Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Football Viewing Centers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Viewing Centers (5037 Views)

Top 9 Fans You Can See In Viewing Centers / Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre / Soccer Viewing Centers - Should They Be Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football Viewing Centers by ruffbob(m): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2007
i am sort of confused about the product of satalite to buy to start a viewing center for football viewing center. i mean in terms of wide match coverage, affordability and of course cheap monthly subcription. pls opinions are high well comed. thanks
Re: Football Viewing Centers by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2008
HiTV first, then DSTV.
Re: Football Viewing Centers by showbobo(m): 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2008
HITV is better cos they have more coverage right than DSTV.
Re: Football Viewing Centers by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2008
Buy a calabash or clay pot then put clear water in it and let people come and watch from it. tongue grin cheesy
Re: Football Viewing Centers by tkb417(m): 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2008
Buy a calabash or clay pot then put clear water in it and let people come and watch from it
oponu jatijati grin grin grin
Re: Football Viewing Centers by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2008
oponu jatijati

Same to you
Re: Football Viewing Centers by folahann(m): 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2008
dayokanu:

Buy a calabash or clay pot then put clear water in it and let people come and watch from it. tongue grin cheesy
But Uncle why you do so now
Re: Football Viewing Centers by akara(m): 11:07pm On Feb 04, 2008
LOL
that one na cable tv from the ancestors
Re: Football Viewing Centers by JAZES(m): 12:36am On Feb 05, 2008
@dayokanu thats really funny.Theres neva a dry moment on nairaland. grin
Re: Football Viewing Centers by ken82(m): 7:54am On Feb 05, 2008
go for DSTV free to air good
for business
Re: Football Viewing Centers by sojioguns(m): 10:31am On Feb 05, 2008
COrrect me if I am wrong. Does DSTV have a free-to-air service? Does anyone know a good free-to-air service (satellite of course) that will work in Ikeja, Lagos and has a good selection of channels. I want to install in my office.
Re: Football Viewing Centers by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2008
dayokanu:

na wa o
Re: Football Viewing Centers by mygee33(m): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2008
Seun:

HiTV first, then DSTV.

You see you ll have to make sure your location is good. As such you ll be able to get enough cash to pay for the monthly stuff. You ll have more than one screen, whether cinema or black and while . Just to make sure u show as many matches as possible and for different fans so the don't fight and break your glass!
Re: Football Viewing Centers by RuuDie(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2008
If ur audience are patient enuff 2 watch their matches with audio in sm obscure lingua, then u can try HISPASAT, ARABSAT, INTELSAT, NILESAT, PAS etc. Probz is, signal strength's g'onna be mighty weak. . . . Incentive-u can view more football on TV than HI+DS put 2geda!
Re: Football Viewing Centers by RuuDie(m): 7:14pm On Feb 05, 2008
If ur audience are patient enuff 2 watch their matches with audio in sm obscure lingua, then u can try HISPASAT, ARABSAT, INTELSAT, NILESAT, PAS etc. Probz is, signal strength's g'onna be mighty weak. . . . Incentive-u can view more football on TV than HI+DS put 2geda!
Re: Football Viewing Centers by Kentus(f): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hi,

i'd say with the new premiership viewing right largely in favour of HITV, you'd need both.

HITV shows 80% of premiership matchs while DSTV show the English FA, Carling Cup, La Liga, Seria A and most importantly, Champions League.

since most football fans are usually interested in every one of these, your best bet would be to buy both.
Re: Football Viewing Centers by denony(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2008
Its easy, just get a radio with many sound speakers, that has many earpieze. nothing much. Or just get black and white television get white cloth put the black and white tv at the back, the thing don gel, na cinema be that.

Make sure say u dey collect your money before them go enter, and you must write no refund of money after payment. grin
Re: Football Viewing Centers by mamalaj(f): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2008
Dayokanu was that supposed to be funny?sorry to bust your bubble u really sucked,

Kentus i agree with you on your observation,so i suggest the poster should just "close your eyes" and buy both the hitv and dstv so u wud have all matches to show ur esteemed customers.GOODLUCK BRO! wink
Re: Football Viewing Centers by mendax: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2008
COrrect me if I am wrong. Does DSTV have a free-to-air service? Does anyone know a good free-to-air service (satellite of course) that will work in Ikeja, Lagos and has a good selection of channels. I want to install in my office.

@sojioguns

if na office viewin u dey find, why u dey find AWOOF??
Re: Football Viewing Centers by coolkaboom(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
this could be a very profitable business and it's 1 that i have run successfully for 4 years. DSTV with dual view used to be the safest bet but with d HITV swindle, u simply hav no choice but go with them. if u can get decoders, excellent.if u must get just 1, make do with HITV since they show most matches but that presents a problem when there r two or more matches goin on concurrently.best case scenario; get 2 HITV

d only input i have is that, ur investment will be lying idle unless u find ancillary ventures that compliment ur core offering.i also run a video-games arcade center which guarantees a mad crowd when there r no matches or even when d league season is over.

it's become very difficult to charge meaningful gate-takings, so try introduce membership fees or have a side bar where d premium on drinks will serve as d entry ticket too. it's better to charge N200 for beer than collect N50 per head.

it all depends on your location and your target market sha.goodluck bro.

2 Likes

Re: Football Viewing Centers by goget(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2008
Hi,

To succeed in the business you will need the following

1. A good business or sales plan

2. A dual view DSTV

3. Get a strong decoder

4. Al jazeera dish so as to be able to show all La liga matches and serie A

The DSTV will be useful to show English FA, Carling cup, and champions league.

HITV has the right to shows 80% of premiership matchs while DSTV show the English FA, Carling Cup and most importantly, Champions League.

Since most football fans are usually interested in every one of these, your best bet would be to buy both.

Feel free to contact me for more information on 08023801905. I will be most glad to give you any neccessary support coz I have helped a friend to run a viewing center since 2003 up to date.
Re: Football Viewing Centers by jonbullfin(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2008
Here is a chance to make your money work for you while you do nothing. join jonbull financial club. an incorprated trustee registered with the corporate affairs commission as an investment club. With 15,000 man membership from all over the country visit www.jonbullfinancial.

you will thank me at the end of the day

(1) (Reply)

Man Inserts Finger Into Cavani's Anus, Cavani Sent Off For Slap - Pics And Video / Betting Academy!!! Premium Daily Tips. / Arsenal Announce Partnership With Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.