Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze (6762 Views)

Nigerian Army Has Committed War Crimes Against Humanity, Says ICC / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Life is a delicate gift every living person has in his/her possession. Its divine origin crystallizes life's sanctity, thus gainsaying any school of thought that rationalizes it being taken away from the possessor with impunity. It is in the bid to preserve and optimize human existence that necessitated what we know today as a state. It is underscored in the social contract or constitution of nations the human person's peculiarity and pertinence in sustaining whatever ideals contained in it. Justice occupies a prominent place in any society's modus operandi, although it tends to be interpreted differently. The misconception of that which is just and how to bring it about has culminated in a lot of atrocities and cataclysmic events, which has seen many lose their lives outside the ambit of the law. That this trend is commonplace in the Nigerian setting evokes sadness and moots the subject of jungle justice for dissection.

Questions about the appropriateness or inappropriateness of jungle justice is often posed in everyday discussions. Those by the newspaper vendors' stand argue for hours, trying to excavate an answer that would deal with such curiosity. Jungle justice, as the prefix implies, is the kind of justice dispensed without recourse to societal/constitutional laws. Society connotes a governmental structure, for "Ubi sociatas ibi jus." Where there is society, there is law. Not aligning with its stipulations on contentious matters make one guilty of the justice usually served hot in the jungle, where uncertainty is preeminent and safety is often elusive. This sort of justice seems to have displaced our judicial system. With the mob playing a bifocal role of judge and prosecutor, this is deemed by many to be a quicker and better way of determining the fate of assailants or thieves. The valid yet incorrect argument put forward by jungle justice exponents is the snail-like pace of the Nigerian justice system. No doubt, the country's judicial system has its challenges but it is a budding one where changes, comparable to that of a maturing teenager, is ongoing. Yet, this judicial growth process makes no excuse for those who have an inclination to take laws into their hands. Killing the offender without lawful consent, which is typically preceded by a fair hearing, is evil, bad, and wickedness at its peak. It is a sheer reflection of injustice to humanity, even if those on the other end are guilty.

More so, the way at which punishment that are not commensurate with crimes are meted out is suggestive of how unjust jungle justice is. How can the capital punishment be the only suitable penalty for every crime? Aluu four killings, where four handsome men, were taken to their early graves because they were alleged to be involved in robbery is a quintessence of injustice rather than justice. Recently, a seven-year-old boy was roasted for stealing garri. Without trial, the victims of jungle justice are decorated with tyres round their necks and made-up with big sticks that almost end up turning blood-red after usage. They wail, pleading for mercy that isn't forthcoming. With exiguous money in the pocket and unsure of the next meal, a member of the mob volunteers to buy fuel for setting the accused ablaze. Death then beckons. Vultures lurk, salivating as men prepare fellow men as food for them. Those who partake in this nefarious act are our fathers, mothers, brothers, and sisters. Would they prefer such for an erring family member, putting the Golden rule in view? Reconciling their considerate nature with this unseen ruthless, merciless side of them is a herculean task. Security agencies have repeatedly read the riot act to Nigerians but this has gone unheeded. The logical step to take is to enact a law that would sanction any road-side justice participant (including on-lookers) by jailing him/her for a number of years, thereby serving as a deterrent to others.

However, this brutish behaviour exhibited by many today, in this part of the world, dispute the rationality that humans are synonymous with. Sanity is handing over apprehended individuals to the police. The pandemonium it infuses to our national atmosphere refutes Nigeria's regard for the United Nations Declaration of Human rights in 1948, of which the "Right to life" is fundamental. Jungle justice is out of place and counteproductive to our judicial system. It is true that justice delayed is justice denied but justice quickened, gained on the road-side, is far worse.

Kaycee Naze
(Rational Pen)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44.
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 5:03am On Jan 16, 2017
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 10:39am On Jan 16, 2017
cc: seun, lalasticlala
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:53am On Jan 16, 2017
say NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE

4 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by SIRKAY98(m): 10:54am On Jan 16, 2017
I cannot read it fast because of d Grammatical Gigantical sentences

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by teamsynergy: 10:55am On Jan 16, 2017
our govt can only put an end to this heinous act by making sure that crimes and criminals are dealt with in accordingly. imagine the Fulani killings and yet no conviction and u want people to remain calm and not defend them selves. accountability is very key to ending jungle.. unfortunately, our security apparatus are extremely corrupt.. no hope in sight ...

4 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by slazedeez: 10:55am On Jan 16, 2017
hmmm...check my signature
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by emmayayodeji(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2017
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by oluwatunde1984(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2017
second time of fp since 2011

first time was 4mins ago

I dedicate this to all born again christian
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by zealz4u(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Martinola(m): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2017
i disagree
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by infogenius(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2017
Let me read your epistle, i will be back to comment

*******Edited****

Op your Grammar too much.
To start with, which 7 yr old was roasted for stealing Garri?
if it is that of the Alafia axis last November I will like you to
get your facts right before driving your point home.As you may
be misinforming readers
That dude was not 7 yrs old.

This post may help you.
https://www.nairaland.com/3470856/why-7-year-old-boy-killed-lagos

Jungle Justice is very bad I must admit and it is becoming increasing
common. Even innocent people may not be spared if someone points
an accusing finger by raising false alarm.

But there are some exceptions I would not mind jungle justice to be meted
out. See that idiot called Badoo, what did the police do to stop the menace
of that criminal? He rapes people's wives and rubs their privates with a
handkerchief or whatever. People lost their wives to that asshole and
yet the police allowed the guy to walk free within among sane people.

The justice meted on that guy was what he deserved.

If the police cannot bring such insane people to book, there is no point having them
around.

People are not happy with the economic situation these days. People are complaining
that times are so hard, the blood level has risen to boiling point and one idiot will
come and want to inflict more pains on such a person by stealing, raping and some
even go to the extent of stealing their children.
Bringing about more pain and sorrow to the victim.

Some people who are victims have even committed suicide because of the activities of these notorious
people.

Why spare them when they are caught is the question? You and I know that in most cases the victims
do not get fair judgement from the law.

Jungle Justice is just a reaction to the pains these criminals inflict on their victims.
If the Government , you and I can create more jobs and the hardship people
experience daily are minimized, jungle Justice will definitely reduce.

Also if the police and the judiciary system can improve thereby making people trust
them more. This will also reduce Jungle justice.

I am not a supporter of Jungle Justice, but honestly there are times that
examples need to be set to minimize crime rates.

5 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by FILEBE(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2017
how many time e go dey front page?
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2017
Kayceenaz... You have not stopped this your use of verbose English? From philosophy IMSU to Nairaland, you are still blowing grammar? We know you came out with a first class but can we hear word already? Next time when writing, try to put it in simple language because most of the audience here dont like reading long write ups and verbose words... Tank ma later undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by ndcide(m): 11:14am On Jan 16, 2017
Mchweew...
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by zealz4u(m): 11:26am On Jan 16, 2017
In Nigeria jungle justice is strictly for d poor or d less privileged and sometimes d suspect is not always guilty. It should be condemned. Our law makers should do something abt dis act of injustice to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 16, 2017
Who are you trying to impress with your inferior complex.

What happened to simple sentences. undecided
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by beinstein(m): 11:39am On Jan 16, 2017
As long as these harden criminals keeps tormenting innocent lives.......

As long as our police force keeps letting them(criminals) out (even when caught in the act) after getting bribed to continue tormenting innocent people.........

Then i'm very okay with jungle justice.

I used to think like you until i was robbed on gunpoint, made away with my valuables and was beaten to pulp. Left me in pool of blood to die, safe for a keke driver who took me to hospital while i was unconscious.
Your eyes go clear like white cloth wey dem use hypo wash when these criminals handle you.

Let the jungle justice continue until our policemen are ready to do their jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by vincent64(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2017
Unlock your icloud locked device at an affordable price....
Fast service also available
For enquiries call or whatsapp
0 8 1 6 9 4 7 6 3 8 2.
Come and leave with testimonies
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
zealz4u:
In Nigeria jungle justice is strictly for d poor or d less privileged and sometimes d suspect is not always guilty. It should be condemned. Our law makers should do something abt dis act of injustice to humanity.

I agree with you.
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by JuneOctober(f): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Who are you trying to impress with your inferior complex.

What happened to simple sentences. undecided
You naa grin cheesy
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
beinstein:

As long as our police force keeps letting them(criminals) out (even when caught in the act) after getting bribed to continue tormenting innocent people.........

I used to think like you until i was robbed on gunpoint, made away with my valuables and was beaten to pulp. Left me in pool of blood to die, safe for a keke driver who took me to hospital while i was unconscious.
Your eyes go clear like white cloth wey dem use hypo wash when these criminals handle you.

My brother, I understand your viewpoint. Your submission is natural but on the flip side, let's give reason a chance instead of our emotions. Anger does more harm than good. Subscribing to jungle justice sabotages the police that we yearn for to rise to the occasion, and by extension, our legal machinery. If you ask that state laws be suspended at such times, then that could be stretched to other cases where our common interests may be undermined. How do you feel when you see some politicians exploit their constituents and the country, who tend to perceive such as "justice" because it supposedly secures that which is due to them? What if they argue that they followed their instincts and paused the law? That wouldn't make us any better than them. State laws are sacrosanct and ought to be abided, irrespective of personal interests because it is inclined toward promoting the interest of all in most situations.
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by fbtowner(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
beinstein:

this is the feelings bro I can't forget that day I was going for my final clearance. After borrowing money from every one I know to go and clear my self in school.

They attacked us and took all my money documents infact they went with all my bag and phones with money.
I could not graduate with my mates then

We had to trek from shagam interchange to shagam. because no one will waits to help us.

If u Are not and harmed robber u won't be suspected as one
Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
infogenius:
Let me read your epistle, i will be back to comment

*******Edited****

Op your Grammar too much.
To start with, which 7 yr old was roasted for stealing Garri?
if it is that of the Alafia axis last November I will like you to
get your facts right before driving your point home.As you may
be misinforming readers
That dude was not 7 yrs old.

This post may help you.
https://www.nairaland.com/3470856/why-7-year-old-boy-killed-lagos

Jungle Justice is very bad I must admit and it is becoming increasing
common. Even innocent people may not be spared if someone points
an accusing finger by raising false alarm.

But there are some exceptions I would not mind jungle justice to be meted
out. See that idiot called Badoo, what did the police do to stop the menace
of that criminal? He rapes people's wives and rubs their privates with a
handkerchief or whatever. People lost their wives to that asshole and
yet the police allowed the guy to walk free within among sane people.

The justice meted on that guy was what he deserved.

If the police cannot bring such insane people to book, there is no point having them
around.

People are not happy with the economic situation these days. People are complaining
that times are so hard, the blood level has risen to boiling point and one idiot will
come and want to inflict more pains on such a person by stealing, raping and some
even go to the extent of stealing their children.
Bringing about more pain and sorrow to the victim.

Some people who are victims have even committed suicide because of the activities of these notorious
people.

Why spare them when they are caught is the question? You and I know that in most cases the victims
do not get fair judgement from the law.

Jungle Justice is just a reaction to the pains these criminals inflict on their victims.
If the Government , you and I can create more jobs and the hardship people
experience daily are minimized, jungle Justice will definitely reduce.

Also if the police and the judiciary system can improve thereby making people trust
them more. This will also reduce Jungle justice.

I am not a supporter of Jungle Justice, but honestly there are times that
examples need to be set to minimize crime rates.

"Jungle Justice is just a reaction to the pains these criminals inflict on their victims." If everyone starts reacting outside state laws, chaos and anarchy would be inevitable. It threatens order in the nation more. We ought to be co-partners with the nation's security agencies. The future implications of assenting jungle justice outweighs the instant benefits. Opposing opinions, no matter how numerous, do not alter this fact.

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice: An Injustice To Humanity - Kaycee Naze by Kayceenaz(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
For more corrective and thought-provoking articles, kindly visit the facebook page--https://mbasic.facebook.com/KayceeNaze/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5807214675

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 30 Persons In Ebonyi State (graphic Pic) / Human Parts Market In Lagos / Corned Beef Made With Human Parts- Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.