Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes (36301 Views)

7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore / 8 Common Habits That Damage Your Eyesight / 10 Common Habits That Damage Your Kidneys (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by dammy13(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
The Human eye is one of the most amazing organ in the human body. It is also a complex one just like the brain and sure needs constant care to remain at optimal ability. The truth is 80 percent of vision related problems can be either cured or prevented. Here in this post we are going to be talking about how we can be preventing some eye related problems.

It us important we keep our two peepers healthy and here are some unhealthy things you might have been doing which can be affecting your eyes negatively.

1. Reading with low light. Our eyes are so sensitive to light and sure need light to function well. Reading in low light is just you straining your eyes.

2. Not seeing a professional for help. When we discover any problem with our eyes most of us ignore it or use self medication. This is bad

3. Rubbing your eyes. The make up of our eyes doesn't support this, though a lot of us engage in it from time to time. Rubbing your eyes can lead to infection.

4. Smoking. Am sure you are not shocked to see smoking making this list. We have previously spoken about reasons you should quit smoking . And if you love your eyes, you need to quit it now.

5. Swimming without googles. This can lead to a lot of eye related problems, from irritation to partial blindness the dangers are there.

6. Wearing cheap eye makeup. This is for the ladies, we know you love to wear a cool makeup but cheap or expired eye makeup can affect your eyes and eyelashes negatively

7. Keeping contact lens for too long. Every eye care professional around knows that using contacts in the wrong way can damage your eyes.

8. Exposing your eyes to sunlight. Wearing protective shades and face caps might be good to protect your eyes.

That would be all for now. Cheers

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/the-hunan-eye-is-one-of-most-amazing.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by DICKtator: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eye see....

Hi can't believe it

Hi Sis

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by adonbilivit: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
spending all your day on Nairaland. you are gradually fucking up your eyes. better start giving a fuckkk about your eyes

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by ChuzzyBlog: 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by timmycris(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
cry cry and I thought I was FTC for the 1st time in life. those people above me,its unfair ooooooo

Modified: thanks to op for the advice!
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by DCMIX(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
OK, noted.
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
This is for me. Thanks. cheesy
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by quadree: 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
Thanx... FTC i think?
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by ecto(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
ok nah, mk i book space
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by NotNairalandi(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
op..what about seeing fake prophecy?

does it not affect our eyes also

5 Likes

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by datopaper(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
S
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Denningtedy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
SO MAKE I NOR WEAR CONTRACT LENS AGAIN SHOGBOR grin cool tongue embarassed tongue lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by professore(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
This is nice.
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
smoking no1 problem
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by paulo220(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
staying too Long on nairaland...

1 Like

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by ralphblac(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
ok
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Stark7: 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Thanks OP
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by damar007(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
lemme just comment
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Dariye(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
A friend of mine(educated) once argued with me that exposure of the eyes to firewood smoke(not excessive though) has no negative effect on the eyes, that in fact, it makes it sharper, citing examples of grandmothers in the village who are exposed on a daily basis and are still able to read the bible without the aid of glasses.
I didn't agree with him though but it kept me wondering... Could he be right to some extent?

3 Likes

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by PrinceDave001(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
"Swimming without googles".... Am guilty of this.Does anyone knows where I can get swimming googles
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by logoranking(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
Noted. Thanks
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by holluwai(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Ginaz(f): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
I can't read something from afar, it looks blur. What does it mean? Got this problem right from primary school.
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by oladipo322(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
news about MMM alone on nairaland can destroy ur eyes

2 Likes

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by KingRex1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Having your smartphone too close or using it on a high brightness level.

1 Like

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by vadeonly(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ok

Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by KingRex1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ginaz:
I can't read something from afar, it looks blur. What does it mean? Got this problem right from primary school.
You're shortsighted.. Its hereditary
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
KingRex1:
hi bro......
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Ginaz(f): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
KingRex1:

True, especially the brightness part.
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by KingRex1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
olihilistic:
hi bro......
Hey Jix.. Happy new year bro
Re: 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes by Ginaz(f): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
KingRex1:

You're shortsighted.. Its hereditary

Do I need glasses? It's really affecting me especially when I'm watching movie and can't see the fuccking subtitles. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Almajiris Test Positive For COVID-19 In Kaduna After Repatriation From Kano / Ebola Could Return To Nigeria In December - Dr Haliru Alhassan (health Minister) / I Can Still Get Married & Have Kids- Hiv+ Nigerian CEO Says (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.