Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,229 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Forex Earning In The Country Reach $24B In 3rd Quarter Of 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Earning In The Country Reach $24B In 3rd Quarter Of 2016 (367 Views)

Fg Targets $8 Billion Forex Earning Annually From Yam Export / Business Opportunity In Time Of Recession (start Earning In $$ Today) / The Secret Formula To Wealth In Nigeria: Get Rich Quick Before The End Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forex Earning In The Country Reach $24B In 3rd Quarter Of 2016 by ifyan(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2017
Dr Doyin Salami has revealed that the aggregate inflow of Foreign exchange into the country hit $24Billion in 3rd quarter as against $15.33Billion recorded in 2nd quarter in 2016.

Read Also Forex challenge heightens Nigeria’s inflation, says IMF – The Nation

But Salami, who said this when he spoke on the outlook of the Nigerian economy in 2017, at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, King’s Court Parish, Victoria Island, Lagos, at the weekend, pointed out that the aforementioned amount of forex inflow recorded in the third quarter of last year was paltry, compared with an aggregate of $97 billion earned by the country in 2014.

Read Also Dangote sets up multi-million dollar Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos To Provide 3,000 Jobs

According to Salami this poor outlook for the country.As a nation, how we come out of recession is as important as staying out of recession. If we come out of it in a manner that sends us back to it two years down the line, because what we did to come out of it was unsustainable, that would be too bad.

If we come out of it in the right way, it is going to be gradual. So, for me I see growth around one and two per cent for 2017. My expectation for inflation in 2017 is going to be around 13 per cent. My hope is that the central bank would be a bit more consistent because last year, those of us responsible for monetary policy managed to speak from both sides of our mouths.

Dr Doyin Salami is a member of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

Read more @http://www.nairausd.com/

Re: Forex Earning In The Country Reach $24B In 3rd Quarter Of 2016 by MyNation(m): 9:47am On Jan 16, 2017
Not surprised with the way the current administration is going who knows what will happen nwxt

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid For Posting Topics / Aluminum Products / Irresistible OFFER!! 2 Blocks Of Flats In Ota For Sale!!get A PUPPY From Abroad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.