Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? (1057 Views)

Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Why Are Pregnant Women Exposing Their Bumps These Days? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by cilifa: 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
No one or gender is exempted.
Singles cheat on singles?
Married men cheating on their wives with single ladies?
Married women cheating on their husbands with single guys?
Married men dating married women?
Was it like these before social media boom?
Is social media exposing what we did not know before now?
Or is social media promoting promiscuity?
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by 2SWT(f): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
It all start from your mind, if you can think it you can do it. So the person has to think of cheating first before doing it.

Social media contributes it's part but there are people who are very active on social media that don't cheat.

Alot of things can be done easily nowadays without much stress and cheating is one.

One just has to be disciplined enough to resist temptations.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by talk2alabama: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
I believe social media promotes promiscuity, it wasnt like in the past in the days of our parents , cheating wasn't as high as it is now than it it used to be in the past.

The moment a couple diassociates themselves from social media, it reduces the risk of their marriage hitting the rocks..

1 Like

Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by Edwinmason(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
it is the effect of social media, telemundo
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by CoolFreeday(m): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
I think it all about mindset as 2SWT said. some people even see it as been normal and no longer feel remorseful when they do it.
Of cause social contributed because it makes connection and keeping intouch so easy.
Sexual awareness is very high now, sexual contents everywhere, so its expected.
unlike before, our women now want to explore like most men do, they push for their own sexual satisfaction now more than before(which is not their fault) and unfortunately their husbands are mostly busy. You also find more women telling their husbands they're not intimacy gadget n starving them and the men in a bid to satisfy their own, go out to cheat.

#The reasons are endless, We really need a lot of moral reorientation, if not, the next generation will be unimaginable
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by abouzaid: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
in all honesty, that is one question that even those doing it don't have an answer to.my friend who was cheating on his wife with a less beautiful woman could not even give me a good answer to that question. the worst is that it's now been accepted as been normal,even some couples that knows what their partners are upto just overlook it and maybe are into it themselves.
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
grin
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by 1mmanuel(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
The entertainment industry is also responsible. Nowadays our movies and series glorify those who are infidels and promote what is pervert .
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by redcliff: 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
the simple answer is that, its endtime.
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
No more conscience
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by Mskrisx(f): 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Simply put...the world has lost It's very reason for existence.

People keep deceiving people. smiley
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by KevinDein: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Funnily enough one looks odd if one doesn't partake in the shitty act. Men I see at the bar here in my hood, I wonder if they even fuuckk their wives. They come around with different girls every other day. Surely there won't be enough gas left for madam. not from middle aged men.

Seems pointless getting married these days, eh?
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by KevinDein: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mskrisx:
Simply put...the world has lost It's very reason for existence.

People keep deceiving people. smiley
sweetie, I think the ref should just blow the final whistle.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by Acidosis(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
The answer is simple: covetousness (greed).

We covet other people's cars, apartments, shoes, makeup, aso ebi, pre-wedding photos, eyes, legs, etc.

Sadly, covetousness isn't limited to material things, people covet married women, married men, etc. We lack contentment, we are never contended with what we have. The same man that said I do to a small brea.st would be seen running after another woman's brea.st just because they're bigger.

Today you want it bigger, tomorrow you want Dija's type... We lust, covet and steal other people's possession and we f00lishly call it"crushing". The same set of human being will complain tomorrow about cheating. Stop crushing, stop lusting, you know you will never date that American pop singer, yet you won't stop f00ling around when you see him on TV. That's covetousness, that's how cheating starts.
What you know you don't have, you covet so whenever a replica arrives, you abandon your own and act waywardly.

Covetousness has always been with us but social media aggravated the impact, and that's why we have more incidences of infidelity today. If we all decide to live with and enjoy our own (the short man, the fat woman, the dark or light skin guy, etc.), there wouldn't be issues.

Until we drop this greed, the grieving about infidelity won't end...
Re: Why Is Infidelity So Rampant These Days? by KevinDein: 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
^^^
Mr. Acidosis, no one's gonna hear.
You talk about morality and they call you a hypocrite (weird, really cos that's supposed to mean you don't practice what you preach; how did they ever come to that conclusion ) Or they just tell you to mind your business (that's the cool hippie phrase these days, eh grin)

I think a major disaster in humans societal set up looms, after which everyone will take note and admit that a major overhaul is needed.

Don't worry. Everything will be OK. After it has gotten really worse grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? / Two Sisters Under Fire For Sharing Photo Of Themselves Kissing On The Lips / British Man Finds Out Three Sons Aren't His After Raising Them For 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.