we can infer that no official form of confessions were even released after the coup, so I just debunked your witness No 2 theory with a more plausible fact.

As for your witness # 1 theory, I'm glad you admitted women like to talk, and don't forget also EXAGGERATE, a heart broken woman recounting her tales of woe will surely add one or two scenes to her own story that will make sense to her, it's more of a instinctive wave of self preservation that deductive truth, so we can agree to disagree that in part, whatever conversations played out on the night of the arrest of Lt Col Pam was a likely scenario from a rational point...just the same way a good writer can come up with an imaginative dialogue to fit a scene and piece it together as a good plot for a story, hardly any detective skill involved in it.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
Qelvin:
I said provide a veritable source that all that conversation happened, isn't that the bone of contention? I know some yorubas are smart but stop disgracing your people here.

So, the account of his arrest and subsequent execution as documented by his son, is not enough?? shocked Na wa, o!! You keep asking for sources, yet you have not provided a single url or online link to any of the assertions, you have made so far on this thread. Continue with your antics. The whole world is watching! sad

Qelvin:
go f.v.c.k yourself you Slag, you stay on every thread a damn topic that relates to Biafra or Igbos, if that's not some sickening obsession then I don't know what else it is, your archives are there to see...you are active on about 60% of post about Igbos, you need to die quick already,oniranu.

Talking about citing sources, I'm I supposed to waste my time countering what I have already read from several books already? If I were to cite a quote from Madiebo's book in lieu with my standpoint, what difference will that make to someone like you who insist Alabi Isama's own version has to be right because he was at the war theatre in Ore, Madiebo's book still remains a best seller, go to Amazon and read the thrilling reviews about it from people all over the world, for a book that was written in the late 80's, it's sustains a lot of respect due to the in depth and balanced account of what happened on both sides, you have no right to tell me to get off your mentions, it'd best you stfu and don't respond at all.

The only sources you have cited so far in your responses to me, have been only two books (i.e. Madiebo's book & Achuzia's book). undecided And you claim to know so many things about the war. Yet you still keep chanting that people should provide you with sources. Does that sound like a person who knows more than others, about the war? I don't care if Madiebo's book remains a best seller. There are other books about the civil war, that have also been bestsellers. So what is your point? shocked

For you to get a well-grounded and balanced view about the war, you need to read widely and consult several books. I have done that, and I have been able to see where there are discrepancies in certain accounts, and where other accounts have been corroborated. I advise that you do the same, in order to get a balanced perspective. Try to get rid of Okokon Ndem's propaganda that has coloured your vision. You will be much better off for it. Stop making Madiebo's book, your only bible. Like Chimamanda Adichie said: "We all remember differently."

Now I will ignore your tantrums and name-calling just this once, because I know you are just a juvenile chap who has been fed with the wrong kind of info., yet he is desperately trying to show off the little knowledge he has acquired, which really isn't much. sad But please refrain from this habit, as my next response would not be so polite.

Finally, I comment on several threads, from education, to properties, to culture, to politics etc. I do not know why it offends you so deeply that I comment on Igbo-related threads. Do I need a special permission from anyone to do so? This is not even an Igbo thread, it is a thread about the first military coup in Nigeria. So when did it become the sole property of the Igbo, that you are now calling it an Igbo-related thread?? shocked

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 11:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
Qelvin:
All conjectures and no valid link to facts, your crime detective skill is riddled with speculative nonsense, educative guessing does you no favors on these one. I hope you do know that the attitude of the Northerners at the time was one of revenge, the counter coup was swift and brutal in its execution, I have no doubt the Northerners did not leave any room for your debriefing logic when all the soldiers involved in the coup were arrested...as far as the average Northern soldier was concerned at the time, if you were Igbo..you had to die regardless of whether you were a witness to the executions or not, this is just a very likely scenario if you were to picture the tense atmosphere at the time...and you have to also take into consideration that the Northern.grudge against Ironsi was that he failed to bring the coup leaders and participants to justice; thus we can infer that no official form of confessions were even released after the coup, so I just debunked your witness No 2 theory with a more plausible fact.

As for your witness # 1 theory, I'm glad you admitted women like to talk, and don't forget also EXAGGERATE, a heart broken woman recounting her tales of woe will surely add one or two scenes to her own story that will make sense to her, it's more of a instinctive wave of self preservation that deductive truth, so we can agree to disagree that in part, whatever conversations played out on the night of the arrest of Lt Col Pam was a likely scenario from a rational point...just the same way a good writer can come up with an imaginative dialogue to fit a scene and piece it together as a good plot for a story, hardly any detective skill involved in it.

Ok, you still do NOT want to believe that there were witnesses to Pam's arrest and execution?? shocked No problem. Like someone said earlier: Pam killed himself. He riddled his body with multiple gunshots all alone, without anyone's help. Are you happy, now?? shocked

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 12:06am On Jan 17, 2017
Qelvin:
In war every form of neutrality is truncated the moment you invade another man's land, the Midwest was there for the taking because it was still deemed federal territory at the time, if Nigeria didn't fire the first shot at Ogoja and Garkem, there won't have been a Midwest invasion.
Ore saw no significant battle, Biafran troops stalled there thanks to Victor Banjo who was the worst possible character to even lead an attack of such importance in the first place, it's like asking a demon to lead an army of demons to upstage the devil at the gate of hell...very absurd...in war time and momentum are very important, we lost that by failing to press our advantage and paid the price by buying the Federal side enough time to reorganize and counter attack a force led by a clueless traitor.

We lost the Midwest but Muritala paid the price at Onitsha and Abagana, losing almost 10,000 troops just to capture a town is a pyrrhic way to console yourself as a commanders, little wonder he quit and returned to Lagos a defeated man.

This is your warped ideology?? sad A shot was fired from Garkem, not from the old Midwest region, o ... but the old Midwest had to pay the price?? Wonderful! cheesy So why didn't Ojukwu say so in clear terms when he invaded Benin & the rest of the region? Why did he have to lie and claim that he had come to 'liberate' them? Did they send an SOS to him that they were in bondage? shocked

As for Ore, nobody forced Ojukwu to put Banjo in charge of the Ore expedition. So the blame should be laid on Ojukwu for his failure to put one of his own kith and kin in front, to lead the foray into Ore. Ojukwu's strategy, methods and handling of the war was obviously poor and shoddy. sad

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 12:07am On Jan 17, 2017
laudate:

Ok, you still do NOT want to believe that there were witnesses to Pam's arrest and execution?? shocked No problem. Like someone said earlier: Pam killed himself. He riddled his body with multiple gunshots all alone, without anyone's help. Are you happy, now?? shocked
I don't believe anything I read online, all the witnesses dead or alive should have written their own versions of what happened, I have learned not to take anything that relates to the unfortunate events of 1966-1970 with a mole of seriousness because it was a time hampered by too much anger, pain, and hatred...anybody could have recounted anything that made more sense to him in order to either led credence to his/her ethnic sentiments or just told plainly outright lies on account of speculation, even the American history is riddled with half truths, and we know they are far more efficient in preserving their own history, you should ask yourself why the civil war and the coup isn't taught in details in Nigerian schools, it should be a syllabus of its own.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by pazienza(m): 12:09am On Jan 17, 2017
Thank you!

60%? That's the understatement of the century.
"It" is 100% on all Igbo related threads and even any Igbo related post. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 12:10am On Jan 17, 2017
Qelvin:
I don't believe anything I read online, all the witnesses dead or alive should have written their own versions of what happened, I have learned not to take anything that relates to the unfortunate events of 1966-1970 with a mole of seriousness because it was a time hampered by too much anger, pain, and hatred...anybody could have recounted anything that made more sense to him in order to either led credence to his/her ethnic sentiments or just told plainly outright lies on account of speculation, even the American history is riddled with half truths, and we know they are far more efficient in preserving their own history, you should ask yourself why the civil war and the coup isn't taught in details in Nigerian schools, it should be a syllabus of its own.

No need for all this long grammar. Oya, like someone said in a previous post - "Pam killed himself." I am sure that unscripted version will make you sleep better at night. Ndo. wink

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 12:11am On Jan 17, 2017
pazienza:
[s]Thank you!

60%? That's the understatement of the century.
"It" is 100% on all Igbo related threads and even any Igbo related post. grin cheesy[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash / Governor Wike's Wife, Eberechi, Welcomes Him With A Peck After Edo Election / Ahmad Lawan Announces Two Defections In Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.