Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? (1013 Views)

The Most Important Type of Tithe / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by liljaydee(m): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2017
How come churches are hidden this law from its members? shocked shocked shocked

1 Share

Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by Mowoe(m): 10:18am On Jan 17, 2017
Egbon, if you want to pay tithe in church, Pay. But if you don't, go and use the tithe money to Buy CATTLE...
I believe in tithing in church and it works for me.

#WehDoneSir
#FTC

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by liljaydee(m): 10:19am On Jan 17, 2017
Am just referring to what the Bible instruct us to do with tithe
Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by plainbibletruth: 11:23am On Jan 17, 2017
Many church leaders today have designed their own systems and have totally DISREGARDED The clearly revealed Word of God.
They come up with their own definition of words, choose what a passage of scripture means and apply it as they feel like.
That, unfortunately, is what has happened to the tithe issue. The Biblical position has been set aside for the doctrines of men.

The excuse that because "it works for me" therefore it's ok shows how Christians have become so unthinking and ridiculously crazy.

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by liljaydee(m): 11:31am On Jan 17, 2017
True talk bro...

plainbibletruth:
Many church leaders today have designed their own systems and have totally DISREGARDED The clearly revealed Word of God.
They come up with their own definition of words, choose what a passage of scripture means and apply it as they feel like.
That, unfortunately, is what has happened to the tithe issue. The Biblical position has been set aside for the doctrines of men.

The excuse that because "it works for me" therefore it's ok shows how Christians have become so unthinking and ridiculously crazy.
Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by Mowoe(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Crazy? Is it not thesame Bible that has Malachi 3:10? Truth is everyone wants to interprete the Bible in a way it favors them.. Paying tithe was my decision, not my pastor's. I believed I would work for me as Malachi puts it and Its working....
#MyDecisionMyBlessing
Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by annunaki2(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mowoe:

Crazy? Is it not thesame Bible that has Malachi 3:10? Truth is everyone wants to interprete the Bible in a way it favors them.. Paying tithe was my decision, not my pastor's. I believed I would work for me as Malachi puts it and Its working....
#MyDecisionMyBlessing

The tithes sopken of in malachi 3:10 was not money and it's wrong to twist it to mean money.
Re: The Law Of TITHE... How come Churches Never Mention This??? by plainbibletruth: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Mowoe:

#MyDecisionMyBlessing

We are not at liberty to decide on how to deal with God or serve him. We are to FOLLOW [/b]his prescribed way of relating with him – not our own way but his way.
Typical case: Uzzah (1 Chronicles 13: 5 – 10)
God had given [b]SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
as to how to handle the holy things of the tabernacle, including the Ark. This was several years, I think hundreds of years before this incident. They were NOT to touch any of the holy things or they will die. (Numbers 4:15). But Uzzah thought it was more important to ‘protect’ the Ark than to obey God’s clear mandate not to touch it. The EMOTION of the moment felt better than simply following the Word of God. In the end he died. Who knows what miracle God would have shown Israel that day which the enthusiasm of Uzzah stalled.
Recall what Samuel told Saul: “To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams”
No Christian has a right to value his feelings or perceived good intentions or morality of his actions over the more reasonable Word of God.

For example, a Christian may wake up and say “I want to burn incense unto to Lord like the priests used to do”. “I want it to be a sweet smelling savour to the Lord”. And he goes ahead to do that justifying on the basis that: (1) It is in the Bible, (2) He is a royal priest, (3) He just feels like doing it, etc,etc. But all these seemingly ‘GOOD’ reasons cannot be enough to approve his actions without going back to the Scriptures and really seeing if God’s word approves of it.

So when it comes to TITHING the first issues for anyone to consider are:
- What does the Word of God say about it?
- What constitutes tithe?
- How is it to be done?
To answer the questions we need to go back to WHEN God instituted the tithe. When God established the tithe he said it was to be 10% of Israel’s AGRICULTURAL produce. There was MONEY in use then but God still specified it as farm produce. In fact under certain conditions God allowed that they could TURN THEIR TITHE into MONEY (i.e. convert the tithe into money by selling them), take the money to where they are to tithe and use the money to buy back the tithe items for observance of the tithe. NO MONEY was used in TITHING!

God also gave reasons why they were to tithe. The Levites were a key beneficiary because God gave them no land. The rest of Israel was to support them as a result.
Therefore God still expected Israel to follow his EXACT ORDER! It was not to be based on expediency. It was not to be based on current necessity needing change or adjustment.

I’ve tried to be brief because most of the details have been dealt with severally on nairaland. What any interested enquirer need do is search preferably using ‘Google’ on tithing with nairaland included in the search words – ‘Google’ throws up better results than nairaland search.

So, when anyone comes to Malachi 3:10 the rational questions are:
- What tithe is God talking about here?
- Is it the one he had previously instituted or is it a new one?
- If it is the existing one, what are his specifications?
- If it is a new one what are its requirements?
It is obvious that the tithe Malachi talks about is the one instituted in the MOSAIC LAW. If so, the next thing an honest person should do is to go back and see ALL that is said about its operations there in the Mosaic Law.

Remember like I said earlier NO CHRISTIAN has a right to disregard God’s own clear instructions on how to do a thing, and then follow his perceived opinion as to WHAT tithe is or HOW to go about tithing. That would be ARROGANCE!
No Christian has a right to REDEFINE what God has clearly stated. A thing said to be done for God MUST be done in God’s way for it to receive God’s approval. That is the simple but plain truth.

A Christian who REFUSES to do God’s thing in God’s way but still claims to be getting results can only be getting results from some other source and NOT God.

It is always NOT ABOUT US but about God. All the glory must be to God. No glory must be ‘shared’ with God.

BTW, why are those so strong in Christian tithing not doing other things the Mosaic Law prescribed? How come they are not into feast of weeks, feast of trumpets, etc? How did they come about SINGLING out tithing? And REDEFINING what and how it is to be operated? Who gave them this authority: deciding to change God’s own instructions?

God is a God of order and specificity. He is a God of PROTOCOL. When he gave Moses instructions he would add some words or phrases like “See to it that you make them ACCORDING to the pattern which was shown you”. Imagine if Moses went away and decided that his own choice of design is more attractive and goes ahead to follow his mind rather than God’s? What would you call that? Creativity or disobedience?

- What did God say tithe is, as clearly written down in his Word?
- How did he say tithing should be observed?
- Did he say it is 10% of ANYTHING – clothes, MONEY, etc?
- Did he leave room for flexibility on the part of the tither to make any change?

So, if you must tithe, do it God’s way as clearly prescribed in his Word. Failure to follow God’s clearly laid down procedure is tantamount to DISOBEDIENCE!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Manual ( Sunday, 2nd April 2017) / Do You Think Your Prayer Can Work For Me?prover Urself Now! / Apostle Suleman Gives Life Support To Ailing Idan Irawo Producer, Kunle Agboola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.