Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,530 members, 7,958,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos (18798 Views)

Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Cosmas Maduka Coscharis Regrets Investing N1.7billion On Vehicle Assembly Plant / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:
Very unfortunate. This shows that:
1. He has no interest in investing in the rail which means he will lobby to ground the rail which Goodluck Jonathan struggled to resuscitate.
2. Nigerian roads are doomed. No country's roads (least of all Nigerian) can survive the pounding they will get from this number of trucks. So more money goes into road rehabilitation which is only a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
Nigerians should NOT laud a truck production company. Not at this time in our national development.
RAIL should be the focus now.
federal govt ifs already working on that
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2017
oatzeal:
JACK OF ALL TRADE ..
And a master of all
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by Burgerlomo: 8:05am On Jan 16, 2017
Nice one
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by djbobby007: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2017
this are real investor in lagos,no small shops owner and chemist selling fake drugs,gala and lacasera in traffic

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by sojikul(m): 8:18am On Jan 16, 2017
oatzeal:
JACK OF ALL TRADE ..
Master of all
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by obailala(m): 8:23am On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:
1. He has no interest in investing in the rail which means he will lobby to ground the rail which Goodluck Jonathan struggled to resuscitate.
2. Nigerian roads are doomed. No country's roads (least of all Nigerian) can survive the pounding they will get from this number of trucks. So more money goes into road rehabilitation which is only a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
Nigerians should NOT laud a truck production company. Not at this time in our national development.
WHat on earth are you talking about?... That trucks are not important and we should concentrate on trains?... And you even get likes for this?

UK which has some of the best rail networks still has about the highest number of truck manufacturing plants in the world. I find it hard to understand your logic, do you think trains can replace trucks?.... Can a train do what trucks can do?... I suppose if you have 1000 manufacturing houses and large retail outlets in a state or a whole region, you expect a railway to branch into each one of them?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by sojikul(m): 8:23am On Jan 16, 2017
Aliko Dangote am happy for your success
And I pray to God that every body that feel thesame shall meet there heart desire Insha-Allahu .
You will not die but live to help nigeria as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by LorDBolton(m): 8:28am On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:

Smh. Then smiled... bruv you only speaking from a position of ignorance which sadly many of us (me included) sometimes wallow in.

OK let's say nigeria now has a world renowned rail network....

* how will fuel stations get gas/fuel?

*how will sand, granite, be delivered to building construction sites nationwide,

* in areas with bad water how will pure water, borehole water be transported there?

* your uncle in america sends large cargo of furnishings for his mansion in the motherland...after rail has moved it from the airport to edo, delta, calabar, onitsha... how will ya'll transport it to the house?

* some lumberjacks just finished felling trees how will they transport it to saw mills?

I await your answer bruv

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by Cchuks27(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2017
I wonder why he doesn't construct his own private and commercial rail and lease. I'm sure he can attract investors to finance the work and he'll pay over the course of time.

Well, just me saying, what do I know ...
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by obailala(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2017
agabusta:
Smart guy.

This Dangote is very smart. He knows there is zero duty on completely knocked down units of vehicles while brand new vehicles carries a 70% duty.

He has done his calculation as regards the number of trucks he will be needing for his businesses, say in the next 5 years, and the cost of importing these trucks and paying a whooping 70 percent duty per truck to the govt.

And has come to the realisation that it may actually be cheaper to invest in an assembly plant, where you are allowed by the govt to bring in completely knocked units and not pay a dime on duty.

In addition, there is money to be made in the endeavour apart from the cost saving it will represent to the Dangote group.

All he needs is a willing foreign partner with the technical capacity, who equally needs a local partner with deep pockets and wide connection across the breadth of the country.

There goes this seamless partnership between the Chinese and Dangote. The Chinese are ever eager to invade the length and breadth of the Nigerian economy.

Although there are benefits to be derived by Nigeria from this: direct employment, tax, VAT on sold trucks and also lots of indirect employment, but from my opinion, after the country has gotten a good number of assembly plants up and running, they should make the conditions for bringing in completely knocked down vehicle units more stringent.

They should mandate the vehicle assembly plants to imbibe a robust local content in their business. With a view to manufacturing vehicles fully within the country in the nearest future.
This is excellent reasoning from you. Dangote is a smart man, as much as he's doing this from a business point of view, it ends up helping Nigeria's economy greatly even if its just in terms of the jobs it will be creating. How I wish many more business men would reason like Dangote.

As for the local content thing, its only a matter of time before nature would take its natural course and we would realise we caould actually produce the things we've been importing. Innoson began with importing and assemblage of parts. But today, he produces over 60-70% of his vehicles locally. You never know what you can achieve until you start.

From 2019 and beyond, I truly envy whoever would be Nigeria's president by then when things like the Dangote refinery, the subsea gas pipeline and others would have become operational. These investments would turn Nigeria's economy around and whoever would be the president would take all glory grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by maasoap(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:
You want him to start building rail across Nigeria? Go and sleep.
Why would he ground the rail system when transporting using rail system is cheaper than road?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by malton: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2017
davodyguy:
why Lagos again?

Friendly and favorable business environment.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by LorDBolton(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2017
obailala:
WHat on earth are you talking about?... That trucks are not important and we should concentrate on trains?... And you even get likes for this?

UK which has some of the best rail networks still has about the highest number of truck manufacturing plants in the world. I find it hard to understand your logic, do you think trains can replace trucks?.... Can a train do what trucks can do?... I suppose if you have 1000 manufacturing houses and large retail outlets in a state or a whole region, you expect a railway to branch into each one of them?

Bruv take am easy on am, nigerians have been "conditioned" to hate trucks lols

Didn't even see ur reply to him, wouldn't have bothered to reply him after.

He's just a victim of bad governance over the years...on another thread someone criticised the govts move to start the newline rail from lag-ibadan.

He suggested govt focus on constructing better roads and expanding present one cry

I dey weep for my fellow nigerians PDP really damaged our psyche as a nation

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by QuotaSystem: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2017
hakimi1974:
dangote everywhere, i sure say igbo man blood dey flow for this man vein.

Why? That's a pure Hausa Fulani man, and I'm not surprised by your comment considering the level of ignorance and bigotry that has pervaded the minds of our youths.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by agabusta: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2017
obailala:
This is excellent reasoning from you. Dangote is a smart man, as much as he's doing this from a business point of view, it ends up helping Nigeria's economy greatly even if its just in terms of the jobs it will be creating. How I wish many more business men would reason like Dangote.

As for the local content thing, its only a matter of time before nature would take its natural course and we would realise we caould actually produce the things we've been importing. Innoson began with importing and assemblage of parts. But today, he produces over 60-70% of his vehicles locally. You never know what you can achieve until you start.

From 2019 and beyond, I truly envy whoever would be Nigeria's president by then when things like the Dangote refinery, the subsea gas pipeline and others would have become operational. These investments would turn Nigeria's economy around and whoever would be the president would take all glory grin

Thank you for the compliment. Indeed, there are gains for Nigeria from the endeavor. We definitely need more 'Dangotes' in this country.

Thanks for the info, never knew Innoson has upped his game to that extent. That is highly commendable.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by slydog(m): 8:59am On Jan 16, 2017
My only problem with this is: why only Lagos? The place already over populated for Christ sake
Am Yoruba by the way
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by hakimi1974(m): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2017
QuotaSystem:

Why? That's a pure Hausa Fulani man, and I'm not surprised by your comment considering the level of ignorance and bigotry that has pervaded the minds of our youths.
you are the bigot, and ignorant one, if you did not comprehend the satire in my comment. ogbeni park well joo.
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by princejayboss: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2017
This man is the biggest problem Nigeria has .... But some don't know
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by Arsasee(m): 9:27am On Jan 16, 2017
GMBuhari:
I once heard Dangote is a front for corrupt Northern politician

If that is true then he's awa thief

Imagine if likes of Alamesia, ibori, Jonathan had pH'ed into Nigeria's economy like Dangote is doing, we wouldn't be in recession , alas they prefer to move money abroad or bury it in pits

Dangote carry on, we sight you
What a Beast u r. What ever ur reply, you r more than that
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by bigboss80s(m): 9:35am On Jan 16, 2017
obailala:

UK which has some of the best rail networks still has about the highest number of truck tymanufacturing plants in the world. I find it hard to understand your logic, do you think trains can replace trucks?.... Can a train do what trucks can do?... I suppose if you have 1000 manufacturing houses and large retail outlets in a state or a whole region, you expect a railway to branch into each one of them?

Are u stupid or r u just pretending to be? These trucks are massive and put a lot of pressure on our already terrible roads which were ruined by the same kind of trucks in the first place. We need light trucks that carry smaller loads not these ones that weigh several tons

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by 2sexynet: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2017
GMBuhari:
I once heard Dangote is a front for corrupt Northern politician

If that is true then he's awa thief

Imagine if likes of Alamesia, ibori, Jonathan had pH'ed into Nigeria's economy like Dangote is doing, we wouldn't be in recession , alas they prefer to move money abroad or bury it in pits

Dangote carry on, we sight you
Someone close told me Dangote isn't as wealthy as one of his relative but the thing is they don't make noise. So add that to what you just said and we might not be far from the truth. He is probably fronting for a group of people considering that his name is already a brand. This may have been planned right from the onset in a meeting that people describe as "loan from his uncle"

They probably said "let's launch this guy into brand while work from behind the scene" It is a win win... You got to respect Northerners, those guys are forking thinkers. The South is just noise makers and sleepers, nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by obailala(m): 9:55am On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:

Are u stupid or r u just pretending to be? These trucks are massive and put a lot of pressure on our already terrible roads which were ruined by the same kind of trucks in the first place. We need light trucks that carry smaller loads not these ones that weigh several tons
Jesus is Lord! shocked

After the number of mentions you got with several people trying to correct your error, I actually gave you the benefit of a doubt thinking you retreated honourably after realising your error. But then you come back with this?... With insults? undecided

@LorDBolton, Abeg come and help me see the person you were defending. He just called me 'stupid' for explaining to him that trucks are important and their functions can't be replaced by trains lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by QuotaSystem: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2017
hakimi1974:
you are the bigot, and ignorant one, if you did not comprehend the satire in my comment. ogbeni park well joo.

Satire my foot, you were (possibly unconsciously) reinforcing a baseless stereotype and that's it.

You sounded totally ignorant of other Hausa Fulani billionaire industrialists like Dangote which is why you "sure say" Ibo blood runs through his veins.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by LorDBolton(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2017
obailala:
Jesus is Lord! shocked

After the number of mentions you got with several people trying to correct your error, I actually gave you the benefit of a doubt thinking you retreated honourably after realising your error. But then you come back with this?... With insults? undecided

@LorD.Bolton, Abeg come and help me see the person you were defending. He just called me 'stupid' for explaining to him that trucks are important and their functions can't be replaced by trains lipsrsealed

He's daft. . Dem plenty for this NL

I'm already feeling disillusioned with this forum sef, see rascals everywhere

You corrected him, rather than acknowledge, instead. He's Making noise smh

1 Like

Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by GMBuhari: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2017
2sexynet:
Someone close told me Dangote isn't as wealthy as one of his relative but the thing is they don't make noise. So add that to what you just said and we might not be far from the truth. He is probably fronting for a group of people considering that his name is already a brand. This may have been planned right from the onset in a meeting that people describe as "loan from his uncle"

They probably said "let's launch this guy into brand while work from behind the scene" It is a win win... You got to respect Northerners, those guys are forking thinkers. The South is just noise makers and sleepers, nothing else.
lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by GMBuhari: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2017
Arsasee:

What a Beast u r. What ever ur reply, you r more than that

Isn't there any FlatPob thread you can form boss on?
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by Granger: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2017
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by MChaze25(m): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2017
gave a top igbo guy this idea in 2015 and recommended same Chinese company as a matter of coincidence but he foot-dragged on it....now seee
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by freeDR(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:
You have not said anything.
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by bigboss80s(m): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2017
obailala:
Jesus is Lord! shocked

@LorDBolton, Abeg come and help me see the person you were defending. He just called me 'stupid' for explaining to him that trucks are important and their functions can't be replaced by trains lipsrsealed

I only asked a question which, by the way, u haven't answered. I don't get into fights here, but u have to be blind to not see that trucks are a big problem on our roads. Like someone pointed out, Dangote is making a wise business decision, but how does it affect Nigeria in the long run? And please don't compare Nigeria to countries like England where they have an excellent maintenance culture. Our roads cannot withstand the pressure of these trucks without regular resurfacing. If he has Nigeria's interest at heart he should be interested in getting NASS to pass bills that would allow private sector involvement in the rail sector.
Lighter trucks are needed. That much is certain. But we need a working, reliable, private-sector driven rail system even more.
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by 2sexynet: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2017
GMBuhari:
lipsrsealed
hahahahhaha
Re: Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos by obailala(m): 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
bigboss80s:

I only asked a question which, by the way, u haven't answered. I don't get into fights here, but u have to be blind to not see that trucks are a big problem on our roads. Like someone pointed out, Dangote is making a wise business decision, but how does it affect Nigeria in the long run? And please don't compare Nigeria to countries like England where they have an excellent maintenance culture. Our roads cannot withstand the pressure of these trucks without regular resurfacing. If he has Nigeria's interest at heart he should be interested in getting NASS to pass bills that would allow private sector involvement in the rail sector.
Lighter trucks are needed. That much is certain. But we need a working, reliable, private-sector driven rail system even more.
Please what question did you ask?... Trucks are a big problem on our roads but we certainly cannot do without them, not now and not even in the very long term. So what I am yet to understand in your logic is how continuation of truck importation is better than Nigeria manufacturing the trucks it uses. Obviously you seem to be the only one on this thread who is opposed to Nigeria manufacturing its own trucks because you think trucks are bad for roads.

A little piece of info for you, even the most advanced nations with the best rail networks still have heavy trucks all over their roads because the use of large trucks is inevitable in any economy; trucks can replace trains but trains can't replace trucks.

If your point were to be that the government should fix our roads and build rails to ease some of the load from our roads, that would have been an understandable contribution from you, but on this note, no one seems to understand where you are driving at; are you saying Dangote should start fixing Nigerian roads first or are you saying Dangote should invest in building railways for govt?... Trucks are inevitable to Dangote's business, so are you also suggesting that Dangote continues to import the thousands of trucks he uses instead of producing them here in Nigeria?.. How exactly does importing the trucks ease the pressure on our roads?... What exactly are you all about man? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 / Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / How Good Is Omegapro?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.